PDA

View Full Version : Ga. Voter ID Law Upheld by Federal Judge

Mr. P
09-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Last Edited: Thursday, 06 Sep 2007, 10:34 PM EDT
Created: Thursday, 06 Sep 2007, 3:10 PM EDT
Voter ID Law

Do you agree with the federal judge's decision to uphold Georgia's Voter ID Law?
Poll Results:
Yes
78.43%
No
21.57%

Ga. Voter ID Law Upheld by Federal Judge
Total number of votes: 487
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ROME, Ga. (AP) -- A federal judge ruled Thursday that Georgia's voter identification law does not impose a significant burden on the right to vote, meaning the law will be enforced.

FOX 5's Julia Harding Reports
U.S. District Judge Harold Murphy of Rome also praised what he called the state's "exceptional efforts to contact voters who potentially lacked a valid form of Photo ID."

Murphy wrote in a 159-page ruling that challengers to the law are "hard-pressed to show that voters in Georgia, in general, are not aware of the Photo ID requirement."......

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4282049&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/251/story/125382.html

This law was adopted by the Rs in the state even though they could not show one case of voter fraud to defend its cost to the tax payers.

Why fix what is not broken and throw money in the trash?

I expect there will be an appeal.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Dems are always against safeguards from voter fraud.

Mr. P
09-08-2007, 05:08 PM

This law was adopted by the Rs in the state even though they could not show one case of voter fraud to defend its cost to the tax payers.

Why fix what is not broken and throw money in the trash?

I expect there will be an appeal.

There is no "cost" to showing a photo ID. Ga did step up and said they would provide a state ID to elderly and poor, a small price to pay, IMO. BUT, they gotta go get the f'rgin thing, if they can't do that, how are they gonna go vote?
Wait, absentee! See, this isn't really an issue of keeping "legal" voters from voting at all. It's insuring that those who do vote are "legal".

Abbey Marie
09-08-2007, 05:09 PM
There is no "cost" to showing a photo ID. Ga did step up and said they would provide a state ID to elderly and poor, a small price to pay, IMO. BUT, they gotta go get the f'rgin thing, if they can't do that, how are they gonna go vote?
Wait, absentee! See, this isn't really an issue of keeping "legal" voters from voting at all. It's insuring that those who do vote are "legal".

Well, duh. They'll go vote by taking $5.00 from their local Dem party hack, and hopping on the voter bus to the polls.

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Dems are always against safeguards from voter fraud.

No this is not true.

Many dems have been fighting hard to protect us from the real problems of voting like no paper trails on the machines.

Felons list which pushed legal voters who have never commited a crime in their lives off the roles have had Dems come to their rescue in Florida. Florida now does not use this list.

Mr. P
09-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, duh. They'll go vote by taking $5.00 from their local Dem party hack, and hopping on the voter bus to the polls.

That will end with photo ID. Which is what I think the opposition is so afraid of, at least here in the south.

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 05:22 PM

Do you have any proof of this ?

I have never heard of it and the studies did not find any of this .

Gunny
09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
No this is not true.

Many dems have been fighting hard to protect us from the real problems of voting like no paper trails on the machines.

Felons list which pushed legal voters who have never commited a crime in their lives off the roles have had Dems come to their rescue in Florida. Florida now does not use this list.

It's very true. This is the third thread in which you have opposed common sense approaches to minimizing voter fraud.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2007, 06:23 PM

What studies?

Mr. P
09-08-2007, 06:23 PM

Happens every election.

I talked to the man who handed me the pamphlet. A thirty-something African-American who wouldn't give his name, he told me that, starting last Friday, some people had come to the Philadelphia homeless shelter where he said he volunteers, and had begun to recruit residents. Eventually, he said that 300 people filled five buses. He said he was paid $100 for the day's work.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/showdown06/archives/individual/2006_11/010083.php

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 06:36 PM
by Washington Monthly Election Day Blog

RIVERDALE, MARYLAND, 2:39 p.m.

Maybe it's my lack of knowledge about Maryland politics, but I could have sworn that Martin O'Malley is the Democratic candidate for governor. Apparently I was mistaken. As I approached the polling place here at Parkdale High School, a man in an Ehrlich-Cox shirt handed me a two-page fold-out pamphlet. I immediately recognized the front—it was the misleading Curry/Mfume/Johnson "endorsement" from "Ehlrich-Steele Democrats" that I blogged about earlier. Inside, however, was a clear attempt to mislead Democratic voters. Under the headline, "DEMOCRATIC SAMPLE BALLOT" was a comprehensive listing of candidates, each with an X next to his or her name. In the parallel universe contained within this pamphlet, Robert Ehrlich is the Democratic gubernatorial candidate, and Michael Steele is the Dems' pick for the Senate. The intent could not be clearer: to confuse those looking to vote a straight Democratic ticket. The handout cleverly conceals its purpose by leaving Democrats intact under many of the categories—for instance, Steny Hoyer is listed for district five.

This was a case of someone trying to fool Dem voters into voting for the R on the ticket by labeling him part of a straight dem ticket.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/sho..._11/010083.php

You just posted R corrupt behavior!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Robert Ehrlich was the republican

I think maybe you did not read what you just posted?

Yurt
09-08-2007, 06:39 PM

I forgot about absentee voting. How do they check your ID for that? How do they know it is you?

Mr. P
09-08-2007, 06:50 PM
by Washington Monthly Election Day Blog

RIVERDALE, MARYLAND, 2:39 p.m.

Maybe it's my lack of knowledge about Maryland politics, but I could have sworn that Martin O'Malley is the Democratic candidate for governor. Apparently I was mistaken. As I approached the polling place here at Parkdale High School, a man in an Ehrlich-Cox shirt handed me a two-page fold-out pamphlet. I immediately recognized the front—it was the misleading Curry/Mfume/Johnson "endorsement" from "Ehlrich-Steele Democrats" that I blogged about earlier. Inside, however, was a clear attempt to mislead Democratic voters. Under the headline, "DEMOCRATIC SAMPLE BALLOT" was a comprehensive listing of candidates, each with an X next to his or her name. In the parallel universe contained within this pamphlet, Robert Ehrlich is the Democratic gubernatorial candidate, and Michael Steele is the Dems' pick for the Senate. The intent could not be clearer: to confuse those looking to vote a straight Democratic ticket. The handout cleverly conceals its purpose by leaving Democrats intact under many of the categories—for instance, Steny Hoyer is listed for district five.

This was a case of someone trying to fool Dem voters into voting for the R on the ticket by labeling him part of a straight dem ticket.

You just posted R corrupt behavior!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Robert Ehrlich was the republican

I think maybe you did not read what you just posted?

The point IS...$5 or more is be paid to get people on the bus to vote the way they're paid to vote. In this case from a homeless shelter. You think it doesn't go on. You said no studies showed it, this clearly does, ID would help to stop this crap. Do you belive this JUST because it was, maybe, republican?

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 06:50 PM
I forgot about absentee voting. How do they check your ID for that? How do they know it is you?

They dont.

There is no reason to spend vast amounts of tax payer dollars to fight what does not exsist.

Every study done on this type of vote fraud has turned up next to nothing.

Mr. P
09-08-2007, 06:56 PM
They dont.

There is no reason to spend vast amounts of tax payer dollars to fight what does not exsist.

You keep on with this "every study" done stuff...how about some links to these studies.

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 06:58 PM
You keep on with this "every study" done stuff...how about some links to these studies.

OK let me go back throught the thread and get them for you.

this is in post two of the thread

Ill go get more

http://tinyurl.com/ysvmaz
heres another

manu1959
09-08-2007, 07:00 PM
They dont.

how does it cost money to say...ID please?...thank you....

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 07:07 PM
The point IS...$5 or more is be paid to get people on the bus to vote the way they're paid to vote. In this case from a homeless shelter. You think it doesn't go on. You said no studies showed it, this clearly does, ID would help to stop this crap. Do you belive this JUST because it was, maybe, republican?

I talked to the man who handed me the pamphlet. A thirty-something African-American who wouldn't give his name, he told me that, starting last Friday, some people had come to the Philadelphia homeless shelter where he said he volunteers, and had begun to recruit residents. Eventually, he said that 300 people filled five buses. He said he was paid $100 for the day's work. He was honest with me: He didn't actually support Ehrlich, but was pro-Steele.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/sho..._11/010083.php

Nope it says they were paid to pass out the pamphlets , I see othing about being paid to vote.

It was Republicans doing the scam anyway because the pamphlets said vote for Ehrlich because he is part of the Dem ticket and he was an R. why would a dem do that ?

Yurt
09-08-2007, 07:23 PM
They dont.

I vote we should change your nick because it is highly misleading.

Vast? LOOOOOOOOOOOL. It would take up less than .00000000000001 percent of the US budget, truthiness.

You hardly ever reply with logic, let alone truth. I am placing my vote to change your nick because it is offensive in its sinister plan to fraud the rest of us.

:)

Mr. P
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM

Ill go get more

heres another

How old are you TM? Do you know the difference between a "study" and a "media" report?

You continue to say ALL the 'studies" say...you have yet to provide one.
These will of course be from a nonpartisan source when you find them, right?

manu1959
09-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Ill go get more

heres another

ya all the illegal voters stayed home....