PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana Legal and Minimum Wage Up in Illinois in 2020

Hot Dogger
12-18-2019, 09:31 AM
The next step is to stop it from being taxed because all taxation is theft. Why was Old King Cole a merry old soul? Because he called for his pipe AND he called for his bowl. See? He had tobacco and weed. People have been enjoying weed since ancient times, our founding fathers smoked weed, they also probably did coke. I believe that our entire civilization evolved because of the use of intoxicants, it's what brought us out of the caves into the light of day, it made us codependant thus providing an impetus for religion and industry.

Furthermore, the minimum wage goes up to $9.25 in Illinois in 2020, allowing more folks to buy weed. Then a .75 raise to $10 on July 1. Then annual $1 an hour raises each New Year’s Day until the minimum wage is $15 in 2025. Chicago’s minimum wage is now $13, which will increase to $14 on July 1, then to $15 on July 1, 2021. Folks will be able to afford plenty of weed thanks to the gubmint.

Illinois is already broke and with all the new weed and income tax, they'll be in more debt than ever. Fiscal bankruptcy is always preceded by moral bankruptcy.

Hot Dogger
12-21-2019, 03:06 AM
I just got my temporary medical weedpot card and will be going to the medical weedpot dispensary tomorrow and picking up some durban poison and medical weedpot cartridges. I sent everything electronically and within an hour I had my temporary medical weedpot card to print out.

jimnyc
12-21-2019, 11:32 AM
I just got my temporary medical weedpot card and will be going to the medical weedpot dispensary tomorrow and picking up some durban poison and medical weedpot cartridges. I sent everything electronically and within an hour I had my temporary medical weedpot card to print out.

Care to send me a "care package" of some goodies for me? :coffee:

Hot Dogger
12-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Care to send me a "care package" of some goodies for me? :coffee:

I really would if I could. New York has medical, so it should be fairly easy. If you have VA care or (I think) Tricare you can get your medical records online through the DS Logon system (you can also share them electronically with other providers). Look for a record of a qualifying condition and take it to a certified weed provider; although it seems NY may be tricky, it seems you have to be referred to a state approved weed provider, referred by your regular provider if they're not a weed provider, I'm unsure. New York is also different than Illinois in that NY has a list of approved weed providers, while Illinois doesn't; but in Illinois you can simply go to any doctor who wants to dispense weed, there's a clinic near the dispensary I'm going to that does that, it costs like $300-400.

Illinois also has for veterans, we send a DD214 and VA records showing a qualifying condition, there's no need to see a doctor and get a certification, plus the fee is half. I did everything electronically last night and 12 hours later, I'm heading out to the dispensary an hour from here with my provisional (temporary) certificate. It cost $125 for three years and I'll save much more than that in taxes, medical isn't taxed like recreational. New York doesn't appear to have any special consideration for vets or a provisional certificate.

jimnyc
12-21-2019, 12:24 PM
I really would if I could. New York has medical, so it should be fairly easy. If you have VA care or (I think) Tricare you can get your medical records online through the DS Logon system (you can also share them electronically with other providers). Look for a record of a qualifying condition and take it to a certified weed provider; although it seems NY may be tricky, it seems you have to be referred to a state approved weed provider, referred by your regular provider if they're not a weed provider, I'm unsure. New York is also different than Illinois in that NY has a list of approved weed providers, while Illinois doesn't; but in Illinois you can simply go to any doctor who wants to dispense weed, there's a clinic near the dispensary I'm going to that does that, it costs like $300-400.

Illinois also has for veterans, we send a DD214 and VA records showing a qualifying condition, there's no need to see a doctor and get a certification, plus the fee is half. I did everything electronically last night and 12 hours later, I'm heading out to the dispensary an hour from here with my provisional (temporary) certificate. It cost $125 for three years and I'll save much more than that in taxes, medical isn't taxed like recreational. New York doesn't appear to have any special consideration for vets or a provisional certificate.

I was only kidding. :)

I think NY has medical but the only things you can get are vapor, or balms and other things. And you have to be dying. I don't qualify in anyway possible. I'm not a vet myself.

I'll survive without. I think. :thumb:

Gunny
12-21-2019, 02:08 PM
The next step is to stop it from being taxed because all taxation is theft. Why was Old King Cole a merry old soul? Because he called for his pipe AND he called for his bowl. See? He had tobacco and weed. People have been enjoying weed since ancient times, our founding fathers smoked weed, they also probably did coke. I believe that our entire civilization evolved because of the use of intoxicants, it's what brought us out of the caves into the light of day, it made us codependant thus providing an impetus for religion and industry.

Furthermore, the minimum wage goes up to $9.25 in Illinois in 2020, allowing more folks to buy weed. Then a .75 raise to $10 on July 1. Then annual $1 an hour raises each New Year’s Day until the minimum wage is $15 in 2025. Chicago’s minimum wage is now $13, which will increase to $14 on July 1, then to $15 on July 1, 2021. Folks will be able to afford plenty of weed thanks to the gubmint.

Illinois is already broke and with all the new weed and income tax, they'll be in more debt than ever. Fiscal bankruptcy is always preceded by moral bankruptcy.I never knew what minimum wage in IL was but I WILL say this: $9.25 in Peoria will probably get you about 10-12 days through the month. At best.

Too bad too. Central IL is one of the nicest places I've lived. I just couldn't afford to stay on a single income. If they'd get rid of Chicago it'd sure smell better.

FakeNewsSux
12-22-2019, 09:42 PM
"...You take some urban noise with some Durban poison, it's gonna lessen your load." Steve Marriott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdXjm8pZMws