PDA

View Full Version : I sure hope this was re-gifted to me

jimnyc
12-24-2019, 08:43 AM
So I have a friend, that is really more an acquaintance. A decent guy that works at the local gas station. I give him movies and software and he gives me discounts. :) He doesn't have a car so I often give him short rides around town.

He gave me a gift for Christmas and said don't open til Christmas. It's just a large bag with soft paper covering. We celebrate on Christmas Eve, so well, I opened it as I need the bag to use for another gift! LOL

There was a damn leather jacket in there!! Not the most expensive brand in the world but a leather jacket nonetheless, and yes, it's real. But WHY? I didn't get him anything. Like I said, a friend, but at a store I go to. We never ever hang out unless you consider a 3 minute ride to his house hanging out. And I suppose it could be a thanks of sorts, but dang.

So now what do I do? Am I now obligated to get him something in return?

It's just a tad large on me according to my wife, but I wear everything large as I prefer looser fitting clothing. Sweet!

Kathianne
12-24-2019, 08:50 AM
So I have a friend, that is really more an acquaintance. A decent guy that works at the local gas station. I give him movies and software and he gives me discounts. :) He doesn't have a car so I often give him short rides around town.

He gave me a gift for Christmas and said don't open til Christmas. It's just a large bag with soft paper covering. We celebrate on Christmas Eve, so well, I opened it as I need the bag to use for another gift! LOL

There was a damn leather jacket in there!! Not the most expensive brand in the world but a leather jacket nonetheless, and yes, it's real. But WHY? I didn't get him anything. Like I said, a friend, but at a store I go to. We never ever hang out unless you consider a 3 minute ride to his house hanging out. And I suppose it could be a thanks of sorts, but dang.

It's just a tad large on me according to my wife, but I wear everything large as I prefer looser fitting clothing. Sweet!

An instant pot! :laugh2: He’ll love it and will drive Gunny nuts!

Abbey Marie
12-24-2019, 11:49 AM
That does seem like a re-gift, but you can’t assume that. You are in a sticky position. It’s too late to do anything about it now. Sorry!

Gunny
12-24-2019, 10:03 PM

It's just a tad large on me according to my wife, but I wear everything large as I prefer looser fitting clothing. Sweet!Funny what some people can think while you're thinking nothing. You might be the closest thing he has to a friend.

PostmodernProphet
12-26-2019, 10:24 PM
he probably figures its a lot cheaper to give you a leather coat than to buy a car and have to drive himself around.......