PDA

View Full Version : I almost agree with Dems on free $$ for illegals and education

jimnyc
11-27-2019, 06:00 PM
ONLY if the money spent is used on dummy schools and other similar activities used to reel in the illegals like little little minnows in a bait trap.

--

ICE arrests 90 more foreign students at fake university created by DHS in Michigan

DETROIT – About 90 additional foreign students at a fake university in metro Detroit created by the Department of Homeland Security have been arrested in recent months.

A total of about 250 students have now been arrested since January on immigration violations by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as part of a sting operation by federal agents who enticed foreign-born students, mostly from India, to attend the school that marketed itself as offering graduate programs in technology and computer studies, according to ICE officials.

Many of those arrested have been deported, while others are contesting their removals. One has been allowed to stay after being granted lawful permanent resident status by an immigration judge.

The students had arrived legally in the U.S. on student visas, but since the University of Farmington was later revealed to be a creation of federal agents, they lost their immigration status after it was shut down in January. The school was staffed with undercover agents posing as university officials.

Out of the approximately 250 students arrested on administrative charges, "nearly 80% were granted voluntary departure and departed the United States," the Detroit office of ICE's Homeland Security Investigations told the Free Press in a statement Tuesday.

Of the remaining 20%, about half have received a final order of removal; some were ordered removed by an immigration judge, and others "were given an expedited removal by U.S. Customs and Border Protection," HSI Detroit said.

The remaining 10% "have either filed for some sort of relief or are contesting their removals with Executive Office for Immigration Review," HSI Detroit said.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/ice-arrests-90-more-foreign-151045004.html

Gunny
11-27-2019, 06:11 PM
ONLY if the money spent is used on dummy schools and other similar activities used to reel in the illegals like little little minnows in a bait trap.

--

ICE arrests 90 more foreign students at fake university created by DHS in Michigan

DETROIT – About 90 additional foreign students at a fake university in metro Detroit created by the Department of Homeland Security have been arrested in recent months.

A total of about 250 students have now been arrested since January on immigration violations by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as part of a sting operation by federal agents who enticed foreign-born students, mostly from India, to attend the school that marketed itself as offering graduate programs in technology and computer studies, according to ICE officials.

Many of those arrested have been deported, while others are contesting their removals. One has been allowed to stay after being granted lawful permanent resident status by an immigration judge.

The students had arrived legally in the U.S. on student visas, but since the University of Farmington was later revealed to be a creation of federal agents, they lost their immigration status after it was shut down in January. The school was staffed with undercover agents posing as university officials.

Out of the approximately 250 students arrested on administrative charges, "nearly 80% were granted voluntary departure and departed the United States," the Detroit office of ICE's Homeland Security Investigations told the Free Press in a statement Tuesday.

Of the remaining 20%, about half have received a final order of removal; some were ordered removed by an immigration judge, and others "were given an expedited removal by U.S. Customs and Border Protection," HSI Detroit said.

The remaining 10% "have either filed for some sort of relief or are contesting their removals with Executive Office for Immigration Review," HSI Detroit said.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/ice-arrests-90-more-foreign-151045004.htmlOkay, I'm not getting this. DHS sets up a fake university, then students on student visas show up to attend it, and DHS says "Gotcha"?

Under that premise, what is the point to it? Invite them here just to bust them?

I'm more than okay with busting illegals, but luring them here to bust them seems a bit much. Or am I missing something?

jimnyc
11-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Okay, I'm not getting this. DHS sets up a fake university, then students on student visas show up to attend it, and DHS says "Gotcha"?

Under that premise, what is the point to it? Invite them here just to bust them?

I'm more than okay with busting illegals, but luring them here to bust them seems a bit much. Or am I missing something?

Nope, that about sums it up. And nope, IMO no way they get extended rights. I've seen MANY times where the police would setup, for example, giveaways for flat screen TV's. They show up at some conference room and all still looks ok - until they are lead to another room to get their goods, and they do - in the lines of bracelets instead though!

I have no issue myself with using any such tactics to bring in criminals, and just as much for illegals. They are breaking the law too... and we then have an opportunity to deport them and save a lot of $$ in the long run. But they need to enforce such deportations and stop letting them run free in sanctuary cities or wherever. And then they also have to stay on top and stop letting folks back into the country endless amounts of times.

