PDA

View Full Version : If it weren't for conservatives this would be a nice world.

Yurt
09-08-2007, 06:59 PM
If it weren't for conservatives this would be a nice world.

Saw this in April15's sig.

Does anyone have the courage to take the chance to explain just how "nice" of a world it would be.

Explain just what conservatives have done that has so harmed the world that it causes you to create a sig that wishes all people who believe in conservative politics an instant death or at least a disappearance.

jimnyc
09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Don't forget the hope expressed for the death of our president.

manu1959
09-08-2007, 07:08 PM

Does anyone have the courage to take the chance to explain just how "nice" of a world it would be.

Explain just what conservatives have done that has so harmed the world that it causes you to create a sig that wishes all people who believe in conservative politics an instant death or at least a disappearance.

i asked this of her once......

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 07:17 PM
The world needs conservatives.

The world needs liberals.

We need the people pushing us ahead and we need the sound voice saying HEY wait a minute not so fast.

We are the ying and the yang.

What the world would be better off with is people thinking we have to hate each other.

When I was growig up the conservatives were great thoughtful people.

Your principles have been hi jacked by people who are destroying the princples and integrity of what a conservatitive used to stand for.

jimnyc
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Your principles have been hi jacked by people who are destroying the princples and integrity of what a conservatitive used to stand for.

And the liberals are being led by a bunch of kooks that whose total brainpower amounts to that of a collection of bottle caps.

Go to Fred Thompson's website and listen to his presidential announcement and tell me what you find wrong with his "conservative principles"

http://www.fred08.com

Yurt
09-08-2007, 07:30 PM
i asked this of her once......

sounds like a novel, what happened?

Yurt
09-08-2007, 07:32 PM

We need the people pushing us ahead and we need the sound voice saying HEY wait a minute not so fast.

What the world would be better off with is people thinking we have to hate each other.

:lol:

So why have you changed now that you are all growed up?

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 07:35 PM
And the liberals are being led by a bunch of kooks that whose total brainpower amounts to that of a collection of bottle caps.

Go to Fred Thompson's website and listen to his presidential announcement and tell me what you find wrong with his "conservative principles"

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Fred_Thompson.htm

Im going to use this site so I dot have to sign up OK?

jimnyc
09-08-2007, 07:42 PM

Im going to use this site so I dot have to sign up OK?

You don't need to join to view the video. If you go to the bottom of the main page there is an option to enter the site without registering.

Alternatively, you can go directly to this link:

http://www.fred08.com/index.aspx

I'd be curious to hear your feedback on his announcement speech.

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 07:45 PM
You don't need to join to view the video. If you go to the bottom of the main page there is an option to enter the site without registering.

Oh my I did not know he had lymphoma!

Did you know that?

Reveals he suffers from cancer, but it won't affect campaign
On April 11 2007, Thompson went on national TV & talked frankly about his indolent lymphoma. The cancer is in remission & it is treatable. The cancer, he said, is "a good kind if you can ever call something like that a good kind." Fred was diagnosed 2 years ago after a routine physical: "I have had no illness from it, or even any symptoms. My life expectancy should not be affected. I am in remission, and it is very treatable with drugs if treatment is needed in the future--and with no debilitating side effects." He also made very clear he wouldn't let the idea of cancer slow him down a bit, nor stop his consideration of a race for President.
Thompson's sudden disclosure of his medical condition was seen by many political experts a clear indication that he was not simply flirting with a presidential race. As with all candidates, Thompson's cancer will ultimately just be one aspect of "who he is" by the time voters cast their ballots. By Election Day, it is likely to matter very little.

Source: The Fred Factor, by Steve Gill, p.175-177 Jun 3, 2007

manu1959
09-08-2007, 07:46 PM
sounds like a novel, what happened?

it wasn't memorable.....

jimnyc
09-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh my I did not know he had lymphoma!

Yes, and thankfully it's in remission, and I'm praying for him that it never returns.

truthmatters
09-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes, and thankfully it's in remission, and I'm praying for him that it never returns.

I hope he does well to but lets face it the stress of the job would be horrible for someone with cancer.

Non hodgekins lynphoma is considered incurable.

It would be shortening his life to make him president.

manu1959
09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I hope he does well to but lets face it the stress of the job would be horrible for someone with cancer.

Non hodgekins lynphoma is considered uncurable.

It would be shortening his life to make him president.

thank you doctor......

diuretic
09-08-2007, 09:17 PM

TM has made the point about balance and from my perspective it's right. As has also been pointed out, the people who were in power for so long in the US weren't "conservatives", they were radicals.

Anyway even within the left (and again from my perspective the Democratic Party is very right wing, not left at all) there is a broad church. There are kooks who are so far to the left that they'd fall off the edge of the earth if it were flat, they serve a purpose, they warn the rest of the left not to let itself get drawn out there, but to seek a more moderate and pragmatic policy position, one that would be acceptable to the electorate and one that would work in practice.

I don't oppose conservative ideas simply because someone says they're "conservative". I am a moderate on the left, I know how impractical the radical left is but I listen, I read, I consider and then I reject them more often than not. I appreciate a form of Burkean conservatism in the English political mould, I'm not at all fond of the radicals that dress themselves up as "conservatives".

typomaniac
09-08-2007, 09:44 PM

You can find the answer in my signature, grasshopper.

Yurt
09-08-2007, 09:45 PM
TM has made the point about balance and from my perspective it's right. As has also been pointed out, the people who were in power for so long in the US weren't "conservatives", they were radicals.

Anyway even within the left (and again from my perspective the Democratic Party is very right wing, not left at all) there is a broad church. There are kooks who are so far to the left that they'd fall off the edge of the earth if it were flat, they serve a purpose, they warn the rest of the left not to let itself get drawn out there, but to seek a more moderate and pragmatic policy position, one that would be acceptable to the electorate and one that would work in practice.

I don't oppose conservative ideas simply because someone says they're "conservative". I am a moderate on the left, I know how impractical the radical left is but I listen, I read, I consider and then I reject them more often than not. I appreciate a form of Burkean conservatism in the English political mould, I'm not at all fond of the radicals that dress themselves up as "conservatives".

So conservatives are fine, it is the extreme that bothers you. You like the middle of the road. Fair enough. Who pays for that road? Or is the middle of the road the only way through?

Glad to to know you don't want the world to have no conservatives.

diuretic
09-09-2007, 12:32 AM
So conservatives are fine, it is the extreme that bothers you. You like the middle of the road. Fair enough. Who pays for that road? Or is the middle of the road the only way through?

Glad to to know you don't want the world to have no conservatives.

The road is for the common good, we should pay for it through our tax
contributions :D

No, got nothing against conservatives, real conservatives are middle of the road as well, damn it's crowded here :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM

The democratic party is a big tent.

We have a saying here about my party 'I dont belong to any organised party I'm a Democrat'.

The Rs always seem able to toss aside individual belief and pack up much better than Dems.
They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

truthmatters
09-09-2007, 10:47 AM

If you would go back and read my posts with an unjaundiced eye you would realise I do not spew hate. You just dont like the facts I present to you because they shake what you have desided to believe.

truthmatters
09-09-2007, 11:00 AM

I watched it and he delivered the speach pretty well, He has a likeability.

What he said sounds good but I have heard much of the same talk from others who then while in office drove up the deficit and mettled in world affairs in such a way that harmed America.

He was the one who told the Nixon office that they knew about the tapes.
He was just 30 and sold out the people who were investigating Nixon in favor of Nixon.

He is a lawyer turned actor turned politicain.

He has been a lawyer for people who have commited terror.

I dont think these values of MORAL issues is real conservatism.

I hope him well ,he needs to do something less stressful with his life because he has small childern ad needs to live as loing as possible so they can have a Dad a litle bit longer.
He is 65 and has an incurable cancer which will shorten his life and he will have not much time with them as it is.

Gunny
09-09-2007, 11:01 AM

When I was growing up Democrats/liberals actually stood FOR something instead of just against everything Republicans/conservatives are for, put this Nation before their own self interest, and could recognize a threat to this Nation and address it instead of stuffing your heads in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist.

truthmatters
09-09-2007, 11:13 AM
When I was growing up Democrats/liberals actually stood FOR something instead of just against everything Republicans/conservatives are for, put this Nation before their own self interest, and could recognize a threat to this Nation and address it instead of stuffing your heads in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist.

