PDA

View Full Version : Censure Pelosi for Holding Up Impeachment

jimnyc
01-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Wold be funny but would never pass.

But IMO, the longer they hold up this process and continue their games, the longer it's in the news, and it just continues to help reelect Trump in 2020.

--

Rep. Bradley Byrne Moves to Censure Pelosi for Holding Up Impeachment

Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-AL) will introduce a resolution on Thursday to censure House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for obstructing the impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, Breitbart News has learned exclusively.

Byrne, who is vying for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate this year from his native Alabama, believes the speaker has broken congressional precedence by refusing to send the articles of impeachment to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

“Speaker Pelosi’s decision to hold the articles of impeachment against President Trump in a pathetic and unconstitutional attempt to extract concessions from the Senate is an unprecedented abuse of power,” Byrne told Breitbart News in an exclusive statement. “House Democrats made the misguided decision to rush through the most legally unsound and factually unsupported articles of impeachment in the history of this country, and they can’t now insist that the Senate fix their shoddy, incomplete work.”

The congressman stated that the House’s role in the proceedings was over, and only Pelosi and her allies were left, most notably Reps. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) and Adam Schiff (D-CA), to “present the lackluster case they assembled to the Senate and let the president finally exercise his right to defend himself.”

“Until then, the leader of this attempt to throw out constitutional norms to remove our president must be held accountable,” Byrne added.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/01/09/bradley-byrne-moves-censure-pelosi-holding-up-impeachment/

jimnyc
01-09-2020, 11:42 AM
Wouldn't surprise me, it is as if the Dems and CNN share brains.

--

Nancy Pelosi Got Idea to Withhold Articles of Impeachment by Watching CNN

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) reportedly came up with the idea of withholding the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump from the Senate by watching CNN, according to Time magazine.

Time reported Thursday that Pelosi was inspired by an on-air suggestion from John Dean, the disgraced former White House counsel for President Richard Nixon who went to federal prison for his role in the Watergate cover-up and is a frequent CNN guest today.

Time report by Molly Ball (via Byron York of the Washington Examiner) says:

Pelosi, according to an aide, had been mulling the tactic since she heard former Nixon White House counsel John Dean float the idea on CNN on Dec. 5. In the committee meeting, she added that she believed McConnell would be motivated to move. “Somebody said to me today that he may not even take up what we send. [But] then [Trump] will never be vindicated,” she said, according to the aide in the room. “He will be impeached forever. Forever. No matter what the Senate does.”

The following day, Pelosi presided over the floor vote on impeachment, wearing a striking black suit to project solemnity, accessorized with a large gold brooch of the Mace of the Republic, a symbol of the House. When scattered cheers broke out inside the chamber after the first article was approved, she sternly and silently shushed them with a glare and a sharp gesture. After the vote, she announced that she did not plan to transmit the articles right away, saying she could not determine how to appoint House impeachment managers until the Senate decides on its rules for the trial.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/01/09/report-nancy-pelosi-got-idea-to-withhold-articles-of-impeachment-by-watching-cnn/

Kathianne
01-09-2020, 11:44 AM
It's now official:

Fox & Friends, Hannity, and Tucker for the President

CNN for Pelosi, (I bet she also watches MSBNC)

jimnyc
01-09-2020, 11:45 AM
Amazing how an opinion can change SO quickly, or should I say the man was spanked by his party and came back a changed man.

--

Dem Rep. Adam Smith: ‘It Is Time to Send the Impeachment to the Senate’

UPDATE: Smith has walked back his statement publicly.

https://i.imgur.com/ipqiPoA.png

Representative Adam Smith (D-WA) on Thursday joined the growing list of Democrats calling for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to quit delaying and send the articles of impeachment over to the Senate.

CNN “New Day” host John Berman asked Smith if he thinks it is time for Pelosi to send over the impeachment articles, to which Smith said it is because it will make Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) be “responsible for the fairness of the trial.”

“I think it is [time],” Smith stated. “I mean, I understand what the speaker was trying to do … to try to get a reasonable trial, a trial that would actually show evidence, bring out witnesses.”

He continued, “But at the end of the day just like we control it in the House, Mitch McConnell controls it in the Senate. I think it was perfectly advisable for the speaker to leverage that to get a better deal. At this point, it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. And yes, I think it is time to send the impeachment to the Senate and let Mitch McConnell be responsible for the fairness of the trial. He ultimately is.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/01/09/dem-rep-adam-smith-it-is-time-to-send-the-impeachment-to-the-senate/