PDA

View Full Version : Rocket attack on iraqi base housing us, uk personnel

Drummond
03-11-2020, 05:30 PM
'Breaking' ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51842744

A base hosting US and UK troops in Iraq has been hit in a rocket attack, US military officials say.

The attack was on the Taji military camp north of Baghdad.

The US sources said an American soldier, an American contractor and a British soldier were killed but this has not been officially confirmed.

Tension has been high since the US killed senior Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani in a drone strike in Baghdad on 3 January.

LBC News says a statement will follow from Boris Johnson. Though the British death isn't yet confirmed, Boris's interest seems to infer that it's true, in which case, the report in total is probably accurate.

Gunny
03-13-2020, 02:35 PM
'Breaking' ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51842744

LBC News says a statement will follow from Boris Johnson. Though the British death isn't yet confirmed, Boris's interest seems to infer that it's true, in which case, the report in total is probably accurate.Need to roll those rebels up and out of the country the way we did Saddam's army. Shut up the politicians, stand back and let the military do the job.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-13-2020, 02:54 PM
I heard today that the US has told the Iraqi president that he needs to get the fuck busy and root out these rebel strong holds. We know where they are, but the Iraqis are just turning a blind eye.

What the hell are we doing there? Just get our damn troops out and let whatever is going to happen, happen. The M.E. is nothing but a BLACK HOLE of WASTED MONEY and AMERICAN LIVES.

Gunny
03-13-2020, 05:33 PM
I heard today that the US has told the Iraqi president that he needs to get the fuck busy and root out these rebel strong holds. We know where they are, but the Iraqis are just turning a blind eye.

What the hell are we doing there? Just get our damn troops out and let whatever is going to happen, happen. The M.E. is nothing but a BLACK HOLE of WASTED MONEY and AMERICAN LIVES.What are we doing there? SHould have been asked by more politically powerful people than you in 02. Little late now. WE made that mess. That is the one thing I agree with Erdogan on. The US ousted Saddam and threw the ME into chaos. This isn't something the powers that be didn't know BEFORE we upset the apple cart. We knew it in 91. Nothing changed from then to 03.

Iraq stands squarely between Iran and Saudi Arabia. Between the Sunni and the shia. In our "bringing democracy" we opened the door for a shia majority to get control of the government. With the shia comes Iranian proxies. Then, His Holiness on High declared victory and pulled our troops out and any chance of keeping the shia out was gone. Matter of fact, Obama's doing so just allowed ISIS to run rampant for the remainder of his time in office.

Right now, we are playing Saddam's role. The threat of us is the the backbone of the Iraq government, standing squarely between the shia and sunni.