PDA

View Full Version : A Split Decision From Congress Will Leave Voters With Final Say on Trump

jimnyc
11-24-2019, 02:55 PM
I said that was part of their plan from the get go. If they win, great, and if not draw out the negativity all the way till the election if they can.

But their plan was absolute absurdity and more to it about them than the person they accuse. And the rules changes and blocking out of republicans.

And then, while they are pulling all of this BS, the democrats campaigning for the presidency are leaving many yawning, or looking on in horror at the endless list of freebie promises.

--

A Split Decision From Congress Will Leave Voters With Final Say on Trump

Unlike Presidents Richard M. Nixon or Bill Clinton, Mr. Trump will face an election after his impeachment battle if he isn’t removed from office.

WASHINGTON — When it was all over and the witnesses had testified and the speeches were done, President Trump pronounced himself satisfied with the show. “We had a tremendous week with the hoax,” he declared on Friday as he addressed a room of collegiate athletes. “That’s really worked out incredibly well.”

Mr. Trump began the day with a 53-minute phone call to Fox & Friends in which he repeated a familiar list of accusations and falsehoods, which he amplified again on Saturday with a string of Twitter posts. Indeed, even after two weeks of hearings that presented compelling evidence against him, Mr. Trump was acting as if nothing had changed. In a way, it had not.

Every one is playing their assigned role in a drama where the ending seems known in advance as the House of Representatives heads toward a likely party-line vote to impeach the president, followed by a Senate trial that will not convict him.

But if the outcome of the showdown on Capitol Hill at the moment appears foreordained, the ultimate verdict still is not. Unlike Presidents Richard M. Nixon or Bill Clinton, Mr. Trump faces an election after his impeachment battle, meaning that the voters will serve as the court of appeals rendering their own final judgment on whether he has committed high crimes and misdemeanors.

As a result, now that the House Intelligence Committee has laid out the evidence against Mr. Trump, the debate that will play out on Capitol Hill in coming days will be aimed not at swaying lawmakers firmly embedded in their partisan corners, but at framing the issue in ways that will resonate with the public. The next few weeks could be critical in setting the parameters for a campaign that will decide if Mr. Trump is fit for office.

“The impeachment jury is actually the smaller universe of voters in our country who are persuadable, swing voters who have avoided the tribalism plaguing most of our citizenry these days,” said former Representative Chris Curbelo, Republican of Florida. “Their verdict will be issued next fall.”

Rest - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/23/us/politics/trump-impeachment-voters.html

Gunny
11-24-2019, 09:22 PM
I already gave up trying to figure out voters. After all, close to half vote Democrat and who of sound mind can figure out THAT?

Normally, with normal thinking people, I would say the Dems have done more to harm themselves than Trump. They look petty, childish and have done nothing for 3 years but persecute one man.

Back to "used to be" .... used to be Americans would always go with the underdog and if there was ever an underdog, that's one title Trump wins hands down.

del
11-25-2019, 11:16 AM
I already gave up trying to figure out voters. After all, close to half vote Democrat and who of sound mind can figure out THAT?

Normally, with normal thinking people, I would say the Dems have done more to harm themselves than Trump. They look petty, childish and have done nothing for 3 years but persecute one man.

Back to "used to be" .... used to be Americans would always go with the underdog and if there was ever an underdog, that's one title Trump wins hands down.

lol