PDA

View Full Version : Fugitive fundraiser captured...

stephanie
09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh my...The Shrillary didn't get the Hillraiser the Hell out of the country fast enough.....I hope he sings some beautiful songs.....The corruption in the Democrat party is so deep, it makes homosexual sex look petty...But we won't hear a thing from the liberals or the Lame stream media on this, so get the word around...

Snip:

Jaxon Van Derbeken,John Coté, Chronicle Staff Writers

Thursday, September 6, 2007

(09-06) 20:52 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- Fugitive political fundraiser Norman Hsu, who skipped out on San Mateo County authorities this week rather than face sentencing in a fraud scheme, was apprehended tonight by federal and local lawmen in Grand Junction, Colo.

Authorities said Hsu was taken into custody at St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction at 7 p.m. local time. He had been on the lam for almost two days after failing to appear in a Redwood City courtroom Wednesday to surrender his passport.

Hsu's attorney told state prosecutors that he had been on a charter flight that arrived at Oakland International Airport at about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday and then dropped out of sight, said Gareth Lacy, a spokesman for the state Attorney General's office.

Hsu's disappearing act seemed to be a reprise of a move he pulled in 1992, when he failed to show up for sentencing in the same grand theft case. Hsu was facing up to three years in state prison, a $10,000 fine and restitution payments after pleading no contest in 1992 to a single count of grand theft in what prosecutors described as a $1 million fraud scheme.

But while free on bail after his plea, Hsu dropped from sight for 15 years, apparently spending time in Hong Kong, the Philippines and Taiwan, only to emerge in recent years as a seemingly wealthy New York resident who donated generously in Democratic political campaigns, regularly attended fundraisers and was photographed with party leaders.

A week ago, Hsu, 56, surrendered to San Mateo County sheriff's deputies in Redwood City after press accounts linked him to the earlier grand theft case. He spent a few hours in county jail before posting $2 million bail and agreeing to surrender his passport.

The state Attorney General office, which is prosecuting the case, initially sought bail of $1 million, but San Mateo Superior Court Judge James Ellis doubled that to $2 million - the amount specified in the arrest warrant.

After Hsu posted bail, his attorney, Jim Brosnahan, sent a legal assistant to Hsu's New York condominium on Monday to retrieve the passport but was unable to find it after a 90-minute search.

Before Hsu was captured tonight, Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell became the latest Democratic figure to distance himself from fundraiser, announcing earlier today that he would donate to charity almost $40,000 Hsu contributed to his campaign.

"Though Norman is my friend, and remains so, his failure to appear casts a new light on his assertions regarding the original case," Governor Rendell said in a prepared statement. "As a result, I will follow other elected officials and donate the money he contributed to me to charity.

Hsu, listed as a "Hillraiser" committed to bringing in $100,000 or more to the presidential campaign of New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, has given an estimated $600,000 of his own money to candidates ranging from San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom and Assemblywoman Fiona Ma to presidential hopeful Illinois Sen. Barack Obama. Hsu has helped raise hundreds of thousands more through high-profile events in New York and California and served on the board of trustees of New York City's New School university at the request of Bob Kerrey, the university's president and former Democratic senator from Nebraska.

The size and scope of Hsu's contributions made him one of the party's largest individual contributors. While he gave $23,000 to Clinton and $7,000 to Obama, he also gave $62,000 to New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer, $50,000 to New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo and $50,000 to the New York State Democratic Party.

His contributions also included $38,000 to the Tennessee Democratic Party, $750 to Newsom, $1,250 to San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris and $3,500 to the 25th Ward Democratic Organization in Chicago.

Read the rest on the continuing culture of corruption by the Democrats at..
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/09/06/BA9OS10B5.DTL

Joe Steel
09-07-2007, 05:26 AM
Oh.

This again.

I thought it was about Tom DeLay.

Interesting, isn't it. Republicans like Tom DeLay make a career out of ignoring the law and Republicans don't care. But it one Democrat is remotely involved with a guy who did somehting a bit shady, they go on and on about it for years.

It makes me a bit suspicious of their involvement in the political process. Do Republicans look at politics as a profit opportunity? Maybe they want all the bad guys for themselves.

KarlMarx
09-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Oh.

This again.

Interesting, isn't it. Republicans like Tom DeLay make a career out of ignoring the law and Republicans don't care. But it one Democrat is remotely involved with a guy who did somehting a bit shady, they go on and on about it for years.

It makes me a bit suspicious of their involvement in the political process. Do Republicans look at politics as a profit opportunity? Maybe they want all the bad guys for themselves.
A senator plays footsies with a cop in a men's room, and all we hear about is how corrupt the Republicans are.

A leading Democratic fundraiser for a candidate for the President of the United States turns out to be a fugitive from justice for 15 years, then skips the country.... well, that's a non sequitur.

You Dems and libs are beautiful, nothing your side does is so bad, so underhanded, so downright corrupt that you can't find a talking point for it.

If the Clintons committed genocide, you'd defend them. You'd defend a sewer rat if it were a Democrat.

Having the Clintons in your party is like wearing a dead skunk around your neck. No matter how much you say it doesn't, it stinks and furthermore, the stink is getting on you.

Hillary Clinton telling us about the Republican Culture of Corruption is like Adolf Hitler telling the Jews about the evils of genocide.

09-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh.

This again.

This isnt the first clinton scandal.

And Delay never broke a law. its quite impossible to break a law that isnt passed till after the time he supposedly broke it.

09-07-2007, 10:35 PM
A senator plays footsies with a cop in a men's room, and all we hear about is how corrupt the Republicans are.

A leading Democratic fundraiser for a candidate for the President of the United States turns out to be a fugitive from justice for 15 years, then skips the country.... well, that's a non sequitur.

You Dems and libs are beautiful, nothing your side does is so bad, so underhanded, so downright corrupt that you can't find a talking point for it.

If the Clintons committed genocide, you'd defend them. You'd defend a sewer rat if it were a Democrat.

Having the Clintons in your party is like wearing a dead skunk around your neck. No matter how much you say it doesn't, it stinks and furthermore, the stink is getting on you.

Hillary Clinton telling us about the Republican Culture of Corruption is like Adolf Hitler telling the Jews about the evils of genocide.

and yet they are still going to rush in and vote for Hillary. Youd think they would atleast want some fresh blood in the white house.

5stringJeff
09-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh.

This again.

Quite the red herring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring_fallacy#Red_herring) argument there.

actsnoblemartin
09-08-2007, 11:58 AM
its about time, didnt something similar happen in the 90's?

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Prosicute him and punish him to the full extent of the law just like Abramhoff.

09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Apparently he is pulled off the train half dead... anyone else think there is alot more to this story?

Another corrupt Clinton fundraiser caught. What a surprise. yet people will still vote for another four years of this.

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Has Hillary been charged with any wrong doing?

09-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Has Hillary been charged with any wrong doing?

not yet. but Hillary and Bill dont start conveniently forgetting about things except when they are in cover up mode. Do you really want another four years of their corruption?

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 02:27 PM
not yet. but Hillary and Bill dont start conveniently forgetting about things except when they are in cover up mode. Do you really want another four years of their corruption?

So how long did Ken Star investigate these people ?

Is anyone talking about charging Clinton with anything?

Why didnt the R congress investigate her in the last 6 years?