PDA

View Full Version : Down the drain rudy: Illegal immigration not a crime

Yurt
09-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Uh uh.....

Rudy: Illegal immigration not a crime

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani said illegal immigration is not a crime, prompting rival Mitt Romney to accuse him of not taking the problem seriously.

It's not a crime," Giuliani said Friday. "I know that's very hard for people to understand, but it's not a federal crime."

when fools speak (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070907/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_immigration)

something "illegal" is not a "crime"

jimnyc
09-07-2007, 07:20 PM
As much as I admire the man for the effort he lead in NYC after 9/11, his comments to CNN have left my head shaking. While he may be technically correct in certain aspects, my opinion is that looking at the what the illegals do as anything less than a crime is why it's a problem right now.

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani said illegal immigration is not a crime, prompting rival Mitt Romney to accuse him of not taking the problem seriously.

The two have clashed for weeks over illegal immigration, an issue that inflames GOP conservatives who influence primary elections. The irony is that both candidates have in the past taken more liberal stands on the issue.

"It's not a crime," Giuliani said Friday. "I know that's very hard for people to understand, but it's not a federal crime."

Giuliani's comments came in an interview with CNN Headline News and radio talk-show host Glenn Beck.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070907/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_immigration

jimnyc
09-07-2007, 07:21 PM
LOL - we must share brains, I just posted the same thing with my comments in the political discussion forum!

I don't want to step on your toes, so I'll let Darin decide which way to merge them! :)

Yurt
09-07-2007, 07:31 PM
LOL - we must share brains, I just posted the same thing with my comments in the political discussion forum!

I don't want to step on your toes, so I'll let Darin decide which way to merge them! :)

I posted mine one minute before you :dev3:

Gunny
09-07-2007, 07:38 PM
As much as I admire the man for the effort he lead in NYC after 9/11, his comments to CNN have left my head shaking. While he may be technically correct in certain aspects, my opinion is that looking at the what the illegals do as anything less than a crime is why it's a problem right now.

The two have clashed for weeks over illegal immigration, an issue that inflames GOP conservatives who influence primary elections. The irony is that both candidates have in the past taken more liberal stands on the issue.

"It's not a crime," Giuliani said Friday. "I know that's very hard for people to understand, but it's not a federal crime."

Giuliani's comments came in an interview with CNN Headline News and radio talk-show host Glenn Beck.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070907/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_immigration

Anyone else want to come forth and defend this lib in Republican suit?

Gunny
09-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I posted mine one minute before you :dev3:

Hey Yurt, you on meth or planning to change your name to NM? :poke:

jimnyc
09-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Anyone else want to come forth and defend this lib in Republican suit?

Honestly, my first choice was Rudy, but I also had a soft spot for Thompson. Admittedly, I didn't know a "ton" about Fred so I wanted to learn more before I weighed in. Not to mention it wasn't 100% certain he was going to run.

The illegal immigration problem is HUGE to me, and my weight just shifted 100% in Thompson's direction. I'm liking him more and more everyday. Whether he gets the nod or not is another question, but I think he would be a great choice.

Gunny
09-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Honestly, my first choice was Rudy, but I also had a soft spot for Thompson. Admittedly, I didn't know a "ton" about Fred so I wanted to learn more before I weighed in. Not to mention it wasn't 100% certain he was going to run.

The illegal immigration problem is HUGE to me, and my weight just shifted 100% in Thompson's direction. I'm liking him more and more everyday. Whether he gets the nod or not is another question, but I think he would be a great choice.

I've been sitting here waiting on Thompson to announce. He always had my vote. He's an actual conservative.

I'll give Guilliani that he handled 9/11, NYC and the aftermath in an admirable manner. He's STILL a social liberal and anti-handgun.

Gunny
09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Where'd you go, dude?:D

Abbey Marie
09-07-2007, 07:51 PM

Well, I merged them already. Yurt's was posted 1 minute earlier than yours, and was in the Election section. So, them's the breaks, Jim!

Abbey Marie
09-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: the thread content.

Rudy, you messed up.

actsnoblemartin
09-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I cant believe rudi is that stupid. illegal is not a crime, lol.

I want tancredo, he is my hero :)

5stringJeff
09-07-2007, 09:42 PM
WTF?!? That's it, Rudi's got zero chance with the GOP base. I'll vote for McCain first.

09-07-2007, 10:15 PM
i like Rudy as a person and a leader, but i wont vote to give him the nomination. The statements today just solidified it.