PDA

View Full Version : Finally, A Good Presser Regarding Virus

Kathianne
02-29-2020, 02:49 PM
First really transparent information about what is going on, how it's being addressed, and what may be expected in coming days.

Travel restrictions to the parts of Italy and South Korea that have the virus. Travel from Iran with anyone there in past two weeks.

While it started weak, mostly because he got tangled up with Afghanistan signing, it ended strong.

I'm unsure whether the president understood the question about people getting prepared, as his answer was about the country is prepared, but overall good.

First time it was pretty clear that while work on vaccine is ongoing, it will be a minimum of 18 months and meanwhile buying time is what is needed.

pete311
02-29-2020, 03:26 PM
You mean it's better than when he called it a hoax? That's a start...

Kathianne
02-29-2020, 03:38 PM
You mean it's better than when he called it a hoax? That's a start...No, that's not what I meant, but thanks for trying to put words in my post.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-29-2020, 03:52 PM
"He," didn't call the virus a "hoax." He was very clear about what he called the hoax, and that was the never ending democrats smear machine trashing anything and everything "he" does, including his handling of the coronavirus. Trump could single handedly find a vaccination for it and the democrats would still trash him for it.

FakeNewsSux
02-29-2020, 09:26 PM
Typical Democrat response:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1cQ2zFIGqxo/Xlqkob2L-mI/AAAAAAAALSs/SKFbpcjur20uyMoHLjf9HprYxMro9Il_QCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/plague%2B5.png

Kathianne
02-29-2020, 10:03 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oregonlive.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-spreads-to-washington-nursing-home.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

Drummond
03-01-2020, 10:09 AM
We're getting 'prevention' advice from our authorities (no doubt you're getting an equivalent of them, too). Advice given: wash hands very frequently with soap and hot water, and if not possible, use an alcohol-based hand gel to neutralise any trace of the Coronavirus you may have on your hands from picking it up from infected surfaces.

Me -- I moved too late. All our shops and chemists selling hand gel have run out of stocks. Impossible to get locally ... & phone-in shows (mainly on LBC, though local BBC radio is showing the same, city-by-city) are replete with people calling in to say that they, too, can't get any.

So, this morning ... 'suddenly', we get advice saying that antibacterial gel can be nearly as good. The suggestion is that the coronavirus is surrounded by a fragile shell ... and that antibacterial gel / handwashes can break it down, rendering the virus harmless.

I don't know if I trust that latest advice ... its timing, just after a chronic shortage of alcohol-based gels happens, seems 'suspect' to me.

Anyway ... I've 'solved' my own problem. How ? By using the American version of Amazon, and ordering from them ! I have a suspicion that an increasing number of non-American customers may do likewise ...

Drummond
03-01-2020, 10:22 AM

There are issues in this world where to cynically use them just for politicised sniping is a deplorable act. I suggest you take time out to consider whether a pandemic carrying with it the potential to kill thousands of people, qualifies.

Kathianne
03-01-2020, 11:57 AM
We're getting 'prevention' advice from our authorities (no doubt you're getting an equivalent of them, too). Advice given: wash hands very frequently with soap and hot water, and if not possible, use an alcohol-based hand gel to neutralise any trace of the Coronavirus you may have on your hands from picking it up from infected surfaces.

Me -- I moved too late. All our shops and chemists selling hand gel have run out of stocks. Impossible to get locally ... & phone-in shows (mainly on LBC, though local BBC radio is showing the same, city-by-city) are replete with people calling in to say that they, too, can't get any.

So, this morning ... 'suddenly', we get advice saying that antibacterial gel can be nearly as good. The suggestion is that the coronavirus is surrounded by a fragile shell ... and that antibacterial gel / handwashes can break it down, rendering the virus harmless.

I don't know if I trust that latest advice ... its timing, just after a chronic shortage of alcohol-based gels happens, seems 'suspect' to me.

Anyway ... I've 'solved' my own problem. How ? By using the American version of Amazon, and ordering from them ! I have a suspicion that an increasing number of non-American customers may do likewise ...
What I’ve been saying for more than a week. Got sanitizer, gloves, and wipes for next 3 months. By then I expect production will be back.

Drummond
03-01-2020, 02:00 PM
What I’ve been saying for more than a week. Got sanitizer, gloves, and wipes for next 3 months. By then I expect production will be back.

I didn't think about gloves (though I think our chemists still have those ...). But the stocks I've got on order, I had in mind to last a similar time.

Nearly all our cases (35) have appeared in England (I suspect that Heathrow's location and extent of air traffic goes a long way to explain that .. it's by far our busiest airport). Just a handful elsewhere ... in Wales, where I am, we've just the one confirmed case to date.

Abbey Marie
03-01-2020, 04:07 PM
All that’s left on Amazon, gel-wise, are gougers.

Kathianne
03-01-2020, 05:00 PM
All that’s left on Amazon, gel-wise, are gougers.
I think those of us that 'stocked up' did so a couple weeks ago. Hopefully more will be produced soon-but they'll likely be priced higher.

Drummond
03-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Confirmed infection cases now topping the 40-mark ... the latest of them are again in England (Scotland had its first confirmed case reported last night). Boris Johnson has been talking on our media, acknowledging officially that he think widespread infection across the UK is now 'very likely' (until now, our Government had hopes it could win through from mere containment, though it's still approaching cases with that in mind for now). Cross-infection between Brits within the UK is now taking off .. I think I heard a report claiming the one case was now three ... with authorities trying to trace all those who'd been in contact with those three.

So, it's now 'taking off' in the UK in earnest, though primarily in England, for now.

jimnyc
03-02-2020, 12:44 PM

Looks like liberal CBS fact checked 'ol Joe, and in extension anyone dumb enough to believe without hearing themselves, or hearing and then being dishonest.

CBS’s Scott Pelley Fact-Checks Mike Bloomberg On Trump Coronavirus Comment

CBS host Scott Pelley fact-checked Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg on air after the former New York City mayor tried to claim that President Donald Trump described the coronavirus outbreak as a “hoax.”

https://i.imgur.com/Yr3rEK3.png

“I find it incomprehensible that the president would do something as inane as calling it a ‘hoax’ which he did last night in South Carolina,” Bloomberg said when Pelley introduced the topic during a “60 Minutes” interview set to run Sunday evening.

“He said that the Democrats making so much of it is a Democratic hoax, not that the virus is a hoax,” Pelley responded.

Not seeming to understand what the CBS host was getting at, Bloomberg pressed on.

“This is up to the scientists and the doctors as to whether there is a problem,” he continued. “They all, around the world, say that it is in some places, and has enormous potential to become one elsewhere. And it is just ignorant and irresponsible to not stand up and be the leader and say, ‘We don’t know, but we have to prepare for the fact that, if it is, we have the medicines and the structure and the knowledge to deal with it.'”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/01/cbs-scott-pelley-fact-checks-mike-bloomberg-trump-coronavirus-hoax/

Kathianne
03-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Looks like the CDC really has and is screwing this up. When they get it together, who’s going to get blamed?

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/03/02/report-officials-feared-lab-cdc-coronavirus-test-kits-made-contaminated/

SassyLady
03-02-2020, 02:44 PM
Just heard on news ... 6 now dead in Washington from virus.