PDA

View Full Version : The Greta Thunberg 'Coronavirus Experience' ......

Drummond
02-28-2020, 09:05 AM
Let me at once be clear: I've absolutely no reason whatever to associate Greta T with real-time, actual, outbreaks of Covid-19 (not now, anyway !) except as a 'scenario-muse' of mine.

... But, here's the thing ...

Greta Thunberg was at a public rally today, at Bristol, England. We're told that thousands of people attended it, for the 'privilege' to be publicly lectured by Greta on her favourite subject.

This includes Bristol schoolchildren, given permission to attend.

-- So. We have Greta, a one-girl crusade, lecturing all who'll be inclined to listen about this terrible Global Warming Thing. She doesn't care how, where or when she does it, she just does. Concentrating thousands of people in a comparatively confined space, at a time when we have a building Coronavirus outbreak, isn't a scenario which gives her the smallest pause for thought.

Numbers of those known to be infected in the UK is, so far, very low ... and every single case of it we have involves people who'd travelled from areas in the world where outbreak clusters are established ... notably Italy and Iran. Now --- if CLUSTERS concentrate the likelihood of contraction ... and it stands to reason that this would be true !! ... what if today's rally in Bristol creates our own cluster ?

It's very possible ... for all that any of us knows.

What if Greta herself became a one-girl cluster-generator ? Because she caused the conditions for them to come about ?

If she had enough sense .. she should be considering it ... surely ? And, in considering it .... would that, and WILL that, stop her activities from being so public, for the foreseeable future ?:rolleyes:

Do pigs fly ?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Choice:

1. Spread Leftie propaganda, without cares or limits.

2. Instead .... care about human life !!!!

Who, here, thinks that from such a choice, consideration for human life is likely to win out ? As in, EVER likely to win out ???:rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
02-28-2020, 09:22 AM
She's a puppet. She's an ignorant mentally challenged little girl that knows nothing more than what her handlers have pumped into her head. She may as well come with a REMOTE CONTROL.

And you have to honestly be as stupid as she is to actually WANT to listen to her speak.

Drummond
02-28-2020, 10:16 AM
She's a puppet. She's an ignorant mentally challenged little girl that knows nothing more than what her handlers have pumped into her head. She may well come with a REMOTE CONTROL.

And you have to honestly be as stupid as she is to actually WANT to listen to her speak.

Later, when I have more time, I'll have to work out how many Brits you insulted today ..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

.... although I very definitely see your point !!!

Her performances are actually disturbing to watch. A tad creepy ? Unhinged ? Something about the delivery of them (quite apart from content) .. makes me believe that there's something VERY wrong there.

Gunny
02-28-2020, 11:08 AM
Later, when I have more time, I'll have to work out how many Brits you insulted today ..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

Her performances are actually disturbing to watch. A tad creepy ? Unhinged ? Something about the delivery of them (quite apart from content) .. makes me believe that there's something VERY wrong there.You hit the nail on the head. She IS creepy and unhinged. I won't even look at her after the first time. That was enough. A jihadist in full terrorist regalia is less creepy to me.

Abbey Marie
02-28-2020, 01:04 PM
I thought for sure she would blame the virus on climate change and carbon.

Drummond
03-01-2020, 09:44 AM

Her performances are actually disturbing to watch. A tad creepy ? Unhinged ? Something about the delivery of them (quite apart from content) .. makes me believe that there's something VERY wrong there.

I did check, by the way ! Estimates vary, from 15,000 attendees (some were children, who, as I discovered, were on a 'strike' from school lessons, to attend ..) .. to 30,000.

France has banned gatherings of over 5,000 to combat Coronavirus spreads there ....

Those children, I believe, really did need to keep themselves at school. My evidence ....

[Picture courtesy of somebody's TV set .. taken from the BBC's 'Politics Live' programme]

Is this a testament to the quality of British State education ? You decide ! :rolleyes:

An interesting fact about Thunberg's presence in Bristol: she travelled to Bristol by train, apparently. Well ... if this was from London, she travelled on a GWR train from Paddington. The stretch of line from Paddington to Bristol (presumably Bristol Parkway) had JUST been electrified ... electrification work completed the previous month.

Now, I'm sure Greta would cite this as being true to her environmentalist beliefs ... fair enough. What, in making that claim, she'd be conveniently ignoring, is that the trains running on that line have hybrid engines. They convert from electricity to DIESEL FUEL, according to the stretch of line travelled.

Electrification of the entire line she used is creeping along. Had she any travelled further west along it into Wales (Cardiff, Swansea etc), she'd have been transported there by DIESEL locomotion.

Even so ... it's interesting. To use the line at all, she used a train designed to use, in part, DIESEL fuel ... now rated as an especially polluting fuel. So ... did, in fact, Greta show us some hypocrisy in using the train she did ?

I don't know that she came from the London end (she probably did, though). If she arrived from the opposite direction, she relied on DIESEL fuel to get her to Bristol.

Anyway: 'Greta-fuelled' or not, our Coronavirus spread is proceeding in the UK. All due thanks to her for 'doing her part'.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S. Current Coronavirus 'count' of infected people in the UK is 35. This includes one case we now have of a person in Surrey who contracted it from a source not involving his returning from an overseas virus hotspot, e.g Italy or Iran ... i.e, must've been contracted from a local source of it in the UK .. and a second just reported from Essex. Most of the 35 are in England, tending to cluster in SE England .. just one known case known of it in Wales, where I am ....

.... the 'Greta' effect notwithstanding ... of course .....

I sincerely hope we don't suddenly get a cluster of them reported a week from now in or near Bristol. I know who I'll blame, if this occurs.