PDA

View Full Version : Schiff: Calling Bidens to Testify Would Turn Impeachment into a Sham

jimnyc
01-13-2020, 02:13 PM
Nancy Pelosi was just making mention of the Senate trial being a sham, and now Schiff. After the way things were ran in the house, Schiff should be embarrassed. It truly WAS a 100% sham the way they ran things in the house and how the dismissed every rule and refused every option the republicans were deserved.

Trump wanted or was having the company investigated where Hunter Biden was on the board. Joe Biden publicly admitted to his role in getting the prosecutor over there fired. They are actually attached to what was being investigated over there. And Schiff, Pelosi and others don't want them on the stand, so they are trying to claim there's no reason for them to be there. Sure!

--

Schiff: Calling Bidens to Testify Would Turn Impeachment into a Sham

On Monday’s broadcast of ABC’s “The View,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) said calling former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter to testify during the impeachment of President Donald Trump “would convert the Senate trial into the same kind of a sham proceeding.”

Co-host Abby Huntsman said, “Do you worry that if you open the door to witnesses like John Bolton that Republicans —we’re talking about a fair trial — Republicans are going to call the Bidens, even you to testify. Trump re-upped his calls for you and Speaker Nancy Pelosi over the weekend. He was tweeting all about that. Joe Biden has said that he would not testify, then he said he would testify. Would you, if asked, be willing to testify if you were subpoenaed?”

Schiff said, “Look, I’m not a fact witness, so other than nullifying the president, I’m not sure why the Senate would call me or Nancy Pelosi as a witness.”

Huntsman pressed, “If it is a fair trial though, you could very well see a case where the Bidens would have to be there. Do you think that’s a good thing politically or for impeachment as a whole?”

Schiff said, “I think what the senators would have to evaluate is, do the Bidens have any relevant testimony? I think the answer is that they don’t. What is at issue here is whether the president withheld military aid, withheld official acts like a White House meeting in order to coerce a country to announce investigations, not even conduct them but just announce them to help smear his opponent. There’s not much light that Joe Biden or Hunter Biden could shed on the president’s conduct.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/01/13/schiff-calling-bidens-to-testify-would-turn-impeachment-into-a-sham/

STTAB
01-13-2020, 02:59 PM
Nancy Pelosi was just making mention of the Senate trial being a sham, and now Schiff. After the way things were ran in the house, Schiff should be embarrassed. It truly WAS a 100% sham the way they ran things in the house and how the dismissed every rule and refused every option the republicans were deserved.

Trump wanted or was having the company investigated where Hunter Biden was on the board. Joe Biden publicly admitted to his role in getting the prosecutor over there fired. They are actually attached to what was being investigated over there. And Schiff, Pelosi and others don't want them on the stand, so they are trying to claim there's no reason for them to be there. Sure!

--

On Monday’s broadcast of ABC’s “The View,” Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) said calling former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter to testify during the impeachment of President Donald Trump “would convert the Senate trial into the same kind of a sham proceeding.”

Co-host Abby Huntsman said, “Do you worry that if you open the door to witnesses like John Bolton that Republicans —we’re talking about a fair trial — Republicans are going to call the Bidens, even you to testify. Trump re-upped his calls for you and Speaker Nancy Pelosi over the weekend. He was tweeting all about that. Joe Biden has said that he would not testify, then he said he would testify. Would you, if asked, be willing to testify if you were subpoenaed?”

Schiff said, “Look, I’m not a fact witness, so other than nullifying the president, I’m not sure why the Senate would call me or Nancy Pelosi as a witness.”

Huntsman pressed, “If it is a fair trial though, you could very well see a case where the Bidens would have to be there. Do you think that’s a good thing politically or for impeachment as a whole?”

Schiff said, “I think what the senators would have to evaluate is, do the Bidens have any relevant testimony? I think the answer is that they don’t. What is at issue here is whether the president withheld military aid, withheld official acts like a White House meeting in order to coerce a country to announce investigations, not even conduct them but just announce them to help smear his opponent. There’s not much light that Joe Biden or Hunter Biden could shed on the president’s conduct.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/01/13/schiff-calling-bidens-to-testify-would-turn-impeachment-into-a-sham/

IF the Senate calls witnesses at all I want Adam SChiff on the stand explaining his lies under oath and if he tells even the slightest falsehood I want him charged with perjury

PostmodernProphet
01-14-2020, 09:08 PM

???.....turn?......

STTAB
01-15-2020, 03:45 PM
???.....turn?......

Only a Democrat could with a straight face say that finding out whether the President had a legitimate reason to request a criminal investigation into someone was not necessary in a trial meant to determine whether that President abused his power. I mean seriously.

Of course, these are the same dishonest dipshits who to this day pretend like there was EVER a legitimate reason to begin investigating Carter Page, so.........

Gunny
01-15-2020, 04:09 PM

I keep looking at this statement alone and shaking my head. What is there to say to that? This guy is obviously just plain beyond stupid. How does one turn a complete joke and sham into what it already is?

jimnyc
01-15-2020, 05:07 PM
IF the Senate calls witnesses at all I want Adam SChiff on the stand explaining his lies under oath and if he tells even the slightest falsehood I want him charged with perjury

I want them ALL but I won't even get close. Biden, his son and anyone else connected - like possibly John Kerry. Anyone who may have helped them. Then damn skippy Adam Schiff, Pelosi, Clapper, Comey....