PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question...

High_Plains_Drifter
11-22-2019, 10:15 PM
I thought this might be fun to see who says what... SO... if you could pop in and out of a fantasy world, something you've seen in a movie, something you read in a book, or something you've thought up yourself, any time, any place, there's no limitations, what would it be?

-------------------------

Well... at the risk of sounding like a dweeb, I'm going to say Harry Potter. I don't think it would get much more fun to be a WIZARD, and have your normal family here and now, but be able to cross over to this world of magic. I'd love to see that Diagon Alley, but not the fake one at Universal Studios Orlando, but the real one in the movie, the fantasy one, only real, and hang out with Potter and Hermione, go with them on one of their adventures, what fun.

Anybody else care to sound like a dweeb? ... :laugh:

Gunny
11-22-2019, 10:27 PM
Anybody else care to sound like a dweeb? ... :laugh:

Nope.:smoke:

:laugh2:

icansayit
11-22-2019, 10:30 PM
I'm more of a Nerd, than a Dweeb (I guess). I'm into historical subjects, past History, and only follow what I must discover on my own, as actual fact. Based on proven facts.

My fictional life ended the day I joined the navy. Everything became, suddenly real then.

Gunny
11-22-2019, 10:33 PM
I'm more of a Nerd, than a Dweeb (I guess). I'm into historical subjects, past History, and only follow what I must discover on my own, as actual fact. Based on proven facts.

My fictional life ended the day I joined the navy. Everything became, suddenly real then.Now THERE is a good question ...

Whatever happened to our imaginations over the years?

High_Plains_Drifter
11-22-2019, 11:03 PM

My fictional life ended the day I joined the navy. Everything became, suddenly real then.
OK... so maybe an answer for you might have been you'd like to be able to jump back to some point in history, and meet someone...?

Doesn't have to be fantasy place and time. I say fantasy because the premise is fantasy. Not that where you'd like to jump has to be, could have been or is real, or even in the future.

LongTermGuy
11-23-2019, 12:17 AM
I thought this might be fun to see who says what... SO... if you could pop in and out of a fantasy world, something you've seen in a movie, something you read in a book, or something you've thought up yourself, any time, any place, there's no limitations, what would it be?

-------------------------

​What the hell..I`ll bite...I will call this... "sweet `movie bad-guy` payback" (A Pop in and out of time fantasy...>>anywhere anytime..any place)

:thumb:

"Just a matter of when"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=35&v=X7RoK-f-KMg&feature=emb_logo

icansayit
11-23-2019, 12:34 AM
OK... so maybe an answer for you might have been you'd like to be able to jump back to some point in history, and meet someone...?

Doesn't have to be fantasy. I say fantasy because the premise is fantasy. Not that where you'd like to jump has to be, could have been or is real, or even in the future.

If I could. I would go back to the WWII years, and like to think I would have been working under my Hero. Gen. Patton.

I've read a lot about him over the years, and have often wondered about his near, absolute convictions that he had lived in another time. As he said, during the times of the Northern Africa (Libya) days. What makes it more interesting for me, is that I actually got to personally be, and see many of those places while I was in the Navy. So, watching the Movie, with George C. Scott...reminded me of those places as well. So, Patton and I would have both been Reincarnated together.:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2019, 09:24 AM
If I could. I would go back to the WWII years, and like to think I would have been working under my Hero. Gen. Patton.

I've read a lot about him over the years, and have often wondered about his near, absolute convictions that he had lived in another time. As he said, during the times of the Northern Africa (Libya) days. What makes it more interesting for me, is that I actually got to personally be, and see many of those places while I was in the Navy. So, watching the Movie, with George C. Scott...reminded me of those places as well. So, Patton and I would have both been Reincarnated together.:laugh:
That's a good one. I can relate. I watch a lot of the WWII stuff on Prime TV, and there's a bunch. I feel some sort of connection with that time frame myself. Why I really don't know. Maybe it's because I relate it to my Ma and Dad who lived through it, and I do believe they were "the greatest generation."

