PDA

View Full Version : Would you be one of these 45 people - OR this one guy?

jimnyc
03-16-2020, 11:18 AM
Supposedly young and healthy people. And not actually getting the virus, testing for side effects. Not me, no way and no how!

I thought about making money on one of these things years back. Then I read the extremely lengthy disclaimer, and no thanks!! :laugh: :rolleyes:

--

Boston-Based Company's COVID-19 Vaccine Trials Beginning in April

Moderna, a Boston-based biotech company, has shipped the first batches of a COVID-19 vaccine to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and one patient will be given an experimental dose of it Monday.

Full-scale human trials of Moderna’s mRNA-1273 vaccine are expeced to start as early as April, using 45 young, healthy volunteers, reports The Guardian. A finished vaccine is not expected to be ready for the general public for at least a year.

About 35 companies and academic institutions are in the rush to create a vaccine, with at least four tests have been conducted on animals.

RNA vaccines work by introducing an mRNA sequence, or the molecule which tells cells what to build, according to the University of Cambridge. The sequence is coded for a disease-specific antigen, and once that is recognized by the immune system, it fights a virus, according to the University of Cambridge.

Participants cannot get infected from such vaccines, but the trials will be held to be sure no side effects occur. The volunteers being tested through Moderna will be monitored for about a year before the medication is released to the general public.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/us/moderna-boston-coronavirus-covid-19/2020/03/16/id/958466/

Gunny
03-16-2020, 01:32 PM
Ten years from now the commercial on TV will be: "If you or a family member took mRNA-1273 and suffered side effects or death, you might be entitled to compensation. Call Will Sue'em at xxx-xxxx and get the compensation you deserve".:rolleyes:

And no thanks. If I had a terminal disease, maybe. My concern would be more with permanent side effects/damage (like I already have due to one "fix") than death.

Abbey Marie
03-17-2020, 11:00 AM
How’s about we test it on healthy child rapists?