PDA

View Full Version : GOP Senators Confident No New Witnesses, Schumer Concedes Likely Defeat

jimnyc
01-30-2020, 04:49 PM
Gonna be crazy if this happens. The liberals will go nutso and the MSM will be declaring cover up and all kinds of other crap for months to come.

I'll still believe it when Roberts gavel hits the block.

--

GOP Senators Confident No New Witnesses, Schumer Concedes Likely Defeat

Senate Republicans expressed optimism that they will defeat an upcoming vote for additional witnesses and end U.S. President Donald Trump’s Senate impeachment trial later this week.

“I’m optimistic,” Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), the former Republican whip, said, referring to defeating the motion to bring in new witnesses, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) conceded on Wednesday that winning the four Republicans they need to allow additional witnesses to testify is “unlikely,” the New York Times revealed.

“We’ve always known it will be an uphill fight on witnesses and documents, because the president and [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell [R-KY] put huge pressure on these folks,” Schumer declared during a break in the impeachment trial on Wednesday.

Senate Majority Whip John Thune (R-SD) said, according to CNN:

I think the facts are all out there. I don’t think that anything that [Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton is] going to say changes the facts … I think people kind of know what the fact pattern is.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/30/gop-senators-confident-no-new-witnesses-schumer-concedes-likely-defeat/

Exclusive – Rick Scott: Senate to ‘Hopefully’ Acquit Trump by Friday Night

Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview Thursday that he believes that the Senate will most likely be able to acquit President Donald Trump by Friday night.

Scott spoke to Breitbart News before the Senate began its second day of asking the House Democrat impeachment managers and Trump’s legal counsel questions regarding the articles of impeachment laid against the president. Democrats charged Trump with abusing the office of the presidency and obstructing Congress.

Democrats have also lobbied the Senate to vote for additional witnesses, especially former National Security Adviser John Bolton after leaks from his book alleged that Trump tied foreign national security aid to an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

Scott said that he believes that the call for additional witnesses serves as part of a strategy to cover up for Joe Biden’s presidential campaign.

“I think this is just a cover-up for Joe Biden. Think about it. Why did they hold it for 33 days? By holding it they kept Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren off the campaign trail. I think that probably helps Joe Biden. I think if you look at their whole case — how much they talked about the Bidens, I think that they’re trying to clean up his problem. I mean he’s got big problems. I mean he brags about getting rid of a prosecutor. He held up federal money; he bragged about it. To get rid of a prosecutor, he was getting paid $83,000 a month for it,” Scott told Breitbart News.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/30/exclusive-rick-scott-senate-to-hopefully-acquit-trump-by-friday-night/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/witnesses-trump-impeachment-trial-end-quickly-gop-sources/story?id=68639038&cid=social_twitter_abcn