PDA

View Full Version : damn neighbors

dan
09-07-2007, 05:10 AM
OK, so my neighbors downstairs are really nice people (both older, probably in their late 40s), but they're rednecks and they get drunk, outside on the porch, every night. The walls in my place are pretty thin, so when they're outside, you can hear them inside pretty easily. So, last night, they're outside until 3 AM, hollering and raising hell fighting with each other. And, I have to be at work at 5 AM.

I seriously considered calling the cops last night, but I'm not the kind of guy to narc people out like that. I'm really considering filing a complaint with the apartment complex. But, these people are, for the most part, pretty accommodating, and I'm sure there's been plenty of times I've been listening to music or something and they heard it. Not at 3AM, but still...

So, what do you think I should do? I'm really pissed about this, but maybe I'm just cranky. I've gotten about 10 hours' sleep in the last 3 nights combines.

JohnDoe
09-07-2007, 05:52 AM
OK, so my neighbors downstairs are really nice people (both older, probably in their late 40s), but they're rednecks and they get drunk, outside on the porch, every night. The walls in my place are pretty thin, so when they're outside, you can hear them inside pretty easily. So, last night, they're outside until 3 AM, hollering and raising hell fighting with each other. And, I have to be at work at 5 AM.

I seriously considered calling the cops last night, but I'm not the kind of guy to narc people out like that. I'm really considering filing a complaint with the apartment complex. But, these people are, for the most part, pretty accommodating, and I'm sure there's been plenty of times I've been listening to music or something and they heard it. Not at 3AM, but still...

So, what do you think I should do? I'm really pissed about this, but maybe I'm just cranky. I've gotten about 10 hours' sleep in the last 3 nights combines.

Biblically, the advice on this would be to approach your neighbor, with your concerns.... and to settle them out of the court or the law.

Soooooooo, taking this in to consideration: :D

I would find a time to approach your neighbors, in a friendly manner, and tell them that they better be kissing and making up from that spat the other night at 3am cuz you can't go another sleepless night when you have to get up at 5am to be at work! ;) Or something like that!

If that doesn't work...come back to me again for the next step... :D

jd

jimnyc
09-07-2007, 06:01 AM
OK, so my neighbors downstairs are really nice people

Sounds as if they are on the lower floor and you are upstairs? I would lean over your balcony, or out your window if there is no balcony, and take a really large crap on them while they are being a nuisance. Crap on the head will ALWAYS get your point across.

You can thank me later for the sound advice.

JohnDoe
09-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Sounds as if they are on the lower floor and you are upstairs? I would lean over your balcony, or out your window if there is no balcony, and take a really large crap on them while they are being a nuisance. Crap on the head will ALWAYS get your point across.

You can thank me later for the sound advice.

:no:

;)

jimnyc
09-07-2007, 06:12 AM
:no:

;)

I admit it, I'm awful! You DO NOT want to get on my bad side in the neighborhood and piss me off. I'm all about revenge! LOL

I almost wish I lived with Dan. I can think of SO many ways to have fun with them. When I'm done with them they'll be in bed by 8pm nightly just to avoid my wrath! :laugh2:

jackass
09-07-2007, 06:41 AM
I agree with JD. Just make sure they know you have to wake up at 4 am!

dan
09-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Maybe I'll talk to them. Problem is, the guy doesn't work, and he plays guitar, and I guess he has a lot of free time, because he's always trying to get me to come down and hang out with him, which I have no interest in doing. So, I try to avoid talking to them as much as possible.

truthmatters
09-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Call the management.
That is what they are for.

get some ear plugs.

You never know if they are like jim and into revenge.

Trigg
09-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Years ago...........and I do mean years ago.

We had downstairs who used to drink/party and play country music loud every weekend. After talking to them and calling the cops didn't work.

I got a beasty boys tape.........and pointed the speakers at the floor. They were real quiet after that, never had anymore problems.

Guess they didn't like rap:dunno:

TheStripey1
09-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Years ago...........and I do mean years ago.

We had downstairs who used to drink/party and play country music loud every weekend. After talking to them and calling the cops didn't work.

I got a beasty boys tape.........and pointed the speakers at the floor. They were real quiet after that, never had anymore problems.

Guess they didn't like rap:dunno:

great idea, Trigg...

Dan, perhaps you could do this when you get up in the morning several days in a row waking them up...

see HOW they like it... I'd inform the management that that was what you were going to do though, so they don't drop a dime on you...

dan
09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I'm going to call the landlord when I get home. Thanks for the help, and just in case, I've definitely got most of the Beastie Boys' CDs, just need to set up my speakers!

Said1
09-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Personally, I would talk to them. I'd bring beer with me too.

Roomy
09-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Ask them nicely to keep the noise down, if that fails get nasty.

actsnoblemartin
09-08-2007, 12:18 PM
id say call the cops, dont deal with them directly, if they get nasty

Ask them nicely to keep the noise down, if that fails get nasty.

dan
09-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Well, I filed an anonymous complaint with management. I've gotten complaints at other apartment complexes before (in my younger, wilder days:laugh2:), and I know all you get the first time is just a written warning. No big thing.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2007, 01:52 PM
You are paying rent, Dan, and deserve some quality of life there. Good luck!

Trigg
09-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Well, I filed an anonymous complaint with management. I've gotten complaints at other apartment complexes before (in my younger, wilder days:laugh2:), and I know all you get the first time is just a written warning. No big thing.

Well good luck.

Most of the time talking to them will work. But some people are just obnoxious.