PDA

View Full Version : The Next President

Guernicaa
09-09-2007, 11:56 AM
What party will the next president be from?

If you had to guess...

And please, don't just pick "Independent" because thats what you are...Pick what party you think will most likely take the white house in 2008.

REDWHITEBLUE2
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I think the Republicans will win the whitehouse only because the southern rednecks will never vote for a female or black for president

retiredman
09-09-2007, 01:00 PM
the country HATES the current president, and his skunk stench permeates the entire republican primary field. It IS time for a change.

Rudy is the front runner and I don't think you will get the bible thumping religious right to come out to vote for a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control New York moderate.

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
the country HATES the current president, and his skunk stench permeates the entire republican primary field. It IS time for a change.

Speak for yourself and your delusional, liberal nutcases. Plenty approve of his job, and many that wish he could do a better job don't "hate" him. I'll guarantee more people hate the way the liberals can only grasp rhetoric more than they hate a sitting president of the USA.

retiredman
09-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Speak for yourself and your delusional, liberal nutcases. Plenty approve of his job, and many that wish he could do a better job don't "hate" him. I'll guarantee more people hate the way the liberals can only grasp rhetoric more than they hate a sitting president of the USA.

I guess you haven't checked his approval ratings lately?

If by PLENTY, you mean less than three out of ten....then yeah.... I guess plenty of Americans think he is a simply marvelous president...and I am sure that same group of folks think he has done a simply marvelous job fighting this simply marvelous war in Iraq.

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I guess you haven't checked his approval ratings lately?

If by PLENTY, you mean less than three out of ten....then yeah.... I guess plenty of Americans think he is a simply marvelous president...and I am sure that same group of folks think he has done a simply marvelous job fighting this simply marvelous war in Iraq.

Thanks for proving my point about the "rhetoric".

Now why not backup your statement that America "hates" the president. Not that they disapprove of things he has done, but that they hate him.

As you say, I'll wait...

retiredman
09-09-2007, 01:13 PM
wow.... I really hope that the "hyperbole police" are non-partisan on DP.com.

retiredman
09-09-2007, 01:14 PM
but given the political persuasions of admins and owners, I won't hold my breath

glockmail
09-09-2007, 01:21 PM
wow.... I really hope that the "hyperbole police" are non-partisan on DP.com.

but given the political persuasions of admins and owners, I won't hold my breath More insults and deflections. Whouda thunk?:slap:

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 01:22 PM
but given the political persuasions of admins and owners, I won't hold my breath

Given that you don't like to be called a liar, and you just LIED, I would expect you to either provide backup to your statement or stand correctly accused of lying.

Your choice. But hey, go ahead and whine when someone calls your retarded statements to the floor!

Mr. P
09-09-2007, 01:26 PM
I think the Republicans will win the whitehouse only because the southern rednecks will never vote for a female or black for president

Not another bigoted idiot on the board? Geezzz, we did better, we elected Jimmy! :fu:

retiredman
09-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Given that you don't like to be called a liar, and you just LIED, I would expect you to either provide backup to your statement or stand correctly accused of lying.

Your choice. But hey, go ahead and whine when someone calls your retarded statements to the floor!

I have not seen the staff approach hyperbole with such vigor against those who are on the right. If I somehow missed, it, please forgive me.

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 01:32 PM
I have not seen the staff approach hyperbole with such vigor against those who are on the right. If I somehow missed, it, please forgive me.

#1 - I just asked you to leave staff out of your debates via PM. My position on staff has nothing to do with my debating. Now you get a public warning, continue in this fashion and you'll get a time out.

I approach all those who LIE equally.

Have a great day!

glockmail
09-09-2007, 01:33 PM
What a weenie. :pee: on maineman

retiredman
09-09-2007, 02:03 PM
What a weenie. :pee: on maineman

I liked you so much better when your avatar was that horsefaced pre-op tranny....it seemed so much more....appropriate!

-Cp
09-09-2007, 02:49 PM
the country HATES the current president, and his skunk stench permeates the entire republican primary field.

I'm not sure what version of Wonderland you live in, but Yeah.. "the country" hates him bad enough to vote him to TWO Terms....

http://images.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/elections2004/_images/2004countymap-final2.gif

To educate you, the Red counties are the ones who voted for Bush... Blue was for Kerry...

