PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani Out Soon as Trump's Lawyer, Gowdy Rises

jimnyc
11-30-2019, 12:24 PM
I can't wait! And not because I have any issue at all with Rudy, I just personally think that Gowdy is much better and will eat them alive. I hope he's been prepping this whole time! And yeah, even if Rudy is innocent, yet another investigation by the left won't help them either. :rolleyes:

And I DO hope this happens and it's not just talk, I truly think it would be best.

--

Giuliani Out Soon as Trump's Lawyer, Gowdy Rises

Speculation mushroomed at the White House on Thursday afternoon that Rudy Giuliani would soon be out as President Donald Trump's personal attorney, following reports he pursued more than $200,000 in business from the Ukraine government while searching for embarrassing information about the president's political opponents.

Should Giuliani leave the Trump legal team, several sources told Newsmax, he was likely to be replaced by former Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. — someone President Trump wanted very much to hire in October until discovering Gowdy would have to wait until January to become his lawyer because of federal lobbying rules.

In response to a question from Newsmax on Oct. 10 about Gowdy becoming his chief attorney, Trump replied before boarding the Marine One helicopter the former congressman has "a problem . . . he can't start for another couple of months because of lobbying rules and regulations."

He offered no details, however, and simply told us "you'll have to ask about that."

There has been virtually no discussion from the White House since then about Gowdy, best known as chairman of the House panel that investigated the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya in 2012.

Several obervers of the Trump legal operation concluded Gowdy was "out of the picture" as far as being the president's top legal adviser. Now, speculation about him is back.

Newsmax tried to reach Gowdy at his South Carolina law office, but he did not return our calls at presstime.

https://www.newsmax.com/john-gizzi/rudy-giuliani-trey-gowdy-presidential-attorney/2019/11/28/id/943804/

LongTermGuy
11-30-2019, 02:00 PM
Agree Jimmy!

Gunny
11-30-2019, 11:50 PM
I can't wait! And not because I have any issue at all with Rudy, I just personally think that Gowdy is much better and will eat them alive. I hope he's been prepping this whole time! And yeah, even if Rudy is innocent, yet another investigation by the left won't help them either. :rolleyes:

And I DO hope this happens and it's not just talk, I truly think it would be best.

--

Giuliani Out Soon as Trump's Lawyer, Gowdy Rises

Speculation mushroomed at the White House on Thursday afternoon that Rudy Giuliani would soon be out as President Donald Trump's personal attorney, following reports he pursued more than $200,000 in business from the Ukraine government while searching for embarrassing information about the president's political opponents.

Should Giuliani leave the Trump legal team, several sources told Newsmax, he was likely to be replaced by former Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C. — someone President Trump wanted very much to hire in October until discovering Gowdy would have to wait until January to become his lawyer because of federal lobbying rules.

In response to a question from Newsmax on Oct. 10 about Gowdy becoming his chief attorney, Trump replied before boarding the Marine One helicopter the former congressman has "a problem . . . he can't start for another couple of months because of lobbying rules and regulations."

He offered no details, however, and simply told us "you'll have to ask about that."

There has been virtually no discussion from the White House since then about Gowdy, best known as chairman of the House panel that investigated the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya in 2012.

Several obervers of the Trump legal operation concluded Gowdy was "out of the picture" as far as being the president's top legal adviser. Now, speculation about him is back.

Newsmax tried to reach Gowdy at his South Carolina law office, but he did not return our calls at presstime.

https://www.newsmax.com/john-gizzi/rudy-giuliani-trey-gowdy-presidential-attorney/2019/11/28/id/943804/

Well, now we know what position Trey is going to play for Trump. For now anyway. Quite the transient position :)

LongTermGuy
12-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Well, now we know what position Trey is going to play for Trump. For now anyway. Quite the transient position :)

I like them both...but "Trey"....would seem better in that position...More of a killer instinct IMO...which is most definitely need now days...when dealing with leftist scum.

jimnyc
12-03-2019, 01:22 PM
What a bummer. I still love this guy and still wish he could move in and eat least destroy the Dems one last time!

--

Trey Gowdy: Too Late to Replace Giuliani as Trump's Lawyer

Former Rep. Trey Gowdy Monday said it's too late for him to replace Rudy Giuliani as President Donald Trump's attorney, particularly when it comes to representing him during impeachment proceedings.

"I will have needed to start a long time ago," Gowdy, now a contributor for Fox News, commented to network anchor Martha McCallum. "There are depositions to read and evidence to consider, witnesses to examine."

He added that Trump's attorneys, "two really good lawyers" Pat Cipollone and Jay Sekulow" have not been allowed to participate in the impeachment inquiry proceedings.

"I was an average lawyer, but I did it for a long time, and I need to participate to be able to effectively represent someone," said Gowdy. "You can't do it starting on January 1 going into a trial on January 4. You just can't do it."

Gowdy Monday also said he thinks the impeachment effort is not about removing Trump from office, but about shifting control of the Senate away from Republicans and to the Democrats.

"This is not about removing Donald Trump from office because they know they will not be successful," said Gowdy. "If they can win the Senate, even if they lose the White House in 2020, he is a neutered president. "I've always felt this is much more about the senate than it is removing someone from office because they will not get a conviction in the Senate trial."

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/gowdy-trump-lawyer-impeachment/2019/12/02/id/944180/