PDA

View Full Version : US Democratic hopeful Kucinich meets Assad, blasts Bush

stephanie
09-07-2007, 07:48 AM
What a disgraceful little man..:mad:

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Talkbacks for this article: 208
SNIP:

US Democratic presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich, on a Mideast visit that included a stop in Syria, said the country lambasted by the Bush administration deserves credit for taking in more than a million Iraqi refugees.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio).
Photo: AP [file]
Kucinich, a strong anti-war opponent who trails far in the US presidential polls, also said he won't visit Iraq on his trip to the region because he considers the US military deployment there illegal.

"I feel the United States is engaging in an illegal occupation ... I don't want to bless that occupation with my presence," he said in an interview in Lebanon, after visiting Syria. "I will not do it."

Kucinich, who accused the Bush administration of policies that have destabilized the Mideast, met with Syrian President Bashar Assad during his visit to Damascus. He said Assad was receptive to his ideas of "strength through peace."

read the rest and comments at...
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1188392553023&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2007, 09:37 AM
"I feel the United States is engaging in an illegal occupation ... I don't want to bless that occupation with my presence," he said in an interview in Lebanon, after visiting Syria. "I will not do it."

sweet, he is willing to 'bless' Syria, but not the fledgling Iraqi democracy.......does anyone still have any questions about why Democrats suck at foreign policy?

theHawk
09-07-2007, 10:16 AM

Wow, doesn't that just make you all warm and fuzzy inside? Golly it makes me just want to run out and vote for a Democrat!!!

:puke3:

:fu: Dennis.

Gaffer
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
He's always been a despicable little weasel. Too bad one of those islamists does snatch his ass up while he's over there. I would pay money not to have him released.

09-07-2007, 10:38 PM
do you think anyone would miss him if terrorist got him?

Just wondering...