PDA

View Full Version : A new personal best!

NightTrain
03-14-2020, 09:00 AM
I have just broken the record. Previously, it stood at $8.50.

This, my friends, is a $10.79 cup of coffee!

And, yes, I would have paid $20.... regular hospital coffee is horrible.

jimnyc
03-14-2020, 02:39 PM
I know exactly how that feels! I paid a ton while in Seatlle, and gladly so at 4:30am and about to hop a taxi to the airport. I didn't have to deal with hospital coffee, but I know how that must have felt!! I'd have upped the ante to $50 on some days!! :laugh:

hjmick
03-14-2020, 02:53 PM
You addicts are a funny breed...

jimnyc
03-14-2020, 03:01 PM

Appreciate that!! I have spent many many years and many many pots and k-cups to earn my addiction title. :)

NightTrain
03-14-2020, 03:35 PM

I'm not addicted! I can stop anytime... I....

Okay.

Hi, I'm Rick and I'm an addict.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-14-2020, 09:27 PM
I love my coffee too, but I'd go without before I stepped foot in a Starbucks.

One year when we got all our new bikes in at Reno HD, we order some that are going to be just rentals, but before we rent them out to the idiots, we get the dealer employees together and take the rental bikes out on a long ride, usually about 250 miles, to break them in, seat the rings and what not, before the idiots "RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT" and ruin the engine. But we were on our way back up through Carson City after a lap around Lake Tahoe and they all stopped at a Starbucks.

I sat outside.

FakeNewsSux
03-14-2020, 11:37 PM
They do have several $20 per cup options on the menu:

https://i2.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2020/02/download-2.jpg?resize=580%2C582&ssl=1

SassyLady
03-15-2020, 12:25 AM
I am not a coffee drinker. Has always tasted bitter to me. I think it's a DNA thing. When I go to Starbucks I get Dragon Drink or a decaf mocha frap. And, if course, a chocolate croissant warmed up.

:coffee:

NightTrain
03-15-2020, 03:17 AM
While I hate Starbucks and their politics, when faced with drinking folgers swill or that 20oz 6-shot vanilla latte...

yeah, my hard earned money is going to feed the moonbats. Sacrifices were made; homie got good coffee down here amongst the heathens. :smoke:

High_Plains_Drifter
03-15-2020, 04:17 AM
While I hate Starbucks and their politics, when faced with drinking folgers swill or that 20oz 6-shot vanilla latte...

yeah, my hard earned money is going to feed the moonbats. Sacrifices were made; homie got good coffee down here amongst the heathens. :smoke:
Yeah, I'm guilty of getting the gas station ultra sugary vanilla cappuccinos. Dang they're good.