Might be very interesting to slip back in time and be with the Allied Forces, the Americans in particular, when they finally reached Berlin... the end of the line.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2019, 09:34 AM
A second one for me would be to go back in time and be a member of the Lewis and Clark, Corps of Discovery. What an incredible adventure that would be.

A third, and back to some fantasy, would be a gas to pop into "No Name City" in the movie, Paint Your Wagon. Have a drink and do some gold mining with Clint Eastwood, "Partner," and Lee Marvin, "Ben," not to mention see the very beautiful and sexy Jean Seberg, "Elizabeth."

Kathianne
11-23-2019, 09:52 AM
I’d go on the trip with Tocqueville, seeing the US in it’s youngster years.

LongTermGuy
11-23-2019, 05:37 PM
A second one for me would be to go back in time and be a member of the Lewis and Clark, Corps of Discovery. What an incredible adventure that would be.

A third, and back to some fantasy, would be a gas to pop into "No Name City" in the movie, Paint Your Wagon. Have a drink and do some gold mining with Clint Eastwood, "Partner," and Lee Marvin, "Ben," not to mention see the very beautiful and sexy Jean Seberg, "Elizabeth."

"No one knew what to expect..."
:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVAkAtgXMTo

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2019, 05:39 PM
I’d go on the trip with Tocqueville, seeing the US in it’s youngster years.
That's a good one, Kath. Interesting fellow. I had no idea who he was of course and had to read about him.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2019, 05:45 PM
"No one knew what to expect..."
:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVAkAtgXMTo
Nice... thanks pard... one of the best books I ever read was "Sacajawea" by Ana Lee Waldo. It's one of the most accurate accounts of the Lewis and Clark journey there is. It was so captivating I couldn't put it down.

If anyone ever wanted to read a good book...

https://www.amazon.com/Sacajawea-Lewis-Clark-Expedition-Waldo/dp/0380842939/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3RT3UIHB8D0RD&keywords=sacajawea+book&qid=1574549121&sprefix=sacaja%2Caps%2C463&sr=8-1

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2019, 05:49 PM
I'd also like to slip back in time and somehow meet Hitler. I think it would be fascinating to talk to the most HATED man ever on earth. To see what drives a man to think nothing of MURDERING MILLIONS of people. What do they act like? What do they say in casual conversation? Maybe move that brief case so the desk leg didn't deflect the blast and take the worthless POS out.

I always thought that if I'd have had the financial means, I'd have enjoyed being a psychiatrist.

Drummond
11-24-2019, 09:33 AM
I'd want to live in a fantasy world where a newly-mutated virus covered the whole planet. The effect of the virus would be, simply, to force Left-wing adherents to see for themselves how destructive their ideology is ... forcing them to repent.

The virus would have the effect of making them desperately sorry for the ideological scourge they'd have been a part of propagating ...

LongTermGuy
11-24-2019, 01:24 PM
I'd want to live in a fantasy world where a newly-mutated virus covered the whole planet. The effect of the virus would be, simply, to force Left-wing adherents to see for themselves how destructive their ideology is ... forcing them to repent.

The virus would have the effect of making them desperately sorry for the ideological scourge they'd have been a part of propagating ...

https://s3.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/Zr4T0SdxPr9sw4vF2VnnEw--/YXBwaWQ9eW15O3c9NjQwO3E9NzU7c209MQ--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/hearst_mens_health_171/9e864038842adb8ad725704d71320059

SassyLady
11-24-2019, 07:47 PM
I would be Secretariat's jockey during Triple Crown.

Historical and exhilarating rides!

High_Plains_Drifter
11-25-2019, 09:57 AM
I would be Secretariat's jockey during Triple Crown.

Historical and exhilarating rides!
I watched that movie. Quite a story behind that horse. It's last win was nothing short of spectacular.