PDA

View Full Version : Liberals Blame Fake ICE University Program on Trump

jimnyc
11-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Gunny and I briefly discussed this yesterday. I had originally thought they rightfully targeted folks in our country illegally. Turns out, they were here legally on visas, and turned 'illegal' when the school's status ran out. The school is a fake no less.

And now it seems it was started by Obama, but of course the blame for anything goes to Trump.

--

Liberals Blame Fake ICE University Program on Trump. Barack Obama Started It in 2015.

A story about Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) using a fake university to string immigrants up on fraud charges is currently making the rounds on social media. Many people sharing the story are attributing ICE’s controversial actions to the immigration agenda of President Donald Trump. The fake university, however, was actually a program started by then-president Barack Obama in 2015.

According to the Detroit Free Press, some 250 students have been arrested by ICE on immigration violations since January. Additionally, eight recruiters who worked for the fake university have been criminally charged–seven of whom have been forced to plead guilty.

An ICE spokesperson told the outlet that “nearly 80% [of students] were granted voluntary departure and departed the United States,” with the remaining students subject to removal orders, including “expedited removal by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.”

About half of those students “have either filed for some sort of relief or are contesting their removals with Executive Office for Immigration Review,” ICE Homeland Security Investigations officials said.

The shocking program known as “Operation Paper Chase” has been criticized as an obvious case of entrapment by critics–including an attorney for one of the accused. But confusion or misrepresentations about the fake university program are currently running apace online.

Rest - https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/liberals-blame-fake-ice-university-program-on-trump-barack-obama-started-it-in-2015/

Gunny
11-28-2019, 03:06 PM
Except for the fact the left is blaming Trump for Obama's doings, it doesn't matter who did it. Something is definitely jacked up about this and I can't imagine it played out as originally designed. It's straight-up entrapment and I can't see even Obama being THAT stupid.

I'm trying to figure out how it could be justified and I'm drawing blanks. It looks like a FAIL from GO as a plan.

Gunny
12-01-2019, 02:06 PM
A recent undercover sting operation at a ‘fake university’ by the DHS has led to criticism of President Trump. However, as One America’s Tali Letoi explains, the operation was actually the doing of his predecessor, former President Barack Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy-OIC180RY&feature=emb_logo

Just more of the left getting caught rushing to judgement before they have the facts.

STTAB
12-02-2019, 12:50 PM
How the hell can the government set up a fake university and then punish people people who try to use that university?

Also, what's the damn point of enticing people into the country only to eject them from the country?

And myself, I believe we should do away with student visas altogether, but this is ridiculous.

Gunny
12-02-2019, 07:25 PM
How the hell can the government set up a fake university and then punish people people who try to use that university?

Also, what's the damn point of enticing people into the country only to eject them from the country?

And myself, I believe we should do away with student visas altogether, but this is ridiculous.Yeah. Some middle-level fall guys are going down for this colossal screw-up.

I complete agree with your assessment.