PDA

View Full Version : Do you think something big will happen this week?

09-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Im thinking terror attack or something. Not sure exactly. Or maybe a huge terror ring bust.

All I know is I get the feeling something big will happen this week.

retiredman
09-08-2007, 07:32 AM
if it is a huge terror ring bust, I would expect it to be stage managed as to the timing of it.

if it is another major terror attack by Al Qaeda, it should cause people to reflect on the wisdom of starting a war in Iraq that has wasted five years, half a trillion dollars, and 31K dead and wounded Americans on the premise that if we fight "them" over there, then we won't have to fight "them" here.

jimnyc
09-08-2007, 07:35 AM
if it is a huge terror ring bust, I would expect it to be stage managed as to the timing of it.

That's sad that you think that way. Do you think they'll just take innocent people and charge them as terrorists, just for the timing of it?

There have been plenty of other large terror busts since 9/11, do you think any others were staged?

retiredman
09-08-2007, 07:52 AM
you misunderstand. I never suggested that any innocent people would be charged with anything just for political theatrics.

I do suggest that, if there is a major terror ring about to be busted, that the administration might chose 9/11/07 as a great day to pull it off.

and do I think that other terror events have been "staged"? Most definitely. I am not sure if any of the arrests have been staged, but clearly, Chertoff's announcements of impending doom, mysterious changes to the alert colors, et. al. have, in my opinion, been undertaken with a eye toward what such announcements and changes would do to public opinion of the Bush administration and their actions and abilities to keep us safe.

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 08:08 AM

bullypulpit
09-08-2007, 08:23 AM
That's sad that you think that way. Do you think they'll just take innocent people and charge them as terrorists, just for the timing of it?

There have been plenty of other large terror busts since 9/11, do you think any others were staged?

Innocent people, no. Remember the bust of the folks in England who were suppossedly going to use liquids to make explosives on trans-Atlantic flights?
Remember how the British complained about administration pressure to rush the the arrests? Of course you don't.

jimnyc
09-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Innocent people, no. Remember the bust of the folks in England who were suppossedly going to use liquids to make explosives on trans-Atlantic flights?
Remember how the British complained about administration pressure to rush the the arrests? Of course you don't.

Imagine that, ind this day and age of terrorism, someone wanted to "rush" to arrest people suspected of terrorist activity.

I'll take 10 rushed arrests to prevent just one attack 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

PostmodernProphet
09-08-2007, 02:37 PM
yes, I think one of my accounts receivable is going to pay his bill.....

JohnDoe
09-08-2007, 03:04 PM
No, I don't think they are "in" to repeating dates for their attacks and...

they would know that our security would be higher during the 9/11 period.

April15
09-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Maybe Bush will choke on a ham sandwich! Other than that nada, zip, zilch. Well the sun should come up and the world should keep spinning.

manu1959
09-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Maybe Bush will choke on a ham sandwich! Other than that nada, zip, zilch. Well the sun should come up and the world should keep spinning.

nice.....hoping the presideint of the US dies.....nice....

April15
09-08-2007, 04:42 PM
nice.....hoping the presideint of the US dies.....nice....I keep hoping!

manu1959
09-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I keep hoping!

cheney fan huh.....

April15
09-08-2007, 04:45 PM
cheney fan huh.....Not really but I think he is a better man than bush! He impressed me when he told a reporter he would not answer a question about his daughter. I liked that.