WoW - Look at all that HATRED!! LOL...

chesswarsnow
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry bout that,

Rudy is the front runner and I don't think you will get the bible thumping religious right to come out to vote for a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control New York moderate.

1. I hear Obama puts out quite a stench these days.
2. Commonly reported by his loving wife.
3. Oh man he doesn't need enemies to step up, just let his dear wife talk.
4. Hehehehehe,...........
5. She will piss away any of his hopes.:pee: Hussein Obama
6. Fred Thompson will win.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

glockmail
09-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I hear Obama puts out quite a stench these days.
2. Commonly reported by his loving wife.
3. Oh man he doesn't need enemies to step up, just let his dear wife talk.
4. Hehehehehe,...........
5. She will piss away any of his hopes.:pee:
6. Fred Thompson will win.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Fred's the only one with hope of beating Hillary, IMHO.

retiredman
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure what version of Wonderland you live in, but Yeah.. "the country" hates him bad enough to vote him to TWO Terms....

http://images.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/elections2004/_images/2004countymap-final2.gif

To educate you, the Red counties are the ones who voted for Bush... Blue was for Kerry...

oddly enough...the blue areas are when the people live, and the red areas are where the prairie dogs live. lol

Guernicaa
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
oddly enough...the blue areas are when the people live, and the red areas are where the prairie dogs live. lol
Exactly.

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM

Exactly.

Blue areas = where the people live
Red areas = no people

Yet red areas = Bush victory

Do the red areas count when a democrat wins the presidential election?

retiredman
09-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Blue areas = where the people live
Red areas = no people

Yet red areas = Bush victory

Do the red areas count when a democrat wins the presidential election?

of course they count...they counted when Bush won as well. the POINT is: if you look at the map, you would get the mistaken impression that the overwhelming majority of Americans were Bush voters.... I would venture to say that the map for 2000 did not look appreciably different, yet more Americans voted for Gore than voted for Bush.... on a map that was nearly all red.

The map is laid out according to geographic size, not population density.... but I will admit that it does look awfully red. Expand those counties to be equal in size to their relative population density and the map ceases to look all that red.

glockmail
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
:lol:
Looks like the section of Maine where you live is full of prairie dogs.

retiredman
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Looks like the section of Maine where you live is full of prairie dogs.

obviously, you don't have a clue where I live...but rest assured, it is not in either Piscataquis or Washington county

glockmail
09-09-2007, 08:26 PM
obviously, you don't have a clue where I live...but rest assured, it is not in either Piscataquis or Washington county So both those red couties are full of prarie dogs? Whouda thunk. I figgered it was too cold and wet up there.

-Cp
09-09-2007, 08:37 PM

Great... I guess another lie of liberalism - overpopulation - you just agreed with your statment, is a myth as well..

chesswarsnow
09-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But just looking at the map, it appears that The Republicans have about 80% of the Counties.
2. Damn thats got to hit you *Neoliberals* in the guts/nuts.
3. What will you do on this next election when we gain another 5%?
4. I think that you Libs, need to run faster, no body is believing your shtick.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

glockmail
09-09-2007, 11:07 PM
.... Libs don't have balls.

retiredman
09-09-2007, 11:54 PM
So both those red couties are full of prarie dogs? Whouda thunk. I figgered it was too cold and wet up there.

I should have known that the concept of "idiom" was too advanced for you.

retiredman
09-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But just looking at the map, it appears that The Republicans have about 80% of the Counties.
3. What will you do on this next election when we gain another 5%?
4. I think that you Libs, need to run faster, no body is believing your shtick.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

well....if 80% of the counties had 80% of the population, then your point might have some validity.

stephanie
09-10-2007, 02:18 AM

I love that map...
Cause everytime I hear a lib. try and convince(themselves I guess)..that we are a country that is turning more liberal than conservative.....

I just look at that map and :lmao:

JohnDoe
09-10-2007, 06:05 AM
I love that map...
Cause everytime I hear a lib. try and convince(themselves I guess)..that we are a country that is turning more liberal than conservative.....

I just look at that map and :lmao:

Why? Does that map represent the population, the people in the united states and I am missing something or does this map represent geographical regions? Do you think that zero people voted Democratic in the red regions and zero people voted Republican in the Blue regions?

I just don't understand how this map has ANY MEANING with the discussion up above if it does not represent population, which IT DOES NOT?