Gunny
11-27-2019, 06:43 PM
Nope, that about sums it up. And nope, IMO no way they get extended rights. I've seen MANY times where the police would setup, for example, giveaways for flat screen TV's. They show up at some conference room and all still looks ok - until they are lead to another room to get their goods, and they do - in the lines of bracelets instead though!

I have no issue myself with using any such tactics to bring in criminals, and just as much for illegals. They are breaking the law too... and we then have an opportunity to deport them and save a lot of $$ in the long run. But they need to enforce such deportations and stop letting them run free in sanctuary cities or wherever. And then they also have to stay on top and stop letting folks back into the country endless amounts of times.I get a sting. I don't have an issue with it. Unless you're providing the people to be stung. That seems like a circle jerk.

What is unclear is: are these people here on student visas and NOT attending school? If DHS is providing a school for them that seems on the up and up. Student visa - enroll in school.

I can see busting them if they are here illegally, or not doing what the visa was issued for them to do. The OP isn't clear, or I missed it. I don't see where it is criminal to be in the US on a student visa and attending (or attempting to) a school.

jimnyc
11-27-2019, 06:58 PM
I get a sting. I don't have an issue with it. Unless you're providing the people to be stung. That seems like a circle jerk.

What is unclear is: are these people here on student visas and NOT attending school? If DHS is providing a school for them that seems on the up and up. Student visa - enroll in school.

I can see busting them if they are here illegally, or not doing what the visa was issued for them to do. The OP isn't clear, or I missed it. I don't see where it is criminal to be in the US on a student visa and attending (or attempting to) a school.

If they are here in a legit manner and on visas and what not, then I agree with you 100%...

From what I see, the school lost it's immigration status and therefore - even though they did come here legally, they lost their status. They aren't deporting everyone or anyone either it seems. Some are fighting it and may get to stay legally. And it says that 80% of them left on "voluntary departure". More to it than the first article. It sucks ass for anyone truly involved and in the clear, as now they gotta go back home and wasted their time. Anyway... and for clarity, I obviously have zero issue with anyone here legally, on a visa or whatever. And then - yet I see that recruiters have been arrested. So I need to find out a lot more about this story, but it's not about what I thought originally, which was nabbing illegals.

----

A total of about 250 students have now been arrested since January on immigration violations by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) as part of a sting operation by federal agents who enticed foreign-born students, mostly from India, to attend the school that marketed itself as offering graduate programs in technology and computer studies, according to ICE officials.

Many of those arrested have been deported to India while others are contesting their removals. One has been allowed to stay after being granted lawful permanent resident status by an immigration judge.

Out of the approximately 250 students arrested on administrative charges, "nearly 80% were granted voluntary departure and departed the United States," the Detroit office of ICE's Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) told the Free Press in a statement Tuesday.

Out of the remaining 20%, about half of them have received a final order of removal; some of them were ordered removed by an immigration judge, and others "were given an expedited removal by U.S. Customs and Border Protection," said HSI Detroit.

The remaining 10% "have either filed for some sort of relief or are contesting their removals with Executive Office for Immigration Review," said HSI Detroit.

ICE said in March that 161 students had been arrested, which has now increased to about 250.

Meanwhile, seven of the eight recruiters who were criminally charged for trying to recruit students have pleaded guilty and have been sentenced in Detroit, including Prem Rampeesa, 27, last week. The remaining one is to be sentenced in January.

Attorneys for the students arrested said they were unfairly trapped by the U.S. government since the Department of Homeland Security had said on its website that the university was legitimate. An accreditation agency that was working with the U.S. on its sting operation also listed the university as legitimate.

Rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ice-arrests-90-more-foreign-students-at-fake-university-created-by-dhs-in-michigan/ar-BBXq5db?li=BBnbcA1&srcref=rss

Gunny
11-27-2019, 07:09 PM
If they are here in a legit manner and on visas and what not, then I agree with you 100%...

From what I see, the school lost it's immigration status and therefore - even though they did come here legally, they lost their status. They aren't deporting everyone or anyone either it seems. Some are fighting it and may get to stay legally. And it says that 80% of them left on "voluntary departure". More to it than the first article. It sucks ass for anyone truly involved and in the clear, as now they gotta go back home and wasted their time. Anyway... and for clarity, I obviously have zero issue with anyone here legally, on a visa or whatever. And then - yet I see that recruiters have been arrested. So I need to find out a lot more about this story, but it's not about what I thought originally, which was nabbing illegals.

