PDA

View Full Version : House Democrats Ordered Not to Gloat During Impeachment Vote

jimnyc
12-18-2019, 02:10 PM
Gloat over what? A sham in the house that everyone knows will be DOA in the senate? The dems and their supporters will celebrate today, weirdly. But for any dumbasses that actually think this is an accomplishment that is going somewhere, is in for a rude awakening.

I talked to a guy today who works near me. He's 19 and not really knowledgeable about political stuff. But he's swearing that Trump is about to no longer be president today. Huh? He thinks after this vote that he is out. I explained the best I could and now he is convinced that he is gone in a few months when the senate then votes him out. And all the evidence? He knows NONE but swears THEY have it as he's watched it on the news "with his own eyes and ears". :rolleyes:

--

House Democrats Ordered Not to Gloat During Impeachment Vote, 'Don't Cheer, Keep It Solemn'

Desperate to give the false impression that impeachment isn't what Democrats have always wanted since the moment Trump was elected, House Democrats have received strict orders on how to handle themselves as the impeachment vote proceeds. Axios reports that "House Democratic leaders told caucus members not to cheer or applaud when today's impeachment vote totals are announced." One Democrat from a Trump district reported they were told, "Don’t cheer, keep it solemn."

And that is exactly how the Democrats' public relations team at CNN described the events on Capitol Hill Wednesday. For starters, Nancy Pelosi is wearing black.

Note: @SpeakerPelosi is wearing black. One of her colleagues told me several of the female Democrats did that intentionally to signal it is a somber day #impeachment

— Dana Bash (@DanaBashCNN) December 18, 2019

"You can feel it in the air here. It feels different," @DanaBashCNN says. "It is palpable – that this is momentous. That this is grave. And it is... not something this speaker wanted to do..."

— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) December 18, 2019

CNN's Manu Raju didn't get the memo that they were supposed to be reporting on how solemn Democrats are on the Hill... not the reason why. "Pelosi and her staff have instructed her caucus to show unity and not to gloat at all during the proceedings, per multiple sources," Raju tweeted. "She wants the public to see Democrats as taking this moment seriously and not be seen as cheering the President’s impeachment, members say."

Pelosi and her staff have instructed her caucus to show unity and not to gloat at all during the proceedings, per multiple sources. She wants the public to see Democrats as taking this moment seriously and not be seen as cheering the President’s impeachment, members say

— Manu Raju (@mkraju) December 18, 2019

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/house-democrats-ordered-not-to-gloat-during-impeachment-vote-dont-cheer-keep-it-solemn/

CSM
12-18-2019, 02:14 PM
It's all part of the theater... Dems want to portray a clown car as a hearse....

Gunny
12-18-2019, 07:55 PM
Gloat over what? A sham in the house that everyone knows will be DOA in the senate? The dems and their supporters will celebrate today, weirdly. But for any dumbasses that actually think this is an accomplishment that is going somewhere, is in for a rude awakening.

I talked to a guy today who works near me. He's 19 and not really knowledgeable about political stuff. But he's swearing that Trump is about to no longer be president today. Huh? He thinks after this vote that he is out. I explained the best I could and now he is convinced that he is gone in a few months when the senate then votes him out. And all the evidence? He knows NONE but swears THEY have it as he's watched it on the news "with his own eyes and ears". :rolleyes:

--

House Democrats Ordered Not to Gloat During Impeachment Vote, 'Don't Cheer, Keep It Solemn'

Desperate to give the false impression that impeachment isn't what Democrats have always wanted since the moment Trump was elected, House Democrats have received strict orders on how to handle themselves as the impeachment vote proceeds. Axios reports that "House Democratic leaders told caucus members not to cheer or applaud when today's impeachment vote totals are announced." One Democrat from a Trump district reported they were told, "Don’t cheer, keep it solemn."

And that is exactly how the Democrats' public relations team at CNN described the events on Capitol Hill Wednesday. For starters, Nancy Pelosi is wearing black.

CNN's Manu Raju didn't get the memo that they were supposed to be reporting on how solemn Democrats are on the Hill... not the reason why. "Pelosi and her staff have instructed her caucus to show unity and not to gloat at all during the proceedings, per multiple sources," Raju tweeted. "She wants the public to see Democrats as taking this moment seriously and not be seen as cheering the President’s impeachment, members say."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/house-democrats-ordered-not-to-gloat-during-impeachment-vote-dont-cheer-keep-it-solemn/First and foremost -- regardless the specifics -- representatives to and for the US Government should not have to be told not to "gloat" {insert your unprofessional bad manners here). If they have so little sense of decorum and the manners of braying jackasses then perhaps they should be empoyed where they will feel more at home. In a barn,