PDA

View Full Version : As My Guitar Gently Weeps, Psychoblues Is Apologetic

Psychoblues
09-10-2007, 12:32 AM
I am genuinely contrite and unashamedly apologetic. I have sinned according to your rules and I promise that I will do my best to not repeat my heretofore indiscretions. My hope is that you accept my statement of reconciliation as I intend. My faults are not your faults. My faults are none other than my own and my faults must and are dealt with on a very daily (even hourly) basis by me, Psychoblues.

I would hope and pray that any further differences and/or perceived sins committed by me would be dealt with through pm’s or general conversation. As I have no ability or desire to banish anyone from this board I think my prayer as unlikely but nonetheless one that is shared by many that visit and/or post here.

Considering that I may have offended anyone here I would hope that in the future we can work our differences out either on the board or through pm’s but I cannot abide the atrocities of banishment for the personal satisfaction of individuals rather than legitimate conversation that supports the overall good of the board.

You have my word on this issue and I further promise to remain genuine, honest and willing to admit my mistakes, misinterpretations and underestimations.

Your’s Truly,

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Damn, Psycho, a simple "I'm a dick sometimes and don't mean anything by it ya bastards" would have been good enough! And don't be insulted by that, I'm a dick more than you are!

I still love you, buddy!

09-10-2007, 05:50 AM
you have a guitar now?

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 09:18 AM
I am genuinely contrite and unashamedly apologetic. I have sinned according to your rules and I promise that I will do my best to not repeat my heretofore indiscretions. My hope is that you accept my statement of reconciliation as I intend. My faults are not your faults. My faults are none other than my own and my faults must and are dealt with on a very daily (even hourly) basis by me, Psychoblues.

I would hope and pray that any further differences and/or perceived sins committed by me would be dealt with through pm’s or general conversation. As I have no ability or desire to banish anyone from this board I think my prayer as unlikely but nonetheless one that is shared by many that visit and/or post here.

Considering that I may have offended anyone here I would hope that in the future we can work our differences out either on the board or through pm’s but I cannot abide the atrocities of banishment for the personal satisfaction of individuals rather than legitimate conversation that supports the overall good of the board.

You have my word on this issue and I further promise to remain genuine, honest and willing to admit my mistakes, misinterpretations and underestimations.

Your’s Truly,

At first, it sounded like it could be true contrition. Then I read the bolded part. Same old same old.

Hagbard Celine
09-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Lost Melancholy: Reward $50.00
http://www.petsplace.co.za/rough%20collie%20br%20&%20wh.jpg

truthmatters
09-10-2007, 09:24 AM

Your’s Truly,

I am not aware of the situation of which you speak but I admire your ability to self correct.

This is an ability we should all aspire to.

Sitarro
09-10-2007, 09:35 AM
I am not aware of the situation of which you speak but I admire your ability to self correct.

This is an ability we should all aspire to.

You Dems love an apology, even if you don't know what it's for or if it doesn't have even a hint of sincerety........ that's pretty funny.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

glockmail

This is an ability we should all aspire to. TM you got suckered in again. PB is a complete bullshitter which is why we love his sorry old ass.

Monkeybone
i love when apologies turn into jabs.

glockmail
09-10-2007, 09:44 AM
i love when apologies turn into jabs. Its how Democrats do it, as in "I'm sorry that you were offended...".

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
i love when apologies turn into jabs.

Yes, it is rather an art form with some people. Apology as jab. :laugh2:

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Yes, it is rather an art form with some people. Apology as jab. :laugh2:

Would that be like me saying to TM - "I'm sorry you are so dumb"?

I am sorry about that! :)

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Would that be like me saying to TM - "I'm sorry you are so dumb"?

I am sorry about that! :)

No, because that apology is open and directly related to the jab itself!

This thread contains several paragraphs of supposed apology, with a not-so-cleverly hidden jab that nullifies the entire apology.

darin
09-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Uh....hm....I like pie?

jimnyc
09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Uh....hm....I like pie?

I love pie! Ummm... we speaking of the same "pie"? :)

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Uh....hm....I like pie?