Are you guys just doing the circle jerk thingy and patting on the back thingy and hifive thingy to have fun or because you are bulls and love the color red or because you just have an innate hatred towards Democrats OR BECAUSE YOU DON'T OR CAN'T CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION OR DEBATE, on the subject or with the man from maine?

Just wondering Stephanie, and this is not just towards you, it truely isn't, because all of you have done the same thing... and maybe this is just something I am going to have to get used to on this site, but I hope not.... I hope people will be individuals and not do this gang up on thing and patting on the back thing, instead of actually debating issues.....and being civil. :(

jd

glockmail
09-10-2007, 07:33 AM
I should have known that the concept of "idiom" was too advanced for you. Obvious to me that you are a complete idiom. :lmao:

GW in Ohio
09-10-2007, 08:24 AM

You may be right about Bubba.

But Mrs. Bubba has sneaked a look at the Democratic debate while Bubba was out deer huntin' with the boys. She saw Hillary actin' presidential and liked what she saw.

She ain't tellin' Bubba, but she sees Senator Hillary as a role model.

theHawk
09-10-2007, 08:37 AM
You may be right about Bubba.

But Mrs. Bubba has sneaked a look at the Democratic debate while Bubba was out deer huntin' with the boys. She saw Hillary actin' presidential and liked what she saw.

She ain't tellin' Bubba, but she sees Senator Hillary as a role model.

Yea, I'm sure all they really admire a woman who lets her husband run around cheating on her.

GW in Ohio
09-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Yea, I'm sure all they really admire a woman who lets her husband run around cheating on her.

Well, I don't know there, Mr. Hawk.

I kinda admire the way Mr. Hillary managed to get a little on the side and still run the country.

Y'know?

glockmail
09-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Again, look at it with respect to Democrats giving zero value to morals, as GW freely admits. Why wouldn't they still admire Hillary?

Hagbard Celine
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM

And by "plenty" you mean you and the four or five other people who moderate this message board right?

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 09:40 AM
And by "plenty" you mean you and the four or five other people who moderate this message board right?

I thought you were brighter than this, Hag, but I was wrong. Are you really too stupid to understand approximately 30% does not equate to the levels you imply? Do you also get your daily rhetoric from Ms. Sheehan and Co.?

GW in Ohio
09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I thought you were brighter than this, Hag, but I was wrong. Are you really too stupid to understand approximately 30% does not equate to the levels you imply? Do you also get your daily rhetoric from Ms. Sheehan and Co.?

Jimmy: If you do not comprehend that a full 70% of the American people think Mr. Bush is a complete nincompoop, it does not speak well for your political acumen.

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Jimmy: If you do not comprehend that a full 70% of the American people think Mr. Bush is a complete nincompoop, it does not speak well for your political acumen.

There are various things that go into the total approval ratings. Quite a few he has scored higher while a few remain low. Nonetheless, disapproval with his performance does not equate to thinking him a "nincompoop".

You do realize your continued use of rhetoric is indicative of your party, and that even nincompoops laugh at the rhetoric, no?

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM

I kinda admire the way Mr. Hillary managed to get a little on the side and still run the country.

Y'know?

Sad, but expected.

GW in Ohio
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Sad, but expected.

Thanks, Abbey. I try not to disappoint.

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks, Abbey. I try not to disappoint.

Aw, come on GW, disappoint us. Just once! :laugh2:

09-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Y'know?

That tells us more about your lack of character than it does about the voting habits of southern women.

bullypulpit
09-11-2007, 08:18 AM

And cross dressing. You forgot cross dressing.

jimnyc
09-11-2007, 08:24 AM

I like to see a hot woman wearing a man's boxer shorts. But I DO NOT want to EVER see a man wearing panties! :laugh2:

retiredman
09-11-2007, 08:38 AM

you're right. I DID forget cross dressing. Can you just imagine the great campaign ads using images from that skit?

and I also forgot philandering, serial adulterer.

09-11-2007, 04:44 PM
you're right. I DID forget cross dressing. Can you just imagine the great campaign ads using images from that skit?

and I also forgot philandering, serial adulterer.

Honestly, I think you are blowing the cross dressing thing out of proportions. I dont think there is a person out there that is really going to care that Rudy was in a skit dressed as a woman.

Now if he was dressed as a woman trolling for men in the airport mens room... thats a different story. But a skit? Please dont insult the intelligence of the American people.

If Republicans oppose Rudy, its going to be because of his policies not because he once tried to make people laugh by dressing up as a woman in a skit.