PDA

View Full Version : Steelers romp way to 1-0 start

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Big Ben throws for 4 touchdowns. Willie Parker starts the year with 109 yards rushing. 4 different receivers get TD catches. The defense has 6 sacks, 2 INT's and 2 fumble recoveries.

Welcome to the head coaching of NFL, Mr. Tomlin, and congrats on your first Steelers victory!

And a big :fu:to OCA for implying this could have been an upset this week by Cleveland!

OCA
09-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Big Ben throws for 4 touchdowns. Willie Parker starts the year with 109 yards rushing. 4 different receivers get TD catches. The defense has 6 sacks, 2 INT's and 2 fumble recoveries.

Welcome to the head coaching of NFL, Mr. Tomlin, and congrats on your first Steelers victory!

And a big :fu:to OCA for implying this could have been an upset this week by Cleveland!

Glad I didn't have balls and take Cleveland, yowza!

5stringJeff
09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Houston is also 1-0, rolling over the pathetic Chiefs. :texflag:

OCA
09-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Houston is also 1-0, rolling over the pathetic Chiefs. :texflag:

I said they would be 3-13 this year, there is 1 of the 3.

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 08:14 PM
FWIW - Cleveland SUCKS!

CockySOB
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
FWIW, I heard that Big Ben was doing celebratory laps around the stadium after the game...

on a motorcycle....

without a helmet....

OCA
09-09-2007, 08:45 PM
FWIW - Cleveland SUCKS!

Yes, I watched that game and it was a case of Cleveland being really bad rather than Pittsburgh being really good.

jimnyc
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Yes, I watched that game and it was a case of Cleveland being really bad rather than Pittsburgh being really good.

Let's not go that far, sparky!

Ben's TD's were all sweet passes. Ward's TD catch was amazing, back of the end zone dragging his two toes in to score. Parker fought hard and EARNED his yardage on 29 carries. And there D was, as usual, all riled up and all over the place. I'm not saying Cleveland is some great team, but Pittsburgh did play a fantastic game today and spread the ball around and mixed it up well!

5stringJeff
09-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I said they would be 3-13 this year, there is 1 of the 3.

I think they'll be 9-7.

If you want to put money on it, we can split the difference at 6 wins. Heck, I'll spot you half a win and put the over/under at 6.5 wins. :)

Abbey Marie
09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Stupid cowgirls. :boom2:

darin
09-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Ben looked to be in great form, from the snippets I saw - Good win for the Stealers. :D

jackass
09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Stupid cowgirls. :boom2:

Hey..at least the Giants looked pretty good! If we could have stopped that dman Whitten guy in the beginning or if we scored that 2nd TD could have been a whole different game.
Sucked that they lost but I was happy with their performance for the most part.

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Hey..at least the Giants looked pretty good! If we could have stopped that dman Whitten guy in the beginning or if we scored that 2nd TD could have been a whole different game.

I was not only praying for a Giant loss, but was hoping Burress (the traitor) would make 1 catch for -18 yards and that Eli threw 8 interceptions.

Although I won this pick, the Giants offense looked pretty damn good. Both Eli and Burress had great games.

Roethlisberger, Eli & Romo all threw for 4 TD's yesterday and lead the league in TD passes after week 1!

darin
09-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Roethlisberger, Eli & Romo all threw for 4 TD's yesterday and lead the league in TD passes after week 1!

...course, Eli will STILL have 4 TD's 4 weeks from now ;)

:D

You guys see that Defensive-End-looking MOFO the Giants brought in? 6'5", 265lbs? something like that?

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM

Oh, I certainly hope so! :laugh2:

jackass
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM

You guys see that Defensive-End-looking MOFO the Giants brought in? 6'5", 265lbs? something like that?

you may be right! MOnday Night Countdown just reported that Eli had a seperated shoulder and may be out for 1 month.

Now I hope Rothlishitberger get hit by a bus and Hasselback is holding his hand! :finger3:

darin
09-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Oh, I certainly hope so! :laugh2:

No hope required - he's got a partially-torn shoulder ;)

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has a separated right shoulder and will be out at least a month.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20711842/

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Now I hope Rothlishitberger get hit by a bus and Hasselback is holding his hand! :finger3:

Why you filthy POS! I oughta come down to SC and stab you with a rusty spoon!

shattered
09-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Holy friggen geekdom. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/smoke.gif

darin
09-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Why you filthy POS! I oughta come down to SC and stab you with a rusty spoon!

Now I hope Rothlishitberger get hit by a bus and Hasselbeck is holding his hand! :finger3:

Jim - He fears us. That's okay. :)

Hasselbeck and Roeth...Reoth...Big Ben are among the top-tier QBs. :)

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 06:00 PM

True. It wasn't the rout that some people are making it out to be.

jackass
09-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Jim - He fears us. That's okay. :)

Hasselbeck and Roeth...Reoth...Big Ben are among the top-tier QBs. :)

Big ben maybe...Hasselback...I dont know about that...

darin
09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
We're talking about MATT hasselbeck...not Tim. Tim? All he has done is score a very hot wife. Matt? He won SB XL. :)

Player:Matt____________Ben
First downs:20_________14
Passing yards:259_______158
Int:1__________________2
Time of possession 33:02 26:58

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 07:07 PM

You forgot one!

Big Ben - 4 TD's
Matt - 1 TD

Just saying!