Humble pie? ;)

darin
09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
That too... :D

hjmick
09-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Humble pie? ;)

Actually, the original phrase would be "to eat umble pie."

It has, over time, evolved to be, "to eat humble pie."

From Wikipedia:

The expression derives from umble pie, which was a pie filled with liver, heart and other offal, especially of cow but often deer. These parts were known as umbles, and since they were considered inferior food, in medieval times the pie was often served to lower-class people.

Although "umbles" and the modern word "humble" are etymologically unrelated, each word has appeared both with and without the initial "h" after the Middle Ages until the 19th century. Since the sound "h" is often dropped in many dialects, and "umble" was a humble meal anyway, the phrase was rebracketed as "humble pie". While "umble" is now gone from the language, the phrase remains, carrying the fossilized word as an idiom.

I recently had a long discussion about this phrase over breakfast with my father, a former college English teacher. Yeah, dining with dad is always fun. :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Cool! But I was referring to the band. ;)

Actually, the original phrase would be "to eat umble pie."

It has, over time, evolved to be, "to eat humble pie."

From Wikipedia:

The expression derives from umble pie, which was a pie filled with liver, heart and other offal, especially of cow but often deer. These parts were known as umbles, and since they were considered inferior food, in medieval times the pie was often served to lower-class people.

Although "umbles" and the modern word "humble" are etymologically unrelated, each word has appeared both with and without the initial "h" after the Middle Ages until the 19th century. Since the sound "h" is often dropped in many dialects, and "umble" was a humble meal anyway, the phrase was rebracketed as "humble pie". While "umble" is now gone from the language, the phrase remains, carrying the fossilized word as an idiom.

I recently had a long discussion about this phrase over breakfast with my father, a former colleg English teacher. Yeah, dining with dad is always fun. :rolleyes:

Hagbard Celine
09-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I love pie! Ummm... we speaking of the same "pie"? :)

Are we talking about hair pie? Because I just love the pink filling. :dance:

hjmick
09-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Cool! But I was referring to the band. ;)

Oh...never mind then.

Now, that Steve Marriott and Peter Frampton made quite a team. And who can forget the cool licks of Greg Ridley and the fresh skins of 17 year old drummer Jerry Shirley?

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Oh...never mind then.

Now, that Steve Marriott and Peter Frampton made quite a team. And who can forget the cool licks of Greg Ridley and the fresh skins of 17 year old drummer Jerry Shirley?

Just kidding! I did mean the pie. But I had to give a nod to the old band.

Thanks for the info. I love to learn word origins. :salute:

hjmick
09-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Just kidding! I did mean the pie. But I had to give a nod to the old band.

Thanks for the info. I love to learn word origins. :salute:

That makes two of us, I am always fascinated with the etymology of words and the history of popular phrases.

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 11:24 AM
That makes two of us, I am always fascinated with the etymology of words and the history of popular phrases.

I have a book titled "Why Do We Say It? The Stories Behind the Words, Expressions and Cliches We Use" that I got at B&N for $6.00 It mentions deer entrails/umbles as well. :cheers2:

Said1
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Lost Melancholy: Reward $50.00
http://www.petsplace.co.za/rough%20collie%20br%20&%20wh.jpg

:lol:

JohnDoe
09-10-2007, 06:06 PM
No, because that apology is open and directly related to the jab itself!

This thread contains several paragraphs of supposed apology, with a not-so-cleverly hidden jab that nullifies the entire apology.

:laugh2: is that ''lawyer'' insight and talk? j/k lol

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
:laugh2: is that ''lawyer'' insight and talk? j/k lol

Nah. Just reading comprehension and common sense, J. :salute:

hjmick
09-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I have a book titled "Why Do We Say It? The Stories Behind the Words, Expressions and Cliches We Use" that I got at B&N for $6.00 It mentions deer entrails/umbles as well. :cheers2:

I think I will be picking up a book this week.

darin
09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I have not banned Psychoblues today. :)

Abbey Marie
09-10-2007, 06:25 PM

Day's not over, D. :)

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Jimmy, you knew I was a dick long before you considered even an invitation to this dickfest!!!!!!!!

