PDA

View Full Version : *Algeria Isn't Muslim Enough For OBL*

chesswarsnow
09-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Algeria is a Muslim Nation, a typical hell hole.
2. And yet OBL sees fit to bomb it, with some drones.
3. Now drones are expendable sub-humans.
4. And all OBL has to do is say, "Hey who wants to die for allah today?"

5. Damn dumb as drones say, "I Do!":dance:

6. Read this:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/09/09/ap4096692.html

"

Group Claims Algeria Bombings
By HASSANE MEFTAHI 09.09.07, 6:43 AM ET

ALGIERS, Algeria - Al-Qaida's North African affiliate claimed responsibility Sunday for a car bombing that killed 30 coast guard officers and another recent blast that ripped through a crowd waiting for the president.

In Saturday's blast, explosives planted in a van ripped through barracks in the northern coastal town of Dellys, about 30 miles from the capital, Algiers. The bombing appeared timed to kill as many officers as possible when they were grouped together to raise the flag.

Al-Qaida in Islamic North Africa claimed responsibility in a statement posted on the group's Web site, and it said it also was behind a blast Thursday that killed at least 22 in eastern Algeria.

"We swear to God to continue sacrificing our lives until you stop supporting the crusaders in their war, apply the Islamic tenet and stop your war against God's religion," the group said in the statement.

Al-Qaida in Islamic North Africa has carried out a spate of recent bombings that have shattered the Algerian government's efforts - successful until recently - to restore calm after a 15-year Islamist insurgency.

The government has responded by intensifying military crackdowns on Islamic militants hiding out in remote scrubland. Interior Minister Noureddine Yazid Zerhouni warned terrorists Friday that they have "one choice: Turn themselves in, or die."

Saturday's bombing killed 30 coast guards, the Interior Minister said. Dozens were injured. It was Algeria's deadliest attack since April, when triple suicide bombings against the prime minister's office and a police station killed 32.

In New York, Jean-Maurice Ripert, France's ambassador to the U.N. and president of the U.N. Security Council, condemned the bombing, calling it a "heinous terrorist attack."

Thursday's bombing struck a crowd of people waiting to see visiting President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, who has devoted his eight years in office to ending violence by insurgents. His government is also a staunch U.S. ally in the war against terror.

Al-Qaida in Islamic North Africa said the bomber "carried out a suicide attack with his explosive belt ... targeting Bouteflika during his visit to the town but unable to reach him, he exploded himself amid the security men."

Algeria's insurgency broke out in 1992 after the army canceled elections that a now-banned Islamic party was poised to win. Up to 200,000 people were killed in the ensuing violence.

Widespread killings were on the wane until this year, when the Algerian militant group Salafist Group for Call and Combat, or GSPC, officially linked up with al-Qaida, taking the name al-Qaida in Islamic North Africa.

The group claimed responsibility for the triple suicide attacks in April and another blast in July, when a suicide bomber blew up a truck inside a military encampment, killing 10 soldiers. The militants have also killed foreigners in smaller-scale attacks.

Over the years, the government has offered amnesty to reformed militants while waging tough military operations against those who refused them - a strategy Bouteflika pledges will reconcile the nation.

Those tactics dramatically reduced the number of fighters, and the GSPC may have joined up with al-Qaida partly as a way to survive and attract a new generation of fighters.

"To recruit, they can say, we are in international jihad, we need to help our brothers in Iraq, and Afghanistan, not just fight in Algeria," said Louis Caprioli, the former assistant director of France's DST counterintelligence agency, who now works for risk-management company Geos.

Despite the wave of recent attacks, Algerian officials have repeatedly insisted that al-Qaida in Islamic North Africa is riven with internal disputes and ready to implode.

Prime Minister Abdelaziz Belkhadem said Saturday that terrorism was in "decline" in Algeria, and that militants "have never succeeded, in 17 years, in their desperate need to strike at the country's stability."

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

jafar00
09-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Algeria has been fighting the Salafist (wahhabis) for decades. I don't see the US going in to help them. I guess the "War on Terror" only applies to some of the terrorists.

chesswarsnow
09-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I am not against going into Algeria and doing a what do you say, scrafe run.
2. Carpet bomb a few cites you know.:pee:
3. Just to make sure we get the terrorists.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

jafar00
09-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I am not against going into Algeria and doing a what do you say, scrafe run.
2. Carpet bomb a few cites you know.:pee:
3. Just to make sure we get the terrorists.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Except these terrorists are not in the cities or towns. They are still stuck out in the desert because people like my father and mother in law took up arms against them.
My cousins over there are still at it.