PDA

View Full Version : Global warming...

KitchenKitten99
02-03-2007, 10:47 AM
MY ASS!!! If there was such thing as that, most of us here would be welcoming it right now!!! And don't give me that lame dodge for an explaination about global cooling. We have had weather this cold, and colder (Jesse was still governor) to where school was cancelled because they didn't want kids exposed to something like -40 temps/-50 windchill.

:pee: global warming lies

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/weather.jpg

red states rule
02-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Global warming only happens when libs open their blowholes and release their hot air on the rest of us

Gunny
02-03-2007, 12:02 PM
MY ASS!!! If there was such thing as that, most of us here would be welcoming it right now!!! And don't give me that lame dodge for an explaination about global cooling. We have had weather this cold, and colder (Jesse was still governor) to where school was cancelled because they didn't want kids exposed to something like -40 temps/-50 windchill.

:pee: global warming lies

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/weather.jpg

Global warming is real. I realize that's hard for you to fathom living in Alaska :laugh: , but it is real nonetheless.

The question is, are we (mankind) the cause of it, or is it a cyclical weather change in the Earth? Aparently the world's eggheads have gotten together and blamed it all on us recently.

Although I am more than willing to cede that man has an adverse impact on the Earth, I want to see some REAL evidence that irrefutably proves global warming is the result of man before I am going to buy the "blame us first" theory.

red states rule
02-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Lets se...we have hads record snows in the west, snow in Malibu, freezing temps in Fl, and freezing temps deep into Texas

Global warming my ass

KitchenKitten99
02-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Global warming is real. I realize that's hard for you to fathom living in Alaska :laugh: , but it is real nonetheless.

The question is, are we (mankind) the cause of it, or is it a cyclical weather change in the Earth? Aparently the world's eggheads have gotten together and blamed it all on us recently.

Although I am more than willing to cede that man has an adverse impact on the Earth, I want to see some REAL evidence that irrefutably proves global warming is the result of man before I am going to buy the "blame us first" theory.

i don't live in alaska. I reside in Liberal-sota.

red states rule
02-03-2007, 12:33 PM

and I am stuck in Pa - a blue state

Now I suppose the libs will say the sub freezing temps are Pres Bush's fault

Odds are within a day or so, some pointy headed lib will blame Pres Bush on the tornados in Fl

Gunny
02-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Lets se...we have hads record snows in the west, snow in Malibu, freezing temps in Fl, and freezing temps deep into Texas

Global warming my ass

So you think one cloder-than-average winter means anything? I happen to "deep into Texas." This year has been nothing compared to winter when I was a kid here in the 60s and 70s.

We also had about 6 weeks of 100 degree temps this past summer. Used to be, we'd have 100 degree temps maybe one or two weeks in Aug.

Or how about last winter? Got below freezing TWICE.

Since I work in the weather on a daily basis here, and have lived here off and on most of my life, I can tell you now that overall it's warmer here than it used to be.

Gaffer
02-03-2007, 12:42 PM
and I am stuck in Pa - a blue state

Now I suppose the libs will say the sub freezing temps are Pres Bush's fault

Odds are within a day or so, some pointy headed lib will blame Pres Bush on the tornados in Fl

They already blame him for hurricanes. Some even blamed him for the tsunami in indonesia.

The important thing to remember is that libs MUST always blame someone. Other than themselves. If the sun gets hotter the libs blame someone. If the wind blows east the libs blame someone. They will even produce scientists to prove it.

Gunny
02-03-2007, 12:48 PM

There's a difference?:laugh:

Haven't you heard the Bud Light, "Mr Way Too Proud of Texas Guy?"

You display your pride with your Lone Star tattoo, "Native Texan" bumper sticker, and contempt for any state that doesn't start with "Tex" and end with "as."

:lmao:

red states rule
02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
They already blame him for hurricanes. Some even blamed him for the tsunami in indonesia.

The important thing to remember is that libs MUST always blame someone. Other than themselves. If the sun gets hotter the libs blame someone. If the wind blows east the libs blame someone. They will even produce scientists to prove it.

and earthquakes......

Bush Quakes Strike Hawaii
Hawaii. With its lush marijuana plantations and vibrant gay community, many consider it a veritable “Garden of Eden”. Yet there’s nothing the Bible-thumping Bush regime would love more than to see the Island paradise sink into the sea like the Biblical utopias of Sodom and Gomorrah. Last weekend’s barrage of politically-motivated quakes were only the opening salvo it what threatens to be a full-scale war waged by the Christian Right against the brown-skinned Hawaiian peoples.

