PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Criticize Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for Refusing to Pay Party Dues

jimnyc
01-10-2020, 05:11 PM
I think this twit is too dense to understand how the process of the parties work. :rolleyes: If I were the Dems - just toss her and be rid of her and the controversy she brings.

Like a child, she doesn't get what she wants, doesn't get what she demands, or disagrees with something - and refuses to pay. And then not just screw things up for herself - she actively campaigns to have the public avoid sending the party any money and reserve it directly for the people she recommends. :rolleyes:

--

Democrats Criticize Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for Refusing to Pay Party Dues

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) has reportedly refused to donate to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) because it will not back more progressive candidates.

“Instead, Ocasio-Cortez is building her own fundraising operation for fellow progressive candidates to bypass the official Democratic Party infrastructure. Already, she’s actively funding primary challengers to oust certain Democratic colleagues,” according to Fox News.

The report continued:

Their gripe is that Ocasio-Cortez hasn’t given any money to the DCCC, the party arm with the sole job of electing Democrats to the House. Records obtained by Fox News show the New York Democrat has failed to pay any of her $250,000 in “dues” to the DCCC.

Her goose egg of a contribution is no accident. Ocasio-Cortez says she has beef with the DCCC and she’ll withhold her money in protest of how the Democratic Party won’t back insurgent pro

However, DCCC chairwoman Cheri Bustos said despite Ocasio-Cortez’s refusal to donate, the committee made plenty of money without her help.

“That’s always up to individual members so I guess I don’t think about it one way or another. We’re raising record amounts of money from our members.”

In March, Ocasio-Cortez encouraged her Twitter followers to “pause” their donations to the DCCC, then listed progressive candidates whose campaigns they should help fund:

Monday, the freshman congresswoman suggested that one party for everyone on the left is too broad, according to Breitbart News.

“In any other country, Joe Biden and I would not be in the same party, but in America, we are,” she stated.

However, Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-NY) said he is concerned about Ocasio-Cortez’s alliance with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT).

“His revolution is to not just to stop the Republicans, it’s to blow up the Democratic Party,” he commented, as Fox News reported, adding that if the freshman congresswoman wants to change the party, she needs to help fund it.

“Even if you want to change it, you’ve got to invest in it. That concerns me.”

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/01/10/democrats-criticize-aoc-for-refusing-to-pay-party-dues/

Gunny
01-11-2020, 07:04 PM
AOC is a puppet for an organization that is a bigger problem than she is. I don't recall its label, but if anyone thinks it's not dangerous, I'll remind that person AOC holds office. Toe in the door. Now she's diverting funds.

I don't care if she and her cohorts blow up the democratic Party. I do care if she and her cohorts gain control of it. It's bad enough as it is.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-12-2020, 09:55 AM
But, there she is still on the Committee on Financial Services and the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, the later of which is incredibly letting the fox in the hen house. Same as putting that radical little America hating muslim shit stain, Omar, on the Foreign Relations committee. Democrats pick their absolutely worst possible pieces of trash and put them where they really don't belong. I have no idea why, other than simple proof by actions that democrats truly do hate America.

Old burn out hippie flower girl Nancy is even too afraid to attempt to reign AOC in.