PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Watchers?

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 04:15 PM
At home or out?

Staying in myself. Heard on the news that the Flu season is still in full swing here in Wisconsin and would just rather not sit in a tavern with people sneezing and coughing and whatnot. Never really did like anywhere that was packed anyway.

Going to watch the game at home on the big screen 4K and surround. I hear it's the first broadcast in Ultra HD. Turn the surround sound up like I'm there... :thumb:

Abbey Marie
02-02-2020, 04:51 PM
I will chow down on goodies and half–watch. At home.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 04:57 PM
I will chow down on goodies and half–watch. At home.
I'm still out in the shop right now jammin' on Amazon Music, but I'll hit the house later. Got a massive mess out here I'm cleaning up from kitchen renovations stripping decades of layers of old paint off kitchen cupboards, and sanding, and staining...

I think pizza and beer go good with the Super Bowl... :beer:

jimnyc
02-02-2020, 05:11 PM
Oh yeah, I'll be there!

Enjoying the fact that yesterday Troy Polamalu was elected to the pro football HOF on his first try!! Go Steelers! :)

But tonight should be a good game, I think and hope! I'm hoping for a lot of scoring and I'm pulling for KC and Mahomes in this one.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 05:14 PM
Oh yeah, I'll be there!

Enjoying the fact that yesterday Troy Polamalu was elected to the pro football HOF on his first try!! Go Steelers! :)

But tonight should be a good game, I think and hope! I'm hoping for a lot of scoring and I'm pulling for KC and Mahomes in this one.
I have no dog in the fight, other than I hate anything SF... so I'm pullin' for the 49'ners... ;)

Gunny
02-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Best game I've seen in 30 years. The 1970 NFC Championship between the Cowboys and 49ers. Today's ref's would have had strokes and died on the field throwing flags the way they do now back then.

I might watch the SB Dallas played against Miami in 71. Never have seen it. Lived on the island of Crete at the time and AFRTS decided to play the game 2 weeks later during the school day at the NCO Club.

I haven't even had the SB on as background since the Steelers beat the Seagulls.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 07:55 PM
All I can say is... I hope I have 0 - 0 as my numbers on the football pool at the bar. Pays $400 for the half... ;)

PostmodernProphet
02-02-2020, 08:32 PM
enjoying the game but I guess I'm getting old......don't understand half the commercials......

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Damn it... KC is getting beat... I wanted them to kick some Californian butt.

Edit: Closer game now... 20 to 17... COME ON KC!

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 09:55 PM
YEAH BABY... KC 24 - 20!!!

Now they need to HOLD IT!

Abbey Marie
02-02-2020, 10:01 PM
A stripper pole at the Super Bowl? Unreal. :(

High_Plains_Drifter
02-02-2020, 10:04 PM
GOOD NIGHT SAN FRANQUEERCO... it's KANSAS CITIES NIGHT TONIGHT!!

Gunny
02-03-2020, 09:28 PM
GOOD NIGHT SAN FRANQUEERCO... it's KANSAS CITIES NIGHT TONIGHT!!I'm sure Colon Kaeperdick is telling how he would have won it :rolleyes: