PDA

View Full Version : NATO’s Training Mission Against ISIS Suspended In Iraq

Gunny
01-04-2020, 08:40 PM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 1:05 PM PT — Saturday, January 4, 2020NATO has suspended its training mission in Iraq following a U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian General Qasem Soleimani. On Saturday, officials said the training mission, which was aimed at teaching Iraqi forces how to prevent the Islamic State from regaining strength, has been temporarily halted.
NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has reportedly been keeping in touch with Defense Secretary Mark Esper on the latest developments in the region.
This came after Iran pledged revenge against the U.S. following the assassination of Soleimani. Thousands attended his funeral in Karbala, Iraq on Saturday. Protesters have also taken to the streets of Tehran to condemn the Pentagon’s assassination of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard general.

The Iranian Ambassador to the UN condemned the airstrike on Friday, saying that it was “an act of war, on the part of the United States, against the Iranian people.”
“Last night, they opened a new chapter (in their) attack against the Iranians by assassinating one of our most beloved generals,” stated Majid Takht-Ravanchi. “I do not believe the U.S. took an action to stop a war because the plan for the assassination of General Soleimani was in the making for quite some time.”

https://www.oann.com/natos-training-mission-against-isis-suspended-in-iraq/

The Useless N goes on record once again displaying its yellow stripe. I'm sure they were teaching the Iraqi's a lot. They've been so self-sufficient against ISIS :rolleyes:

Is it callous of me to not give a damn what the apologistas of the World think?

Drummond
01-04-2020, 09:16 PM
https://www.oann.com/natos-training-mission-against-isis-suspended-in-iraq/

The Useless N goes on record once again displaying its yellow stripe. I'm sure they were teaching the Iraqi's a lot. They've been so self-sufficient against ISIS :rolleyes:

Is it callous of me to not give a damn what the apologistas of the World think?[/FONT][/COLOR]

It's highly understandable.

Still, looking at this from a wider context, there is (as ever) one hell of a propaganda war going on, one designed to sap resolve to do anything decisive. I know from my side of the Pond that our Left wing will very happily push the Leftist's Emily Thornberry 'fear of warmongering and its consequences' line just as hard as possible in the media. One-sided reporting from the BBC is bog-standard in these situations.

These days, Tony Blair is a pariah-figure in British politics, because he's seen as rushing to war over Iraq in 2003, on a tide of 'lies' about Saddam's military capabilities. Our Left can feed on that mood, even now, and put a fear in peoples' minds of military pro-activeness.

I don't know if America saw any equivalent public rejection of GW Bush on similar lines. If you did .. well, need I state the obvious ?

Gunny
01-04-2020, 09:37 PM
It's highly understandable.

Still, looking at this from a wider context, there is (as ever) one hell of a propaganda war going on, one designed to sap resolve to do anything decisive. I know from my side of the Pond that our Left wing will very happily push the Leftist's Emily Thornberry 'fear of warmongering and its consequences' line just as hard as possible in the media. One-sided reporting from the BBC is bog-standard in these situations.

These days, Tony Blair is a pariah-figure in British politics, because he's seen as rushing to war over Iraq in 2003, on a tide of 'lies' about Saddam's military capabilities. Our Left can feed on that mood, even now, and put a fear in peoples' minds of military pro-activeness.

I don't know if America saw any equivalent public rejection of GW Bush on similar lines. If you did .. well, need I state the obvious ?The only reason we aren't STILL hearing about "Bush lied" is because Trump was elected. It was neverending while GWB was in office.

Not to go off down memory lane, but WE provided Saddam with his chemicals during the Iran-Iraq War so we damned-well knew they were there. This information was once available to all on the internet. It has since "disappeared" :rolleyes:

At the same time, invading Iraq and deposing Saddam was a mistake we are STILL paying for now. ISIS. Iranian proxies in Iraq. A power vaccum in Iraq between the shia and sunni and their proxies. Leaving Saddam alone after we de-fanged him would have been the wiser choice.

The situation with Iran is nowhere near the same. Iran is a genocidal regime Hell bent on carrying out its plans no matter what. They have to be stopped or they won't quit. And the idea of a nation of religious zealots willing to die to murder us having nukes is WAY scarier than the Cold War where at least both sides valued their own hides.

If the President is going to kick it in gear and go after these murderous scumbags the right way and take them out, I'll dust off my uniform if need be. I was done talking and ready to lay down some smack in 1980. Haven't changed my mind much since then.