PDA

View Full Version : Students Storm the Field at Harvard-Yale Game to Protest Climate

jimnyc
11-24-2019, 11:43 AM
Read another article last night asking if this is something they should be arrested for? OF COURSE they should! If I was drunk and ran on the field, I could/would be banned from the place and given a trespass ticket/fine.

This is getting tiring. I don't want to tune into a game and see this crap. And if they think this is a way to get the word out or a way to get supporters, they are sorely mistake. Only makes me want to see them simply disappear is all. :rolleyes:

--

Students Storm the Field at Harvard-Yale Game to Protest Climate

The 136th edition of one of college football's oldest rivalries, the Harvard-Yale game, was disrupted by a couple of hundred students who stormed the field at halftime to protest climate change, delaying the start of the second half.

The hour-long delay meant that the game, played at the Yale Bowl, finished in near darkness as the stadium has no lights installed. After two overtimes, Yale prevailed 50-43.

Make no mistake: this ain't your granddaddy's Ivy League.

ESPN:

In a statement, the Ivy League referred to the protest as "regrettable." Yale said that while it "stands firmly for the right to free expression," it had issues with how the protesters went about their demonstration.
"The exercise of free expression on campus is subject to general conditions, and we do not allow disruption of university events," Yale said in its own statement.

Yale coach Tony Reno said the unusual interruption was an example of what has made his university's rivalry with Harvard stand the test of time.

"It's what makes Yale Yale," Reno said. "Our group, I'm sure if you asked them and the Harvard guys what makes it special, it's not only the game of football. It's the passions."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/students-storm-the-field-at-harvard-yale-game-to-protest-climate/