PDA

View Full Version : Toilet roll boss has reason not to panic !

Drummond
03-11-2020, 06:04 PM
This just struck me as funny.

The BBC website is reporting a story, but primarily by using a video ... which I know won't play in the US.

It just says that, during this Coronavirus emergency, a manufacturer of toilet rolls ('loo rolls', as we call them) advises Brits to not panic-buy supplies of rolls.

Here's a picture of said manufacturer, who definitely doesn't need to panic-buy.

H'm. I wonder why ... ?

High_Plains_Drifter
03-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Saw a post on facebook this morning in one of the buy/sell/trade groups I'm in...

3 rolls of toilet paper, 2 bottles of Purell...
TRADE for 1968 CAMARO.

I got a good laugh at that one.

But I went to our grocery store here in town yesterday and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Doesn't appear to be any panic buying around here.

Kathianne
03-11-2020, 09:10 PM
I’m working. Panic has set in. Bleach, alcohol, Lysol. Beans, rice, pasta. Not much soup!

Drummond
03-11-2020, 09:18 PM
I’m working. Panic has set in. Bleach, alcohol, Lysol. Beans, rice, pasta. Not much soup!

... Basically mirroring the UK's behaviour.

Not true of every one, but most of our supermarkets are imposing rationing on goods that have been panic-bought. I must say, where I am, availability of most of these items varies (Lysol is specifically American, we don't have that brand here). The one item that's universally impossible to get, unless you literally see a stock delivered to a shop and can buy it IMMEDIATELY, is alcohol hand gel.

I've tried to get around it myself by going to the American wing of Amazon and ordering directly. Some stocks were bought, and SHOULD be being delivered. Strangely ... each delivery is suffering an unexplained delay, even though they're supposed to have been shipped. None received yet.

Kathianne
03-11-2020, 09:21 PM

Not true of every one, but most of our supermarkets are imposing rationing on goods that have been panic-bought. I must say, where I am, availability of most of these items varies (Lysol is specifically American, we don't have that brand here). The one item that's universally impossible to get, unless you literally see a stock delivered to a shop and can buy it IMMEDIATELY, is alcohol hand gel.

I've tried to get around it myself by going to the American wing of Amazon and ordering directly. Some stocks were bought, and SHOULD be being delivered. Strangely ... each delivery is suffering an unexplained delay, even though they're supposed to have been shipped. None received yet.

I bought all that weeks ago. Not in panic mode, but realized if it went as it is, things would get expensive.

Abbey Marie
03-11-2020, 11:39 PM
I have lots of TP. It’s the fourth most important item after water, food, and meds, lol.

icansayit
03-12-2020, 12:38 AM
The Coronavirus is an UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTION...has nothing to do with the Lower G.I.

Course...for all of the FAKE NEWS REPORTERS and NETWORKS...they make up so much BS...of course they would need more of it. And they would need Toothbrushes too...sloppy bathroom trips to get more B S.:laugh:

Gunny
03-13-2020, 01:50 PM
I for one am tired of this panicking crap. Right down to my last nerve. WTF is a year's supply of ramen noodles and TP going to do if you contract the virus? Meanwhile, the shelves are stripped for people who haven't gone off the deep end and just need something to wipe with :rolleyes:

Bunch of pampered-ass sissies :rolleyes:

SassyLady
03-13-2020, 02:13 PM

Yep ... got all those items except pasta.

As a prepper I always have plenty of food.

Kathianne
03-13-2020, 02:16 PM
Yep ... got all those items except pasta.

As a prepper I always have plenty of food.

I got them all too! I don't have the room you do, but have enough for myself and my roomie, who still thinks Trump's word is gold regarding it being just like the flu. LOL! I got her covered. ;)

Gunny
03-13-2020, 02:30 PM
Speaking of getting on my last nerve:mad:

One (count them) confirmed case of coronavirus in San Antonio. Two school districts are closed. Besides there being no TP, other personal hygiene products or ramen noodles on the shelves and all our tourist traps closed. But not my daughter's school district. So coming off Spring Break I get a bonus week of 3 grandkids at home only mom will be at work.:mad: And I'm the only one in the damned house that's at serious risk.

So, if I contract the virus, I get put in isolation ... :thinking5:

Kathianne
03-13-2020, 02:31 PM
Speaking of getting on my last nerve:mad:

One (count them) confirmed case of coronavirus in San Antonio. Two school districts are closed. Besides there being no TP, other personal hygiene products or ramen noodles on the shelves and all our tourist traps closed. But not my daughter's school district. So coming off Spring Break I get a bonus week of 3 grandkids at home only mom will be at work.:mad: And I'm the only one in the damned house that's at serious risk.

So, if I contract the virus, I get put in isolation ... :thinking5:
:(

SassyLady
03-13-2020, 02:34 PM

Shipments from China?

Kathianne
03-13-2020, 10:19 PM
related:

Procter & Gamble Toilet Paper. We offer a wide selection of industrial, commercial toilet paper for Charmin, Scott, Cottonelle, Angel Soft, Quilted Northern, Green Heritage, Georgia Pacific, Boardwalk, Kimberly Clark, Seventh Generation, Windsoft, Kleenex and many other brand names.

114.07 USD +12.23 (12.01%)
Closed: Mar 13, 7:51 PM EDT ·

Open

High

Low

Mkt cap
281.69B

P/E ratio

Div yield
2.62%

Prev close

52-wk high

52-wk low

FakeNewsSux
03-14-2020, 09:31 PM
For those still having trouble procuring TP supplies, don't forget these tried and true methods:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/48950/what-did-people-use-toilet-paper