PDA

View Full Version : DOJ IG finds no poliyical bias in Russia investigation

del
11-23-2019, 10:44 AM
Imagine that!

next thing they'll be telling us the republicans hired Crowdstrike!

The Justice Department’s internal watchdog is expected to find in a forthcoming report that political bias did not taint top officials running the FBI investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign in 2016, while at the same time criticizing the bureau for systemic failures in its handling of surveillance applications, according to two U.S. officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-watchdog-finds-political-bias-did-not-taint-top-officials-running-the-fbis-russia-probe-but-documents-other-errors/2019/11/22/4b2f51de-0d48-11ea-97ac-a7ccc8dd1ebc_story.html

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2019, 11:18 AM
What the thread title says... "DOJ IG finds no poliyical bias in Russia investigation"

What the article says... "is *expected* to find" ... (big difference.)

The ultra leftist lying political hack member of the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING that wrote this garbage... "THE WASHPO."

.................................................. .................................................. ...................:lol:

jimnyc
11-23-2019, 11:34 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if this one finds lame little things and no one big behind the endless "coincidences" that took place. I didn't fully trust this one from day one, but there's no doubt that Hillary and company paid for the investigating and the Steele dossier.

And while I had higher hopes on this one to an extent, it's the Barr and Durham investigations that I truly want to see play out. I'll still await this report and see if this is all that comes of it. But we already know that the Durham investigation is now a criminal investigation, and that's the one that I truly want to see who's gonna get nailed. And as for this one, I'll still await the report. Both sides reporting opposite, and both known to lie. So I'll believe it when I read it. Other folks in the same circles state otherwise about findings that they know of.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2019, 11:39 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if this one finds lame little things and no one big behind the endless "coincidences" that took place. I didn't fully trust this one from day one, but there's no doubt that Hillary and company paid for the investigating and the Steele dossier.

And while I had higher hopes on this one to an extent, it's the Barr and Durham investigations that I truly want to see play out. I'll still await this report and see if this is all that comes of it. But we already know that the Durham investigation is now a criminal investigation, and that's the one that I truly want to see who's gonna get nailed. And as for this one, I'll still await the report. Both sides reporting opposite, and both known to lie. So I'll believe it when I read it. Other folks in the same circles state otherwise about findings that they know of.
True, but once again, the article posted above first had a misleading, albeit, WISHFUL thread title, and then contradicted by the article.

It could be a leak, but the Washpo, good Lord, how many times has that leftist hell hole lied?

Too many to count.

jimnyc
11-23-2019, 12:10 PM
It appears that the NY Times is reporting the same, as if they are any better. But I do believe the leaks actually. So a low level guy will get nailed for a mistake that basically means nothing. And if so, I'll trust in the investigation, for some reason. I no longer trust any of our intel agencies fully. But I'll respect any findings.

So after the 9th, it's on to the next investigations.

Reports: IG Finds Bias Didn't Taint FBI Officials in Russia Probe

The Justice Department’s inspector general is reportedly expected to absolve the FBI’s top ranks of being biased against President Donald Trump in its probe of Russia’s election meddling — while criticizing the bureau for failures in handling surveillance applications.

The eagerly awaited report by Inspector General Michael Horowitz is due Dec. 9 will allege a low-level FBI lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, inappropriately altered a document used during the process to renew a controversial warrant for electronic surveillance of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, The New York Times reported.

The finding has been referred to U.S. Attorney John Durham, and the lawyer is being investigated criminally for possibly making a false statement, the Times reported.

But Horowitz will conclude the application still had a proper legal and factual basis, and that FBI officials didn’t act improperly in opening the probe of possible cooperation between Russia and the Trump campaign, The Washington Post reported.

The wiretap of Page became a political flash point in early 2018, though it was just one aspect of the inquiry that found Moscow sought to help Trump win the 2016 election and that his campaign expected to benefit, but found insufficient evidence to charge any conspiracy, the Times reported.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/fbi-horowitz-russia-trump/2019/11/22/id/942992/

High_Plains_Drifter
11-23-2019, 01:20 PM
It appears that the NY Times is reporting the same, as if they are any better. But I do believe the leaks actually. So a low level guy will get nailed for a mistake that basically means nothing. And if so, I'll trust in the investigation, for some reason. I no longer trust any of our intel agencies fully. But I'll respect any findings.

So after the 9th, it's on to the next investigations.

Reports: IG Finds Bias Didn't Taint FBI Officials in Russia Probe

The Justice Department’s inspector general is reportedly expected to absolve the FBI’s top ranks of being biased against President Donald Trump in its probe of Russia’s election meddling — while criticizing the bureau for failures in handling surveillance applications.

The eagerly awaited report by Inspector General Michael Horowitz is due Dec. 9 will allege a low-level FBI lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, inappropriately altered a document used during the process to renew a controversial warrant for electronic surveillance of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, The New York Times reported.

The finding has been referred to U.S. Attorney John Durham, and the lawyer is being investigated criminally for possibly making a false statement, the Times reported.

But Horowitz will conclude the application still had a proper legal and factual basis, and that FBI officials didn’t act improperly in opening the probe of possible cooperation between Russia and the Trump campaign, The Washington Post reported.

The wiretap of Page became a political flash point in early 2018, though it was just one aspect of the inquiry that found Moscow sought to help Trump win the 2016 election and that his campaign expected to benefit, but found insufficient evidence to charge any conspiracy, the Times reported.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/fbi-horowitz-russia-trump/2019/11/22/id/942992/
Well we know damn it's a LIE. We know this ENTIRE FIASCO has been POLITICALLY MOTIVATED. You'd have to be from another PLANET not to know! I never trusted Horowitz to be 100% honest either.

But Barr and Durham's reports that are supposed to FINALLY come out on 12/9, they're the ones that are going to ECLIPSE this IG report. The IG report is basically a toothless report anyway. The Durham investigation is the one that's CRIMINAL, and the one that's going to indict, impanel a grand jury, convict and put people in PRISON. The IG report can say whatever it wants, it's really, basically, irrelevant.