PDA

View Full Version : How soon after a death would you re-marry?

jimnyc
01-30-2020, 10:40 AM
If at all?

If me, I know I likely 'could' but I doubt that I would. Maybe if in my teens or twenties... but after being married for 25 years and being 51yrs old, it just wouldn't be right or feel right.

The "Dog" here stated after his wife died that he would never even marry again. He said there would only ever be on "Mrs. Chapman". But then was dating someone a few weeks later. I don't think I could be out dating someone within a few short months of losing my wife. But that IS his choice and his alone to make.

But what about you? How ya think you would handle? (and I hope no one here ever has to face that) :(

--

Dog The Bounty Hunter Appears To Propose To Girlfriend 7 Months After Wife’s Death

Duane “Dog The Bounty Hunter” Chapman definitely created quite a stir after it appeared as if he proposed to his girlfriend, Moon Angell, seven months after his wife’s death.

It all reportedly started after the rumored pair sat down for an upcoming episode of “The Dr. Oz Show.” In the preview clip floating around, the 66-year-old bounty hunter shared that he’s “a lot happier with her around” after his wife, Beth Chapman’s death, per Yahoo.com in a piece published Wednesday. The full piece airs Monday.

The tweet with the clip read, “A marriage proposal? After weeks of family turmoil, @DogBountyHunter and Moon Angell join me to set the record straight.”

“I am a lot happier with her around,” the Duane said on the clip.

Angell then adds, “I have lots of enemies right now.”

“Moon Angell, will you marry me?” Chapman then asks, before the clip cuts out.

Shortly after the piece showed up on social media, TMZ reported that sources close to the family said the proposal was “not legit.”

Dog was apparently “overly emotional and got caught up in the moment. We’re told he did not give her a ring during the taping, and they are not engaged.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/29/dog-the-bounty-hunter-appears-propose-girlfriend/

Abbey Marie
01-30-2020, 10:48 AM
If I was dead, it would be very hard for me to remarry.

J/k!

I highly doubt I would ever ​remarry...

STTAB
01-30-2020, 11:26 AM
I thought this son of a bitch said he didn't want to live without his wife just a month ago?

I've already told my wife that if she passes I'm marrying her cousin who looks exactly like her but ten years younger.

In all seriousness though, if she passed I'd probably eventually date , that's just natural , but when it came time to even think about marriage I would always compare the woman to the memory of who my wife was and realize they don't measure up, no woman could.

As for my wife remarrying, well if I pass first she will be obligated to throw herself onto the funeral pyre . So that's not happening.

What, we have a very traditional marriage :laugh:

hjmick
01-30-2020, 03:38 PM
Honey,” asked the wife. “What would you do if I died?”
Why dear, I would be extremely upset,” said the husband. “Why do you ask such a question?”
Would you remarry’?” persevered the wife. No, of course not, dear” said the husband. Don’t you like being married?” asked the wife. Of course I do, dear” he said. Then why wouldn’t you remarry’?” All right,” said the husband, “I’d remarry.” You would?” said the wife, looking vaguely hurt. Yes,” said the husband. Would you sleep with her in our bed?” asked the wife.
After a long pause. “Well, yes, I suppose I would,” replied the husband.
I see,” said the wife indignantly. “And would you let her wear my old clothes?” I suppose, if she wanted to,” said the husband. Really,” said the wife icily. “And would you take down the pictures of me and replace them with pictures of her?” Yes. I think that would be the correct thing to do.” Is that so?” said the wife, leaping to her feet. “And I suppose you’d let her play with my golf clubs, tool?” Of course not, dear,” said the husband. “She’s left- handed

Hot Dogger
01-30-2020, 08:22 PM
After I die I plan on dating quite a bit, but after a bit I reckon I'll find a nice ghoul and settle down.

SassyLady
01-30-2020, 10:07 PM
I've been alone 10 years .... I don't "need" to be with someone. However, if I met the right person and it seemed like a good idea I might marry again. It's not something I feel the need to do, though.

PostmodernProphet
01-30-2020, 11:41 PM
guy from our church remarried about six months after his wife died of cancer........

so my wife asked me if I would do that.......

I said, heck no......I'd want to enjoy the peace and quiet for a lot longer than that........

Abbey Marie
01-31-2020, 12:32 AM
guy from our church remarried about six months after his wife died of cancer........

so my wife asked me if I would do that.......

I said, heck no......I'd want to enjoy the peace and quiet for a lot longer than that........

:no:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-31-2020, 02:00 PM
I've been alone 10 years .... I don't "need" to be with someone. However, if I met the right person and it seemed like a good idea I might marry again. It's not something I feel the need to do, though.
Yup... I've been single and lived alone for 33 years. That's my norm. If someone was around me 24/7 under the same roof, I have no doubt in my mind that it wouldn't work out.

icansayit
01-31-2020, 07:35 PM
Honey,” asked the wife. “What would you do if I died?”
Why dear, I would be extremely upset,” said the husband. “Why do you ask such a question?”
Would you remarry’?” persevered the wife. No, of course not, dear” said the husband. Don’t you like being married?” asked the wife. Of course I do, dear” he said. Then why wouldn’t you remarry’?” All right,” said the husband, “I’d remarry.” You would?” said the wife, looking vaguely hurt. Yes,” said the husband. Would you sleep with her in our bed?” asked the wife.
After a long pause. “Well, yes, I suppose I would,” replied the husband.
I see,” said the wife indignantly. “And would you let her wear my old clothes?” I suppose, if she wanted to,” said the husband. Really,” said the wife icily. “And would you take down the pictures of me and replace them with pictures of her?” Yes. I think that would be the correct thing to do.” Is that so?” said the wife, leaping to her feet. “And I suppose you’d let her play with my golf clubs, tool?” Of course not, dear,” said the husband. “She’s left- handed

I think I remember Jimmy Stewart telling that one on the Johnny Carson show. As for me. No way. See How Walter-Jeff Dunham talks about it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7en_MWDDjc

NT'sGirl
02-01-2020, 11:41 AM
For 10 years after Mark died I was very casually in as non committed relationships as I could find if any it really did not seem all that important.
One day I happened to be invited to a birthday party and became the best Bday present he ever received lol ... by no means was I looking for, wanting or needing a long term relationship, it just happened. It happened REALLY fast.

Gunny
02-01-2020, 06:12 PM
I'm trying to divorce "death" and "re-marriage". One sounds like the other to me :laugh:

SassyLady
02-01-2020, 08:34 PM
When I was on the board of Family Support Group for the Battalion, three of the 5 of us had breast cancer. All three husbands remarried in less than 12 months after their spouse died. I think the devastation of the cancer made them feel their wives had died years earlier than the actual death. They had been grieving since the diagnosis. All 3 took more than 5 years from diagnosis to death. I admire the husbands for never abandoning them .... it was rough times for all.