Gunny over the last 30 years or so the Republicans talk about fiscal responsibility and then out spend the democrats every time.
They use our military in such ways as to spin off our treasure and make more problems than they create. They try to tell us how to live when it is not their business.

They used to stand for something they now tell stories out of school every time they run.

http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.png this has some charts which back what I say.

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 11:51 AM
What he said sounds good but I have heard much of the same talk from others who then while in office drove up the deficit and mettled in world affairs in such a way that harmed America.

So hold him responsible for things he had nothing to do with, or hasn't done yet? That's odd...

He is a lawyer turned actor turned politicain.

Please explain what this has to do with the price of tea in China.

He has been a lawyer for people who have commited terror.

Please cite specific examples of the terrorists he has represented.

I hope him well ,he needs to do something less stressful with his life because he has small childern ad needs to live as loing as possible so they can have a Dad a litle bit longer.
He is 65 and has an incurable cancer which will shorten his life and he will have not much time with them as it is.

Do you understand what "remission" is? How do you know it'll return to a deadly state within a typical lifetime span? Do you not think he'll live, at the most, another couple of terms? Do you advocate prejudice against those with illnesses?

Gunny
09-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Gunny over the last 30 years or so the Republicans talk about fiscal responsibility and then out spend the democrats every time.
They use our military in such ways as to spin off our treasure and make more problems than they create. They try to tell us how to live when it is not their business.

They used to stand for something they now tell stories out of school every time they run.

http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.png this has some charts which back what I say.

Outspend the Democrats? If the Democrats didn't let our military go to shit every time they get into power and leave it for the Republicans to clean up, there wouldn't have to be an out of the norm expenditures in that area.

It isn't a case of outspending. It's a case of the second a Democrat got into office my wallet got lightened considerably, while we sepnt 8 years using duct tape and baling wire to keep our equipment operational.

You can sel that smoke-n-mirrors routine to a kindergarten class ... they might believe it.

April15
09-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Gunny,
I find it to be the other way around in the lightening of the wallet. When the dems are in my money buys more and I have more of it.
As for the military being reduced thank RR for that and his successor GHW Bush. Clinton just finished what they had promised. Sorta like the next president will have to finish this presidents tasks.

I also noted some very good dialog about division of the nation. The loss of the goldwater conservative and kennedy dem.

Gunny
09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Gunny,
I find it to be the other way around in the lightening of the wallet. When the dems are in my money buys more and I have more of it.
As for the military being reduced thank RR for that and his successor GHW Bush. Clinton just finished what they had promised. Sorta like the next president will have to finish this presidents tasks.

I also noted some very good dialog about division of the nation. The loss of the goldwater conservative and kennedy dem.

You DO have it the other way around. I joined the Marines during Carter's watch, not Reagan's or later. We had very little, and what little of that actually worked was held together with duct tape and bailing wire. How many helicopters dropped out of the sky during Carter's too little too late attempt to resuce the Iranian hostages?

Reagan raised our pay, updated our weapons and equipment, and gave us the money to replace worn out and/or outdated stuff.

Incidentally, during Reagan's tour, I had more money in my pocket, and it went further than at ANY point since.

Clinton didn't "finish what they started." BRAC and downsizing was Congress's doing. And Clinton most certainly helped himself to enough of my money that my financial solvency was became questionable overnight and it took some REAL monkeyflips for me to stay out of the red.

truthmatters
09-09-2007, 03:46 PM
You DO have it the other way around. I joined the Marines during Carter's watch, not Reagan's or later. We had very little, and what little of that actually worked was held together with duct tape and bailing wire. How many helicopters dropped out of the sky during Carter's too little too late attempt to resuce the Iranian hostages?

Reagan raised our pay, updated our weapons and equipment, and gave us the money to replace worn out and/or outdated stuff.

Incidentally, during Reagan's tour, I had more money in my pocket, and it went further than at ANY point since.

Clinton didn't "finish what they started." BRAC and downsizing was Congress's doing. And Clinton most certainly helped himself to enough of my money that my financial solvency was became questionable overnight and it took some REAL monkeyflips for me to stay out of the red.

Funny it was a great time for the rest of the country.

