PDA

View Full Version : Fl Gov Not Whining Where's FEMA

red states rule
02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
After the killer tornados hit centeral Florida last night, Republican Gov Charlie Crist is doing his job to place to help the people

Hovever, unlike New Orleans, he is not waiting for the Federal govenment to handle the problem and is not whining where the Feds are

Very telling isn't it?

BTW, if they can tell us what will happen 50 years from now, why did they not warn the people of Florida these tornados were going to hit?

Gaffer
02-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Florida has rebuilt from three hurricanes and now the tornados and NO is still sitting there waiting for handouts.

red states rule
02-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Florida has rebuilt from three hurricanes and now the tornados and NO is still sitting there waiting for handouts.

Ray "Chocolate Town" Nagin is a typical lib politican. He fucks up and he lames Pres Bush
Of course, if you call Nagin on what he does - you are a racist

Gaffer
02-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Ray "Chocolate Town" Nagin is a typical lib politican. He fucks up and he lames Pres Bush
Of course, if you call Nagin on what he does - you are a racist

When it comes to him I am a racist.

retiredman
02-03-2007, 03:00 PM
After the killer tornados hit centeral Florida last night, Republican Gov Charlie Crist is doing his job to place to help the people

Hovever, unlike New Orleans, he is not waiting for the Federal govenment to handle the problem and is not whining where the Feds are

Very telling isn't it?

BTW, if they can tell us what will happen 50 years from now, why did they not warn the people of Florida these tornados were going to hit?

funny that he didn't have to whine at all to get those FEMA trailers moving into Florida the VERY next day! things that make you go, "hmmmmmmm".

Dilloduck
02-03-2007, 03:03 PM
funny that he didn't have to whine at all to get those FEMA trailers moving into Florida the VERY next day! things that make you go, "hmmmmmmm".

Not me---It makes me think that the problem with FEMA is being resolved.

retiredman
02-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Not me---It makes me think that the problem with FEMA is being resolved.

what "problem" with FEMA?

Brownie was doing a heckuva job....remember?

red states rule
02-03-2007, 03:08 PM

Lets see, MFM will bitch if the trailers took time to get ther. MFM will bitch if they get there quick. MSM will bithch about anything that happens because he is a liberal and that is all liberals do throughout their day

Dilloduck
02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
what "problem" with FEMA?

Brownie was doing a heckuva job....remember?

Who said the problem was with Brownie? The whole damn system was screwed--maybe because the dems wanted it crammed into the Dept of Homeland Security /

jillian
02-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Who said the problem was with Brownie? The whole damn system was screwed--maybe because the dems wanted it crammed into the Dept of Homeland Security /

Ummmmmmm.... Bush merged FEMA into the Department of Homeland Security. How was that the dems fault when he and his congress were all repubs?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/deptofhomeland/book.pdf

red states rule
02-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Ummmmmmm.... Bush merged FEMA into the Department of Homeland Security. How was that the dems fault when he and his congress were all repubs?

The problems with FEMA seem to be fixed. The aid is getting to Florida, and libs are pissed about it

I do not see any problems at all. Anytime libs are pissed about something it has to be ggod news

Hobbit
02-03-2007, 10:45 PM

Myabe because he called up FEMA and granted them permission to invervene before his citizens had been camping on their rooftops for two days. Maybe it was because he had an emergency plan and was able to hand them maps of where to go when they entered the state. Maybe it was because he took charge of the situation instead of hiding under his desk and waiting for the fed to bail him out.

CockySOB
02-03-2007, 10:47 PM
I still think this was a horrible move. There should have been a liaison between DHS and FEMA, but FEMA should never have been brought under the umbrella of DHS IMO.

retiredman
02-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Myabe because he called up FEMA and granted them permission to invervene before his citizens had been camping on their rooftops for two days. Maybe it was because he had an emergency plan and was able to hand them maps of where to go when they entered the state. Maybe it was because he took charge of the situation instead of hiding under his desk and waiting for the fed to bail him out.

maybe..or maybe FEMA is run now by a guy with more experience than just running horse shows...or maybe it's because Florida has a republican governor and a largely white population. Do you KNOW for certain? Of course you don't.

Dilloduck
02-03-2007, 10:59 PM

Worse still, when a Department of Homeland Security was forced upon President Bush by Senator Joseph Lieberman and other Democrats, FEMA lost the cabinet status President Clinton had given it and was folded into the new department.

http://www.hsaj.org/?fullarticle=1.2.4

Mr. P
02-03-2007, 11:01 PM
maybe..or maybe FEMA is run now by a guy with more experience than just running horse shows...or maybe it's because Florida has a republican governor and a largely white population. Do you KNOW for certain? Of course you don't.

I know they ain't largely white. Habla espanol, hunky cracker?

CockySOB
02-03-2007, 11:10 PM
I know they ain't largely white. Habla espanol, hunky cracker?

2005 US Census demographics for Florida showed 60% non-Hispanic white population, 20% Hispanic and 16% black.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/12000.html

Mr. P
02-03-2007, 11:15 PM
2005 US Census demographics for Florida showed 60% non-Hispanic white population, 20% Hispanic and 16% black.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/12000.html

They lie and don't fill out the forms either.:)

CockySOB
02-03-2007, 11:28 PM
They lie and don't fill out the forms either.:)

That may be, but the reported numbers still support MFM's statement that Florida is mostly white. And you know that he and I get along like oil & water, right? So it's not like I'm doing this for his benefit.

Dilloduck
02-03-2007, 11:38 PM
That may be, but the reported numbers still support MFM's statement that Florida is mostly white. And you know that he and I get along like oil & water, right? So it's not like I'm doing this for his benefit.

now THAT was funny !!!:thumb:

Mr. P
02-03-2007, 11:40 PM

Yeah well...it may be 'mostley' white according to the official documents. But, I lived there and have been back there many times in the last 30 years and it ain't as 'white' as ya may think. :)

Bottom line though, I don't care.

CockySOB
02-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah well...it may be 'mostley' white according to the official documents. But, I lived there and have been back there many times in the last 30 years and it ain't as 'white' as ya may think. :)

Bottom line though, I don't care.

I hear what you're saying. I've got friends in West Palm Beach and Jacksonville who say the same thing.

Hobbit
02-04-2007, 12:04 AM

Or it could be that the President manufactured those tornados in the same factory that made Katrina and unleashed them on Florida in order to give FEMA a chance to make up for the Katrina debacle. It could be that Jeb Bush used his evil Republican starship to beam the trailers into place. You can't know for sure, but I highly doubt it. The most likely explanation is that Jeb Bush doesn't have his head up his ass and is more interested in the welfare of his citizens rather than spending levy money on pool parties.

5stringJeff
02-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Or it could be that Louisiana government officials, including Ray Nagin, were incompetent in the face of Katrina, and their screwups are what is responsible for the piss-poor evacuations and rebuilding efforts.

CockySOB
02-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Or it could be that Louisiana government officials, including Ray Nagin, were incompetent in the face of Katrina, and their screwups are what is responsible for the piss-poor evacuations and rebuilding efforts.

Isn't it funny how the left NEVER considers that an option?

red states rule
02-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Isn't it funny how the left NEVER considers that an option?

when has the left EVER considered the truth?