Damn, Psycho, a simple "I'm a dick sometimes and don't mean anything by it ya bastards" would have been good enough! And don't be insulted by that, I'm a dick more than you are!

I still love you, buddy!

When you come up to my standards of my dickness I will repect you even more than I do now!!!!!!!

Can we not talk?

Love You, Too, Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
I haven't been without one since I was about 9.

you have a guitar now?

What is your sillyass implication here, a'21?

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 12:35 AM
You bullshittedly bolded that for your own satisfaction, Ubbey.

At first, it sounded like it could be true contrition. Then I read the bolded part. Same old same old.

My post didn't have anything bolded.

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Truth hurts, zorro.

You Dems love an apology, even if you don't know what it's for or if it doesn't have even a hint of sincerety........ that's pretty funny.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Is it killing me or is it killing you?

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Liar, liar, pants on fire!!!!!!

Nose as long as a telephone wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 12:45 AM
HC, lemme buy you another white wine and you sit in the corner for the rest of the night, OK?

Are we talking about hair pie? Because I just love the pink filling. :dance:

How about some whipped cream on that pie?

darin
09-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Liar, liar, pants on fire!!!!!!

Nose as long as a telephone wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I banned you the day before yesterday..not the day I posted that. :)

It's my way of 'kidding' - MUCH funnier than yours, drunkone.

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 03:20 AM
My bad!!!!!!!

I banned you the day before yesterday..not the day I posted that. :)

It's my way of 'kidding' - MUCH funnier than yours, drunkone.

I wonder how many others here understood that? You still like to ban me. Is that not a true statement?

darin
09-12-2007, 03:30 AM
YOU ban YOU...with your abusive treatment of staff, and other members. It's in your sweaty little chubby fingers, Psychoblues. You control your participation on this board. There are three major centers for transsexual surgery - Johns Hopkins, University of Minnesota, and Columbus Medical Center. Which did you use?

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!!! I have NO ability nor do I desire any ability to ban ANYONE!!!!!!!

YOU ban YOU...with your abusive treatment of staff, and other members. It's in your sweaty little chubby fingers, Psychoblues. You control your participation on this board. There are three major centers for transsexual surgery - Johns Hopkins, University of Minnesota, and Columbus Medical Center. Which did you use?

It was your chubby little fingers that decided all that!!!!!!!! I participate on this board as simply a member. Yours is a contribution more authoritarian and obviously ill advised.

Contrary to your very false statement, I DO NOT ABUSE ANY STAFF OR MEMBER of this board. I do, however, tend to throw shit back at anyone that throws shit at me. Is that beyond your already very demonstrated shallow understanding of simple mathematics?

If you want me to stop calling you a liar I would suggest that you stop telling lies.

darin
09-12-2007, 03:56 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!!! I have NO ability nor do I desire any ability to ban ANYONE!!!!!!!

It was your chubby little fingers that decided all that!!!!!!!! I participate on this board as simply a member. Yours is a contribution more authoritarian and obviously ill advised.

Contrary to your very false statement, I DO NOT ABUSE ANY STAFF OR MEMBER of this board. I do, however, tend to throw shit back at anyone that throws shit at me. Is that beyond your already very demonstrated shallow understanding of simple mathematics?

If you want me to stop calling you a liar I would suggest that you stop lying.

Hi Liar!! You consistently abuse ME. You consistently hurl vulgarities at me and other users. WHY have you been banned so much? Because of what YOU say on the board. Does JIM abuse HIS power by agreeing with you being banned? eh? EH? TELL ME, BITCH! You are an ATTENTION WHORE...you know how we treat WHORES don't you? When I see you post I see your severe childhood disturbances associated with violence.

Folks, our Phsychoblues wasn't born a vulgar nasty hateful flamer. He was made one through years of systematic abuse. Pyschoblues hates his own identity, you see, and he thinks that makes him a transsexual. But his pathology is a thousand times more savage and more terrifying.

Put the Lotion in the FOCKING BASKET!

PostmodernProphet
09-12-2007, 04:51 AM

considering that this was supposedly an apology thread, I certainly think you have a strange desire to get yourself banned......

glockmail
09-12-2007, 07:16 AM

If you want me to stop calling you a liar I would suggest that you stop telling lies.

