PDA

View Full Version : Been Watching Some FOX AND FRIENDS...

High_Plains_Drifter
02-01-2020, 09:04 AM
... yesterday and today, mostly with the TV on MUTE 98% of the time, but I'm simply astounded by the number of HEAVY girls in these band and cheer leading squads. I mean there are some outright TUBS.

When I graduated HS in 1973, fat people were an oddity. Out of my little graduating class of 66 people, there was ONE fat girl, and in our entire school, fat people were RARE.

Now, it seems as though being overweight is more common, even morbidly obese, and the fit people are the rarity. I don't see this trend reversing at any point either. The masses are getting fatter and fatter all the time. Sooner or later this is going to be a health care pandemic.

Gym Class Is Dead—But Long Live Physical Education

https://ihtusa.com/gym-class-is-dead-but-long-live-physical-education/ (https://ihtusa.com/gym-class-is-dead-but-long-live-physical-education/)

Gunny
02-01-2020, 06:10 PM
People were not as big nor overweight when we were kids as they are now. I blame fast food and over-indulgence. It wasn't our lifestyle. Eating out was a REAL treat, treated almost with reverence and awe. Real food is nowhere near as fattening as processed crap.

Then there's the fact our time in front of a tv was maybe an hour a day. Maybe. Prime time. We were always outside busting ass, work or play and if we were hot into a football/basketball/baseball game (playing not watching), or wrestling or jumping shitcans with our bikes our climbing the water towers or ... etc we forgot about tv. We'd roll in last minute for bath and bed. Kids now act like going as far outside as the back yard is a journey.

If the shit ever hits the fan, these people won't have a chance. Take away the cell and Amazon delivery and they're done.

icansayit
02-01-2020, 07:17 PM
People were not as big nor overweight when we were kids as they are now. I blame fast food and over-indulgence. It wasn't our lifestyle. Eating out was a REAL treat, treated almost with reverence and awe. Real food is nowhere near as fattening as processed crap.

Then there's the fact our time in front of a tv was maybe an hour a day. Maybe. Prime time. We were always outside busting ass, work or play and if we were hot into a football/basketball/baseball game (playing not watching), or wrestling or jumping shitcans with our bikes our climbing the water towers or ... etc we forgot about tv. We'd roll in last minute for bath and bed. Kids now act like going as far outside as the back yard is a journey.

If the shit ever hits the fan, these people won't have a chance. Take away the cell and Amazon delivery and they're done.

If that SHF comes soon. This whole country will soon disappear.
Large percentage of the entire population walks around like they're only half there most of the time. If our power grid ever Drops. We're TOAST. No electricity for this country would be like no AIR, and no WATER for us...and Tyranny will become the norm. Hope I'm not still here when the SHIT HITS THE WESTINGHOUSE. The crying, and murder rates will go so high...That's another story for another time.

Gunny
02-01-2020, 07:43 PM
If that SHF comes soon. This whole country will soon disappear.
Large percentage of the entire population walks around like they're only half there most of the time. If our power grid ever Drops. We're TOAST. No electricity for this country would be like no AIR, and no WATER for us...and Tyranny will become the norm. Hope I'm not still here when the SHIT HITS THE WESTINGHOUSE. The crying, and murder rates will go so high...That's another story for another time.

Criminals love power outages almost as much as they do gun control.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-01-2020, 09:30 PM

All true.

Yeah one of the worst punishments ever for me was being grounded to the house. I once told my Ma that being made to stay in the house was like torture. After she heard that she relented and let me go outside.

Now, it's the exact opposite, and it's even happening with my grandson. My son tells me he has to MAKE his 9 year old son go outside, otherwise he'll sit in the house.

Abbey Marie
02-02-2020, 09:22 AM
I wish our next door neighbor’s kids would stay inside, lol. They are always outside yelling and making all kinds of noise. All day. In fact, they were already outside playing driveway basketball at 8:45 am, And it’s Sunday. I always think to myself- do you ever pick up a book?

:rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 09:28 AM
I wish our next door neighbor’s kids would stay inside, lol. They are always outside yelling and making all kinds of noise. All day. In fact, they were already outside playing driveway basketball at 8:45 am, And it’s Sunday. I always think to myself- do you ever pick up a book?

:rolleyes:
I guess I really lucked out in that regard. My neighborhood is like The Palms in FL or something, it's more mature people, some quite elderly, and there aren't any kids anywhere... :thumb:

But, and thankfully far enough away, we do have an outdoor dog or two around that at times have a barking problem. To me, that's one of the most disrespectful things a person can do to his neighbors, is have a loud dog outside that CONSTANTLY barks.

NightTrain
02-02-2020, 10:27 AM
But, and thankfully far enough away, we do an outdoor dog here and there that at times have a barking problem. To me, that's one of the most disrespectful things a person can do to his neighbors, is have a loud dog outside that CONSTANTLY barks.

For me, this is THE most irritating thing ever. It's so unnecessary and so easy to correct.

There's probably 50 dogs within earshot of my house, and when there's a moose or bear in the area you'll hear all of them.

But, there's one stupid dog back behind my house on the next street over that barks. He barks because he's bored. His owner is too stupid to correct that behavior and evidently thinks it's just fine.

During winter you still can't see any houses over there due to trees, but on a quiet winter day you can hear a normal conversation very clearly. And a stupid dog barking nonstop for hours.

One of his immediate neighbors finally had enough and went outside & started yelling at the idiot dog, who was grateful for something to actually bark at, and redoubling his barking efforts.

Pissed off chick : Shut up, you dumb sonafabitch!

Dog : Borf! Borf! BorfBorfBorf!

Chick : What the fuck is wrong with you? Shut up!!

Dog : BorfBorfBorfBorfBorfBorfBorfBorf!

Stupid Dog's Owner : Hey, quit yelling at my dog!

Chick : Shut him up, you prick! I'm tired of hearing your retarded fucking dog barking all day and night!

Stupid Dog's Owner : Dogs bark! It's normal!

Chick : No it's not, you dumb mf'r! No one's dog in this whole subdivision does that except yours! Fix it before I have Animal Control come take it away!

Stupid Dog's Owner : He just likes to bark!

Chick : I know! We all know he loves barking! He's fucking mental and so are you! I'm sick of it! Train your dog! FIX IT NOW!! *SLAM!*

And that was the very last time we heard that damn dog... it's been very nice.

I was about to go over and offer to go in halves on one of those bark collars that zap the dog every time it barks. I've heard they're very effective.

Abbey Marie
02-02-2020, 10:42 AM
Russ bought me some Bose noise-cancelling headphones a couple of years ago. Best. Gift. Ever.
They are quite literally life savers, as they keep my blood pressure down when the kids are driving me crazy.
They also make listening to music sweet.
I’d highly recommend them to everyone.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 03:26 PM
Russ bought me some Bose noise-cancelling headphones a couple of years ago. Best. Gift. Ever.
They are quite literally life savers, as they keep my blood pressure down when the kids are driving me crazy.
They also make listening to music sweet.
I’d highly recommend them to everyone.
Glad they work so well Abbs... :beer:

I was never big Bose fan, but I think they have made some ground breaking innovations in sound, and the premium sound system in the GM vehicles is made by Bose, and I'll have to say, it's a dang sight better sounding than the stock GM stereo. The subwoofer will shake the whole vehicle. You can even feel it in the floor boards when you're driving.

Gunny
02-02-2020, 07:15 PM
All true.

Yeah one of the worst punishments ever for me was being grounded to the house. I once told my Ma that being made to stay in the house was like torture. After she heard that she relented and let me go outside.

Now, it's the exact opposite, and it's even happening with my grandson. My son tells me he has to MAKE his 9 year old son go outside, otherwise he'll sit in the house.THAT was torture. Stuck in the house for days? And in my family, restriction meant "books only" as any form of entertainment. No TV. No 5 minutes on the phone that hung on the kitchen wall. Chores, reading and school.

I never bitched though. By the time my parents figured out that I'd take all the whippings they could dish out and hit the ground running but restriction was killer, I was old enough to let them know it wasn't happening. Needless to say, my real father was out f the picture by then or I'd have said no such thing. I place a little higher value on my ass than THAT :laugh:

But yeah, grounded to your room is a treat nowadays. It gets you out of their hair, and you can't blame anyone but yourself for sending them to their rooms. If I want to torture them? I make them stay downstairs with us :halo9: