PDA

View Full Version : President Trump Tweet Storm Presidential Authority

jimnyc
02-19-2020, 05:49 PM
I don't know if there is anything to the latest stories that Barr is thinking about resigning. His spokeswoman has now officially come out and said that the AG has no plans to resign. But we know how those things go. But what nags me, is that he has asked Trump to stop that it's making his job harder. And he goes and continues anyway. Now whether or not Barr truly cares when he said that stuff nor not is another story, but even the appearance of any interference isn't good. And, not only does it have the potential to have Barr resign, it also gives the Dems more ammo to impeach him knowing those dipshits.

--

“There Must be JUSTICE”: President Trump Morning Tweet Storm About AG Barr and DOJ Asserts Presidential Authority

President Trump went on a tweet storm Wednesday morning, firing off a comment and over a dozen retweets within an hour, mostly retweets of Congressional allies and conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch. The tweet storm follows the leaks Tuesday night to the media that Barr was considering resigning over Trump’s tweets, which he had complained about in a recent interview. A Barr spokeswoman said late Tuesday night Barr was “has no plans to resign”.

The retweets were generally supportive of Barr, with some urging stronger actions by him, but some also asserted Trump’s role of ultimate boss of the Justice Department as the President.

Trump is apparently showing that his tweets must be answered by Barr with action, not complaints and leaks to the media.

Even as Barr has complained about Trump’s tweets hurting his ability to oversee the Justice Department, both he and Trump have been under heavy assault by the Deep State this week: An emergency meeting of Federal judges is planned for Wednesday afternoon about Trump’s comments and Barr’s intervention in the Roger Stone case sentencing and a letter now signed by over 2000 former DOJ attorneys and staffers calling in Barr to resign.

Trump’s first tweet proclaimed, “There must be JUSTICE. This can never happen to a President, or our Country, again!” He followed with over a dozen retweets, several of which asserted Trump’s authority over the Justice Department with one citing previous presidents in recent history who intervened in cases and gave orders to the DOJ.

Significantly, Trump retweeted Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton who called on Barr to clean house and suggested Trump appoint a special counsel, “Barr should clean house at DOJ…@realDonalldTrump (sic),was the victim of a seditious conspiracy out of DOJ/FBI, etc. President Trump can also appoint a special counsel directly.”

Trump kicked off the tweet storm keying off Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) who tweeted, “There are high expectations that the Justice Dept will very soon deliver transparency & ACCOUNTABILITY regarding DOJ/FBI officials who weaponized the awesome powers at their disposal in order to target the Trump campaign. Frustrated Americans demand justice! ⚖️ It’s LONG overdue!”

Trump said in response, “There must be JUSTICE. This can never happen to a President, or our Country, again!”

Trump followed by retweeting two Zeldin posts from a Monday, including one that defended Barr, “Angry is a big time understatement. Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler should be stripped of their gavels and the Dems should be removed from power in Nov for their corrupt, rigged, rushed impeachment, hijacking Congress to appease a radical activist liberal base. Angry? Buckle up!”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/02/there-must-be-justice-president-trump-morning-tweet-storm-about-ag-barr-and-doj-asserts-presidential-authority/

Reports: Barr Considering Resigning Over Trump Tweets, ‘Interference’ in DOJ… UPDATE: Spox Denies

Reports breaking Tuesday night by The Washington Post, later confirmed by CNN, ABC News and the Associated Press state that Attorney General William Barr has told associates he is considering resigning over President Trump’s tweets and ‘interference’ with the Department of Justice.

UPDATE: Barr spokeswoman Kerri Kupic tweeted, “Addressing Beltway rumors: The Attorney General has no plans to resign.”

One can parse the denial as “no plans to resign” not being the same as considering resigning, but that’s the statement.

CNN’s Kaitlan Collins reported, “CNN: Attorney General William Barr has considered resigning over President Trump’s interference with Justice Department matters, mainly his tweets, according to a source close to the situation.”

ABC News:

Just hours after President Donald Trump openly defied his public pleas to stop tweeting about criminal matters in the Justice Department, Attorney General Bill Barr told people close to Trump Tuesday that he is considering resigning over the tweets that Barr had previously told ABC News make it “impossible” to do his job, sources tell ABC News.

…In an exclusive interview with ABC News last week, Barr had warned Trump that his tweets about the DOJ, in particular the sentencing process of his former long-time advisor Roger Stone, were disrupting his ability to manage the department.

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody.” Barr said. “Whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial boards, or the president. I’m gonna do what I think is right. And, you know, the, I think the — I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”

The AP:

Attorney General William Barr has told people close to him he’s considering quitting his post after President Donald Trump wouldn’t heed his warning to stop tweeting about Justice Department cases, an administration official told The Associated Press…

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/02/reports-barr-considering-resigning-over-trump-tweets-interference-in-doj/

High_Plains_Drifter
02-19-2020, 06:05 PM
I'm behind Trump 100%. If Barr thinks he's not up to the job because the president TWEETS, then maybe Barr does need to go. We haven't seen him do SQUAT yet, and Trump IS his BOSS.

There has been GROSS CORRUPTION, so WTH is Barr doing... really? Where's the indictments? Why aren't people being exposed and prosecuted? WHY AREN'T PEOPLE GOING TO JAIL?

Myself, I don't like this last mealy mouthed crap coming from Barr. Maybe it is time for him to go.

Holder would have sent people to the GUILLOTINE at obama's request, so why is Barry bitching about OBVIOUS, PROVEN CORRUPTION and LAWLESSNESS that the president TWEETS ABOUT? Trump isn't TWEETING about things that AREN'T TRUE.

I'm not real keen on Barr right at the moment. We heard all this... HE'S BEYOND QUESTION OF THE UTMOST IMPECCABLE INTEGRITY about COMEY TOO, and we all know what kind of TURD he is.

Barr needs to QUIT WHINING about TWEETS and PROSECUTE OBVIOUS CORRUPTION, or I think he's just another lack luster somebody in a position that he CAN'T HANDLE.

But if the dems think that getting Barr to resign is somehow going to HELP them, I think they might have another bad thing coming, because Trump has been president for 3 years now and he's met a lot of people in Washington, and he probably knows a FIRE BRAND person that WILL run through Washington like a STEAM ROLLER. You can't tell me that NAMES HAVEN'T BEEN FLOATED to him and that he hasn't met them. So Barr should SUCK IT UP and GET TO WORK... SHOW SOME RESULTS... let's see if he can GET THE JOB DONE or he's just another lack luster poser that's going to protect the establishment or BUST IT UP.