I agree man! :laugh2:

glockmail
09-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi Liar!! You consistently abuse ME. You consistently hurl vulgarities at me and other users. WHY have you been banned so much? Because of what YOU say on the board. Does JIM abuse HIS power by agreeing with you being banned? eh? EH? TELL ME, BITCH! You are an ATTENTION WHORE...you know how we treat WHORES don't you? When I see you post I see your severe childhood disturbances associated with violence.

Folks, our Phsychoblues wasn't born a vulgar nasty hateful flamer. He was made one through years of systematic abuse. Pyschoblues hates his own identity, you see, and he thinks that makes him a transsexual. But his pathology is a thousand times more savage and more terrifying.

Put the Lotion in the FOCKING BASKET!

This is a clear violation of board rules, IMO.

JohnDoe
09-12-2007, 07:38 AM
I agree, it is a clear violation!!!!!!! Not that I want anyone band from a thread or the site, cuz I just HATE THAT....but it would be nice if we didn't have to see this crap from someone who is suppose to be curbing it from others. special treatment to some whether negative or positive, and not to others is inherently unfair and makes the board less attractive....again imho.

And good morning lean and mean! ;)

jd

glockmail
09-12-2007, 07:40 AM
I agree, it is a clear violation!!!!!!! Not that I want anyone band from a thread or the site, cuz I just HATE THAT....but it would be nice if we didn't have to see this crap from someone who is suppose to be curbing it from others. special treatment to some whether negative or positive, and not to others is inherently unfair and makes the board less attractive....again imho.

And good morning lean and mean! ;)

jd

I guess its OK for the board god to violate his own rules.

Back at ya sweet and petite! :coffee:

darin
09-12-2007, 09:04 AM
This is a clear violation of board rules, IMO.

What is a violation? Seriously?

And good morning lean and mean!

What do you agree with?

Cite the "rule" I broke.

glockmail
09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
What is a violation? Seriously?

What do you agree with?

Cite the "rule" I broke.

Board Policy and Decisions - Any questions, concerns or complaints about board policy or decisions should be handled via the private message system.

And thanks for the neg rep for pointing this out to you.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Glock, that rule is for members at large. Staff has to be able to discuss its own decisions publicly.

darin
09-12-2007, 10:43 AM

Okay - you cited a rule which has nothing to do with what I posted. What rule did I break?

glockmail
09-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Okay - you cited a rule which has nothing to do with what I posted. What rule did I break?Abbey answered it in post 49. Staff is above the rules. :laugh2:

glockmail
09-12-2007, 11:03 AM

@ dmp Thanks for the second neg rep for neg'n you back. :lol:

darin
09-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Abbey answered it in post 49. Staff is above the rules. :laugh2:

I didn't break a rule.

I didn't question, or broadcast concerns or complaints about board decisions.

Try again.

gabosaurus
09-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Board rules do not apply to staff members.

JohnDoe
09-12-2007, 11:11 AM
And thanks for the neg rep for pointing this out to you.Yeah, the boy hit me too with a negative rep.... ????

And I like him!??????? I think he is too fiesty for his britches and needs to moderate his own over reactions but other than that, I enjoy his passion in his postings..... :)

jd

darin
09-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, the boy hit me too with a negative rep.... ????

And I like him!??????? I think he is too fiesty for his britches and needs to moderate his own over reactions but other than that, I enjoy his passion in his postings..... :)

jd

Uh...

I didn't break a rule.

I didn't question, or broadcast concerns or complaints about board decisions.

Try again.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Abbey answered it in post 49. Staff is above the rules. :laugh2:

That is not what I said. Try reading it again. But it's interesting to see how fast certain people in this thread jump all over staff. Noted.

JohnDoe
09-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Board rules do not apply to staff members.Yes, so I hear.....what's with THAT? IF it is against some rule and you are not suppose to answer then don't, wouldn't want to get you banned.... :(

jd

Abbey Marie
09-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Another thread shot to hell. On second thought, it really never was any good.