PDA

View Full Version : Bolsonaro tests positive for Covid-19

Drummond
03-13-2020, 09:24 AM
I suggest that this is significant news for the US. President Bolsonaro has tested positive for the Coronavirus. His Press Secretary had already had his positive result, so the President himself underwent a test, with this result.

Didn't President Trump have talks with Bolsonaro, just days ago ? Is your news telling you that President Trump will have (or has had) his own test to go through ?

Kathianne
03-13-2020, 09:27 AM
I suggest that this is significant news for the US. President Bolsonaro has tested positive for the Coronavirus. His Press Secretary had already had his positive result, so the President himself underwent a test, with this result.

Didn't President Trump have talks with Bolsonaro, just days ago ? Is your news telling you that President Trump will have (or has had) his own test to go through ?

Yes, yes he did. As you wrote, his secretary also tested positive. Both President Trump and the vice president have said they will not be tested, as they feel fine.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-13-2020, 09:37 AM
If Trump were to start showing symptoms, there'd be no way to hide it. He'd have to get tested.

I certainly hope he doesn't show symptoms. He might be fine even if he did though. Even though he's "over 60," he doesn't drink or smoke so, I'd assume he's in pretty good condition regardless of his age.

Kathianne
03-13-2020, 09:39 AM
The TP stuff is funny!

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/89488616_1313226535527388_4867188606344626176_o.jp g?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=nEDMTNPIGQYAX_dvtUY&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=b77fc930094dd6d30e7c928dfe44a1c2&oe=5E90A32E

SassyLady
03-13-2020, 12:33 PM
Brazil president's son says father tested negative.

Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro has tested negative for coronavirus (http://www.foxnews.com/category/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus), his son Eduardo told Fox News, contradicting earlier reports that the South American leader had tested positive.
Reports out of Brazil had initially indicated Bolsonaro had tested positive, and his son appeared to confirm this to Fox News earlier Friday, adding that further testing was being done to confirm the diagnosis and the second set of testing was expected later in the day.
However, in a subsequent appearance on "America's Newsroom," Eduardo denied his father had ever tested positive.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-bolsonaro-coronavirus-test-negative-eduardo.amp

Kathianne
03-13-2020, 12:34 PM
Brazil president's son says father tested negative.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-bolsonaro-coronavirus-test-negative-eduardo.amp

I watched that, sort of hinkey.

Drummond
03-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Yes, yes he did. As you wrote, his secretary also tested positive. Both President Trump and the vice president have said they will not be tested, as they feel fine.

?????????????????????????????????

I'm amazed. That's unbelievable. It's a well known feature of this virus that you can infect people without showing or feeling symptoms ! It's possible to FEEL well, and not BE well, with it ...

Kathianne
03-13-2020, 01:29 PM
?????????????????????????????????

I'm amazed. That's unbelievable. It's a well known feature of this virus that you can infect people without showing or feeling symptoms ! It's possible to FEEL well, and not BE well, with it ...
Drummond-he's a strong man. They don't have problems like others. I may well vote for him, but much of his behaviors are irresponsible.

Drummond
03-13-2020, 01:42 PM
Drummond-he's a strong man. They don't have problems like others. I may well vote for him, but much of his behaviors are irresponsible.

Fair enough.

Every death we've recorded from this virus has been of people who are not only elderly, but with underlying health problems (just the same as our measles deaths, in fact, to the extent we even have them). I agree, thinking about it - Trump should be fine.

Kathianne
03-13-2020, 01:47 PM
Hmmm,

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/03/13/miamis-mayor-tests-positive-meeting-brazils-president-trump-also/

Miami’s Mayor Tests Positive For Coronavirus After Meeting With Brazil’s President (Should Trump Be Tested?)
JOHN SEXTONPosted at 2:41 pm on March 13, 2020

SassyLady
03-13-2020, 01:51 PM
Fair enough.

Every death we've recorded from this virus has been of people who are not only elderly, but with underlying health problems (just the same as our measles deaths, in fact, to the extent we even have them). I agree, thinking about it - Trump should be fine.

Perhaps he will be fine, however, how many people will he and Pence infect if they are, in fact, contagious. Feeling fine doesn't cut it. They need to be tested because they were exposed.

Drummond
03-13-2020, 01:53 PM
Perhaps he will be fine, however, how many people will he and Pence infect if they are, in fact, contagious. Feeling fine doesn't cut it. They need to be tested because they were exposed.

Great point .. I should've thought of that. Of course, you're right.