Thankfully, not as many people died without dignity as Bush had undoubtedly hoped in this, the latest of his ecological disasters. Nonetheless, he wrought economical destruction to Hawaii that only time and the repeal of his tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent will heal. The tremors that struck Hawaii knocked scores of ukeleles out of tune, and thousands of striking hula workers were forced to gyrate rhythmically at the hips without compensation for several agonizing minutes. Many a grass-skirted minx has already fled the Islands for the safety of the mainland, walking across the Pacific Ocean on the backs of undocumented Mexicans swimming to Hawaii for construction jobs. Defiant in the face of tragedy, a headstrong and resolute Mayor Ray Kakapipimediapaliki condemned the racist policies that lead to the quakes, and vowed that Honolulu would once again be a “Coconut City” - just as soon as they've ran off all the job-stealing Beaners.

As expected, the Repugs are in full denial mode, blaming the disaster on everything from "Mother Nature" to "Tectonic Plates". But no matter how they try to spin it, the blame for Hawaii lies solely on George Bush and his evangelical masters - not to be confused with Thomas Magnum and his Robin Masters, neither of whom were invited to the Luau.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2006/10/index.html

KitchenKitten99
02-03-2007, 12:59 PM
They will even produce scientists to prove it. but they gotta pay the scientists first. and who knows if these guys are really scientists? They could be some desperate actor pretending to be a scientist because he needs the money.

Did it ever occur to the libs that the Earth evolves too? They believe in Darwim's theory of evolution, so why would the Earth itself be exempt? Did humans cause the Ice Age? Did humans cause the Ring of Fire? Did it ever occur to these libs that maybe the oceans' temps are rising because maybe more underwater volcanoes are erupting? The Earth's core is full of magma and molten lava, so why can't that play a part?

I just read a really neat article in the Smithsonian magazine about volcanoes in Antarctica. Volcanoes. Hot, magma spewing volcanoes. We all know heat melts ice right? Could that be why the continent is losing mass?

By the liberals' theories of global warming over the last 20 years or so, I should be washing and waxing my car in the driveway and working on my pond garden. Honestly I wish I could right now.

Gunny
02-03-2007, 01:06 PM
but they gotta pay the scientists first. and who knows if these guys are really scientists? They could be some desperate actor pretending to be a scientist because he needs the money.

Did it ever occur to the libs that the Earth evolves too? They believe in Darwim's theory of evolution, so why would the Earth itself be exempt? Did humans cause the Ice Age? Did humans cause the Ring of Fire? Did it ever occur to these libs that maybe the oceans' temps are rising because maybe more underwater volcanoes are erupting? The Earth's core is full of magma and molten lava, so why can't that play a part?

I just read a really neat article in the Smithsonian magazine about volcanoes in Antarctica. Volcanoes. Hot, magma spewing volcanoes. We all know heat melts ice right? Could that be why the continent is losing mass?

By the liberals' theories of global warming over the last 20 years or so, I should be washing and waxing my car in the driveway and working on my pond garden. Honestly I wish I could right now.

I can definitely agree with this. Isn't it odd that agenda-driven scientists usually prove whatever it is they are paid to prove?

Insein
02-03-2007, 04:25 PM
I can definitely agree with this. Isn't it odd that agenda-driven scientists usually prove whatever it is they are paid to prove?

Thats the whole manmade global warming scam. ITs a money grab. Sure their is a climate change going on. But there has been climate changes going on on this planet for billions of years. How are we as humans, who have only been here for about 10000 years and have only begun using the supposedly "harmful" equipment for only about 200 years going to possibly change the whole system that has remained intact for billions of years?

It's just another way to raise taxes on stupid people that think we need to save the world and on the rest of us that know the government makes up anything to raise taxes. It's also scientists who know that in order to set themselves for life, they need to get those big research grants and in order to get them, the politicians want to hear the world is ending.

Gunny
02-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Thats the whole manmade global warming scam. ITs a money grab. Sure their is a climate change going on. But there has been climate changes going on on this planet for billions of years. How are we as humans, who have only been here for about 10000 years and have only begun using the supposedly "harmful" equipment for only about 200 years going to possibly change the whole system that has remained intact for billions of years?

It's just another way to raise taxes on stupid people that think we need to save the world and on the rest of us that know the government makes up anything to raise taxes. It's also scientists who know that in order to set themselves for life, they need to get those big research grants and in order to get them, the politicians want to hear the world is ending.

If you look at my initial response, we are pretty-much in agreement, except that I don't absolutely rule out that global warming is man-made. I just want to see some REAL evidence to support it before I am going to change to opinion from it being cyclical change in the Earth's climate.

And yeah, it's DEFINITELY about taxes and scientific research grants. Too bad too. A lot of questions are there ... too bad we can't get any straight answers to them.