Just how fast was Carter supposed to Fix the military after the fiasco of Vietnam?
How was he supposed to find work for all of those young men who phased out of the military after vietnam was over?

Gunny
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Funny it was a great time for the rest of the country.

Just how fast was Carter supposed to Fix the military after the fiasco of Vietnam?
How was he supposed to find work for all of those young men who phased out of the military after vietnam was over?

Yeah, it was so great the conclusion was impending recession that was only staved off by this current administration's immediate attention.

April15
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM

I had less money and work during the years after Carter up until 1990 or so. Now I do live in California and we had to recover from Rayguns mess from his governorship which may have made life tougher here than in the rest of the US.
RR did start the military downsizing when the pope got Gorby to remove the berlin wall. GHW Bush did continue that trend and was finished by clinton.

Abbey Marie
09-09-2007, 06:06 PM

With apologies to Louis Armstrong (and his song "What a Wonderful World"),
I have a different take on how the world would be with no conservatives.

"I see states of blue, welfare cheats too.
I see them voting, for Edwards' hairdo
And I say to myself, what a weird liberal world.

I see Hillary's health care, and it's a fright
Illegals crossing, our borders at night,
And I think to myself, what a weird liberal world

The colors of our flag, so stirring and bright
And the faces of our soldiers, so willing to fight
I hear Harry Reid sayin' "We've already lost"
He's really saying, "My party is toast "

I hear the cry-babies cryin', I hear them whine,
Guess they'll keep it up, til' the end of time
Yes, I think to myself, what a weird liberal world

Oh yeah...

Abbey Marie
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
With apologies to Louis Armstrong (and his song "What a Wonderful World"),
I have a different take on how the world would be with no conservatives.

"I see states of blue, welfare cheats too.
I see them voting, for Edwards' hairdo
And I say to myself, what a weird liberal world.

I see Hillary's health care, and it's a fright
Illegals crossing, our borders at night,

The colors of our flag, so stirring and bright
And the faces of our soldiers, so willing to fight
I hear Harry Reid sayin' "We've already lost"
He's really saying, "My party is toast "

I hear the cry-babies cryin', I hear them whine,
Guess they'll keep it up, til' the end of time
Yes, I think to myself, what a weird liberal world

Oh yeah...

And yes, I wrote this, so No stealing!

diuretic
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
The democratic party is a big tent.

We have a saying here about my party 'I dont belong to any organised party I'm a Democrat'.

The Rs always seem able to toss aside individual belief and pack up much better than Dems.
They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

But the powerful in the Democratic Party don't stand for anything except the status quo, they'll never countenance any real change. Yes it's a big tent and I remember LBJ's memorable aphorism about the tent. I don't meant to quibble TM but when Dennis Kucinich (I know I'm not American but I'd vote for him) gets the presidential nomination I'll know the Dems are something other than Republican Lite.

diuretic
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM

I disagree with the content but it was great and damnit I can't rep ya! :clap:

Abbey Marie
09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I disagree with the content but it was great and damnit I can't rep ya! :clap:

It really is the thought that counts! :cheers2:

Gunny
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
I had less money and work during the years after Carter up until 1990 or so. Now I do live in California and we had to recover from Rayguns mess from his governorship which may have made life tougher here than in the rest of the US.
RR did start the military downsizing when the pope got Gorby to remove the berlin wall. GHW Bush did continue that trend and was finished by clinton.

I spent half my career at different times living in CA. Reagan was not your problem. The fact that you taxpayers are required to support the illigal immigration burden on your social infrastructure has done the most damage from everything I ever saw. I couldn't get out of that backwards-assed hellhole you live in quick enough.:laugh2:

Downsizing the military and neglecting the military are two completely separate issues. Gramm-Rudman-Hollings (senators) introduced a bill in 1988 that initiated military downsizing and BRAC. Downsizing and base realignment and closure have nothing to do with the overall operational and personnel readiness of a downsized military. It did increase the optempo on a downsized military because you had less people to do the same job.

Clinton, on the other hand. increased our optempo while still allowing the downsizing to continue.

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 09:08 PM

Sorry, you posted it on my site, I own it now! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
09-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Sorry, you posted it on my site, I own it now! :laugh2:

:laugh2:

typomaniac
09-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Um, just a guess: he doesn't practice them? :laugh2: