PDA

View Full Version : University and College Union Says Anyone Can ‘Self-Identify’ as Black

jimnyc
11-17-2019, 11:46 AM
So someone can decide one day they think they were born a woman, even though what is between their legs shows otherwise. But they decided, so we MUST tolerate, and call them as such.... and in places like the UK you can even be fined for not doing so! And here in America, it's getting similar, and many places are making demands and tolerance demands and giving in to BS demands....

And the same applies if I decide I am gay or a lesbian or whatever.

And NOW someone can self identify as being black. WTF?????? Put blackface on and your life will be over, you get fired and all hell breaks loose. but what if I am white and decide I am a black man? So long as no blackface I am ok? Or once I identify as black, then can I use darkening stuff? :rolleyes:

AND AND AND now I can plop my lazy ass in a wheelchair and simply claim I am now disabled, and I want everything that gets granted to disabled folks. Gimme my placard today so I can get all the best parking spots! Maybe get to the front of the line in many places? Oh the endless benefits I can dream up of utilizing on this one!! And all I gotta do is be disabled and have a magical chair that gets me around. Maybe I'll get me one of those electric ones on discount somehow!!

This is insanity. Does anyone even use their brains anymore? How can ANYONE think it's Aok for someone can self identify as disabled? What's wrong with that picture? Hey, UK - and when and if this gets traction, will anyone get a fine that disagrees with this person in a wheelchair that also decides to walk when convenient to them?

---

The Next Frontier? University and College Union Says Anyone Can ‘Self-Identify’ as Black

The University and College Union (UCU) has declared that anyone can “self-identify” as “black, disabled, LGBT+ or women”.

“UCU has a long history (from predecessor unions) of enabling members to self-identify whether that is being black, disabled, LGBT+ or women [sic],” a six-page position statement from the union, which “represents over 120,000 academics, lecturers, trainers, instructors, researchers, managers, administrators, computer staff, librarians and postgraduates in universities, colleges, prisons, adult education and training organisations across the UK.”

“UCU supports the right of all women (including trans women) to safe spaces… UCU also supports a social, rather than a medical, model of gender recognition that will help challenge repressive gender stereotypes in the workplace and in society,” the statement added.

The document focused primarily on gender like this, but that reference to “enabling members to self-identify whether that is being black, disabled, LGBT+ or women” was repeated three times.

Gunny
11-17-2019, 12:35 PM
So someone can decide one day they think they were born a woman, even though what is between their legs shows otherwise. But they decided, so we MUST tolerate, and call them as such.... and in places like the UK you can even be fined for not doing so! And here in America, it's getting similar, and many places are making demands and tolerance demands and giving in to BS demands....

And the same applies if I decide I am gay or a lesbian or whatever.

And NOW someone can self identify as being black. WTF?????? Put blackface on and your life will be over, you get fired and all hell breaks loose. but what if I am white and decide I am a black man? So long as no blackface I am ok? Or once I identify as black, then can I use darkening stuff? :rolleyes:

AND AND AND now I can plop my lazy ass in a wheelchair and simply claim I am now disabled, and I want everything that gets granted to disabled folks. Gimme my placard today so I can get all the best parking spots! Maybe get to the front of the line in many places? Oh the endless benefits I can dream up of utilizing on this one!! And all I gotta do is be disabled and have a magical chair that gets me around. Maybe I'll get me one of those electric ones on discount somehow!!

This is insanity. Does anyone even use their brains anymore? How can ANYONE think it's Aok for someone can self identify as disabled? What's wrong with that picture? Hey, UK - and when and if this gets traction, will anyone get a fine that disagrees with this person in a wheelchair that also decides to walk when convenient to them?

---

The Next Frontier? University and College Union Says Anyone Can ‘Self-Identify’ as Black

The University and College Union (UCU) has declared that anyone can “self-identify” as “black, disabled, LGBT+ or women”.

“UCU has a long history (from predecessor unions) of enabling members to self-identify whether that is being black, disabled, LGBT+ or women [sic],” a six-page position statement from the union, which “represents over 120,000 academics, lecturers, trainers, instructors, researchers, managers, administrators, computer staff, librarians and postgraduates in universities, colleges, prisons, adult education and training organisations across the UK.”

“UCU supports the right of all women (including trans women) to safe spaces… UCU also supports a social, rather than a medical, model of gender recognition that will help challenge repressive gender stereotypes in the workplace and in society,” the statement added.

The document focused primarily on gender like this, but that reference to “enabling members to self-identify whether that is being black, disabled, LGBT+ or women” was repeated three times.Only if it means I can dunk :)