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 07:09 PM

Additionally, FWIW, your stats are wrong - neither QB threw an INT! Big Ben threw for 161yds and Matt threw for 222.

jackass
09-10-2007, 07:12 PM
We're talking about MATT hasselbeck...not Tim. Tim? All he has done is score a very hot wife. Matt? He won SB XL. :)

Hes a good solid QB. I wouldnt rate his as one of the best in the league though.

darin
09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Additionally, FWIW, your stats are wrong - neither QB threw an INT! Big Ben threw for 161yds and Matt threw for 222.

dude - I was talking about the superbowl ;)

darin
09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Hes a good solid QB. I wouldnt rate his as one of the best in the league though.

Why is Ben 'better'? Ben has more arm...tops. :)

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
dude - I was talking about the superbowl ;)

Oh, then in that case, you forgot the most telling stat of all - who won? :)

darin
09-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh, then in that case, you forgot the most telling stat of all - who won? :)

The shame is, the steelers didn't "win". They were given the game and forever and a day there will be a * next to 'Steelers' when listed as winners of the game ;)

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
The shame is, the steelers didn't "win". They were given the game and forever and a day there will be a * next to 'Steelers' when listed as winners of the game ;)

Only by those wearing Seahawk shaded sunglasses!

CockySOB
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM

Whitten showed his potential to be a big play-maker last year, adn he continues in great form this year. To be certain, he and Romo have a great chemistry along the lines of the Vick-Crumpler connection of the near past.

Talking of tight ends, I was shocked to hear about Tony Gonzales illness (Bell's Palsy) and am hoping he recovers. Gonzales has been my favorite tight end for the past 4-5 years, and is certainly one of the best to ever play the position.

darin
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Only by those wearing Seahawk shaded sunglasses!

By Seahawk-shaded glasses you mean "those steeped in reality"? :D

I seriously, after all this time, am shocked you can't admit the steelers were GIFTED the game. :)

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Why is Ben 'better'? Ben has more arm...tops. :)

Career Stats/Averages thus far:

QB Rating
Hasselbeck - 85.4
Roethlisberger - 88.9

Completion Percentage
Hasselbeck - 60.3
Roethlisberger - 62.2

Yards per game
Hasselbeck - 154.9
Roethlisberger - 206.7

Other stats aren't really fair since Hasselbeck is in his 9th year starting and Ben his 4th (total completions, yardage, TD's). I'd say their fairly similar statistically speaking thus far, although Ben gets a slight edge in YPG.

darin
09-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Try stats from the last 4 years. :)

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 08:36 PM
By Seahawk-shaded glasses you mean "those steeped in reality"? :D

I seriously, after all this time, am shocked you can't admit the steelers were GIFTED the game. :)

Honestly, I can't. I saw a few bad calls both ways. IMO - Ben no doubt scored on his leap. And the PI in the end zone on the 'Hawks was legit as replay clearly showed the WR pushing off right as he made his cut and the Steelers defender going onto his heels as a result. But their were a few penalties that shouldn't have been called on the 'Hawks too admittedly. But you can't deny Parkers 75yrd TD, nor how the Steelers got to the goal line even if you do dispute whether Ben broke the plane.

Close game, close stats, but there was no "gift" in my opinion.

darin
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Honestly, I can't. I saw a few bad calls both ways. IMO - Ben no doubt scored on his leap. And the PI in the end zone on the 'Hawks was legit as replay clearly showed the WR pushing off right as he made his cut and the Steelers defender going onto his heels as a result. But their were a few penalties that shouldn't have been called on the 'Hawks too admittedly. But you can't deny Parkers 75yrd TD, nor how the Steelers got to the goal line even if you do dispute whether Ben broke the plane.

Close game, close stats, but there was no "gift" in my opinion.

Wow...talk about tinted/colored glasses...yikes! lol!

The thing you can't deny on Parker's 75 yard TD run was the BLATANT holding by the Steeler's Offensive line. ;)

CockySOB
09-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I was not only praying for a Giant loss, but was hoping Burress (the traitor) would make 1 catch for -18 yards and that Eli threw 8 interceptions.

Although I won this pick, the Giants offense looked pretty damn good. Both Eli and Burress had great games.

Eli and Romo had active defenses to contend with, unlike Ben who faced a team my high school's football team could have throw 4 TD's against....

Seriously, the Steelers beat the Browns, which is almost like saying the Steelers showed up and their opponents stayed home - calling it a "win" is over-rating the game.

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Try stats from the last 4 years. :)

Ok stats from 2004 - 2006 seasons (Ben only played 3 full seasons):

Hasselbeck:

783 completions
60.33 completion percentage
9283 passing yards
64 TD's
39 INT's

Roethlisberger:

644 completions
8519 passing yards
52 TD's
25 INT's

Now keep in mind, you're allowing Hasselbeck 5 additional years to mature. Hopefully Ben will mature at such a rate as well, and if so, I think his numbers will surpass that of Matt's.

Now remember, I wasn't the one who made the statement, that was jackass! I said Matt was a great QB, as is Ben, but I'll still keep Ben based on his size, arm strength and leadership skills.

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Eli and Romo had active defenses to contend with, unlike Ben who faced a team my high school's football team could have throw 4 TD's against....

Seriously, the Steelers beat the Browns, which is almost like saying the Steelers showed up and their opponents stayed home - calling it a "win" is over-rating the game.

Then if a HS team could throw 4 TD's against them, surely many upcoming opposing QB's should be able to do the same as Ben and the Steelers. Wanna bet that rarely, if ever, happens the rest of the season?

We'll see if the Steelers are a good team or not as the season goes on. Looking at their schedule, 9 or 10 wins should be easy this year, maybe more if they play like they did yesterday.

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow...talk about tinted/colored glasses...yikes! lol!

The thing you can't deny on Parker's 75 yard TD run was the BLATANT holding by the Steeler's Offensive line. ;)

Can I offer you some cheese? :laugh2: