PDA

View Full Version : Migraine headaches

jimnyc
11-14-2019, 01:46 PM
Anyone else?

Been dealing with these stinking headaches my entire life. When I was a little kid I can recall getting them, and it would hurt so badly that I would punch the bed and headboard and walls. My Mom would always come in with a cool cloth for my head and lay with me, and of course always bring a bucket! Why? Migraines are so intense for some that they will make you throw up. And many times, you cannot get rid of the headache until you throw up. I'll never know why. But I have found myself with the worst headaches ever, and being shaky and sweaty, and stick my finger down my throat to try and induce it!

Yesterday was one of those days. I woke up at 5am with the migraine already in full effect. I felt queasy almost from the moment I got up, so it didn't take long before I was in the bathroom. :(

But that didn't help. Tried to go back to bed, hands shaking and head pounding and now soaking wet, as between the harsh headache and tossing up, that's what it does. But then I'm freezing because I am wet.

So a few minutes later I had to repeat the process. Then I took some tylenol and tried to lay down on the couch. Had to run to the downstairs bathroom. Then it was the recliner with a bucket. Somehow I ended up in the bathroom anyway. I noticed it was all red. Not blood, but all red. I couldn't remember everything I ate for the life of me but couldn't remember anything that would do that.

Repeat and now back upstairs. Head is still pounding away and nothing helping. 2 more tylenol. About 5 minutes later back into the bathroom. :( This went on from 5am until about 2 in the afternoon yesterday before I threw up one last time and then was finally able to fall asleep til 5pm and woke with the headache gone, but my body completely done in. Like I got my ass kicked 3x over. Always the same and nothing helps. :(

Oh, and the red? I had forgotten that I bought a new Tylenol - red liquid gels - of which I'll never be taking again. Too big and I realized that I was throwing up in less than 5 minutes of taking them. For whatever reason, maybe not enough water, my body was rejecting it back up. On top of my migraine. And now no tylenol hitting my head for relief. :(

Kathianne
11-14-2019, 01:57 PM
I used to get migraines. Stopped after 1st child born. I don't think that will work for you. :(

SassyLady
11-14-2019, 03:09 PM
I used to have them frequently and have passed out while throwing up. Have had to be driven home from work.
After menopause not so frequent. Now, I get them from clenching my teeth or from sinus problem. Still need to throw up most of time.

Jim, you might need to have an MRI with a neuroquant mapping and a comprehensive hormone panel done. They could be hormone related or head injury.

Gunny
11-14-2019, 06:27 PM
I used to get migraines. Stopped after 1st child born. I don't think that will work for you. :(

:laugh:

jimnyc
11-14-2019, 06:36 PM
I used to have them frequently and have passed out while throwing up. Have had to be driven home from work.
After menopause not so frequent. Now, I get them from clenching my teeth or from sinus problem. Still need to throw up most of time.

Jim, you might need to have an MRI with a neuroquant mapping and a comprehensive hormone panel done. They could be hormone related or head injury.

Interesting.

I'm hating to go to doctors anymore. But if I can find something to help. My sister in law had shots she could give herself if it was coming home and poof, no headache. I'll certainly look into that!!

Drummond
11-14-2019, 08:14 PM
I think I'll reflect what's basically being said in this thread (??) .. that migraines become less severe, the older you get.

That's been my experience of them. I used to get quite bad ones in my teens ... jagged lines obliterating much of my sight for an hour or so, then the headache. My worst ever persisted for two days.

I had a period of years when I was free of migraines. Now, they're back (from a year ago), but easily shrugged off. Jagged line effect for 30 mins, if that, and not greatly noticeable ... a brief, not severe, follow-up headache for about an hour afterwards ... then it's gone. I don't get them often.

In my teens, they could incapacitate me. These days, I can function without letting them bother me. All's good with them.