----

A total of about 250 students have now been arrested since January on immigration violations by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) as part of a sting operation by federal agents who enticed foreign-born students, mostly from India, to attend the school that marketed itself as offering graduate programs in technology and computer studies, according to ICE officials.

Many of those arrested have been deported to India while others are contesting their removals. One has been allowed to stay after being granted lawful permanent resident status by an immigration judge.

Out of the approximately 250 students arrested on administrative charges, "nearly 80% were granted voluntary departure and departed the United States," the Detroit office of ICE's Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) told the Free Press in a statement Tuesday.

Out of the remaining 20%, about half of them have received a final order of removal; some of them were ordered removed by an immigration judge, and others "were given an expedited removal by U.S. Customs and Border Protection," said HSI Detroit.

The remaining 10% "have either filed for some sort of relief or are contesting their removals with Executive Office for Immigration Review," said HSI Detroit.

ICE said in March that 161 students had been arrested, which has now increased to about 250.

Meanwhile, seven of the eight recruiters who were criminally charged for trying to recruit students have pleaded guilty and have been sentenced in Detroit, including Prem Rampeesa, 27, last week. The remaining one is to be sentenced in January.

Attorneys for the students arrested said they were unfairly trapped by the U.S. government since the Department of Homeland Security had said on its website that the university was legitimate. An accreditation agency that was working with the U.S. on its sting operation also listed the university as legitimate.

Rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ice-arrests-90-more-foreign-students-at-fake-university-created-by-dhs-in-michigan/ar-BBXq5db?li=BBnbcA1&srcref=rssWhere I am confused is the school itself. It says it lost its status. However, if it always was a DHS fabrication, then it never really had any status.

This where I am going: DHS fabrication or no, if students entered the US on student visas for the purpose of attending school in good faith, that is not a crime regardless WHAT they inadvertently walk into.

SO, as you said, there has to be more to this. I can't see DHS importing legal immigrants on legal visas only to pull the rug out from under them just so they can deport them. That doesn't make sense. Especially when we have no shortage of illegals already here that need to be attended to.

jimnyc
11-27-2019, 07:41 PM
Where I am confused is the school itself. It says it lost its status. However, if it always was a DHS fabrication, then it never really had any status.

This where I am going: DHS fabrication or no, if students entered the US on student visas for the purpose of attending school in good faith, that is not a crime regardless WHAT they inadvertently walk into.

SO, as you said, there has to be more to this. I can't see DHS importing legal immigrants on legal visas only to pull the rug out from under them just so they can deport them. That doesn't make sense. Especially when we have no shortage of illegals already here that need to be attended to.

Yup, hence them letting them go home voluntarily, no crimes technically, just that thanks to the DHS, they are now officially in the country illegally due to no fault of their own. Now this sucks for them as they gotta go back home and were reeled in for no reason. Anyone being sent home - everything and then some in their travels should get 100% covered by DHS, any funding to the school refunded in it's entirety.

I really don't see the point of all of this. Something is missing and there is more to it - being hidden by the DHS or some sort of fuck up that is now being covered for.

I still think it's a fantastic idea if it were perhaps being offered to illegals we know are on our soil, and then reel them in, don't even bother with the pliers and just rip out the hooks through their cheeks. Bash them with a hammer until they stop flopping around. :)

Gunny
11-27-2019, 07:52 PM
Yup, hence them letting them go home voluntarily, no crimes technically, just that thanks to the DHS, they are now officially in the country illegally due to no fault of their own. Now this sucks for them as they gotta go back home and were reeled in for no reason. Anyone being sent home - everything and then some in their travels should get 100% covered by DHS, any funding to the school refunded in it's entirety.

I really don't see the point of all of this. Something is missing and there is more to it - being hidden by the DHS or some sort of fuck up that is now being covered for.

I still think it's a fantastic idea if it were perhaps being offered to illegals we know are on our soil, and then reel them in, don't even bother with the pliers and just rip out the hooks through their cheeks. Bash them with a hammer until they stop flopping around. :)I have ZERO problem with deporting illegals. I have no problem with withholding any and all Federal funding for "sanctuary cities". WTF? I'm declaring my house a sanctuary house and no authorities can come on the property :rolleyes: Got no problem with throwing the criminals in jail BEFORE deportation.

I have ZERO problem with deploying the US military along the Southern border to keep invaders out. So it isn't like I lie illegals :)

This just sounds hinky. If THAT is someone's example of a cover up, they suck :laugh: