PDA

View Full Version : My MRI

SassyLady
11-20-2019, 01:35 AM
And neuroquant mapping shows I have Posttraumatic Hydrocephalus.

Posttraumatic hydrocephalus (PTH) is a frequent and serious complication that follows a traumatic brain injury (TBI). ... Ultimately, PTH is caused by an imbalance that occurs between CSF production and absorption. PTH may present as normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) or as a syndrome of increased intracranial pressure.

Posttraumatic hydrocephalus is a treatable complication of head injury and can present with several different clinical syndromes. ... Posttraumatic hydrocephalus seems to result from a blockage of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) flow around the cerebral convexities.

The cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is produced from arterial blood by the choroid plexuses of the lateral and fourth ventricles by a combined process of diffusion, pinocytosis and active transfer. A small amount is also produced by ependymal cells.

So, I started hyperbaric chamber treatments last week.

A groundbreaking study (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/12/prweb9011742.htm) of U.S. military veterans with blast-induced mild traumatic brain injury and PTSD, published in 2011, produced significant results. “Headaches, post-concussion symptoms, abnormal neurological exam findings, cognition, PTSD, depression suicidal ideation, quality of life and brain blood flow were significantly improved after a one month course of HBOT.” Six months later, the great majority of veterans in the study sustained their improvements.

Wish me luck.

Abbey Marie
11-20-2019, 08:40 AM
It’s good to have a definitive diagnosis. Prayers for you, Sassy.