PDA

View Full Version : Biden: Gen. Betrayus Dead Flat Wrong On Iraq

Psychoblues
09-10-2007, 12:37 AM
When Will Lies About WAR Be Honestly Revealed For What They Are?

WASHINGTON - President Bush's war strategy is failing and the top military commander in Iraq is "dead flat wrong" for warning against major changes, the Democratic chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee said Sunday.

Ahead of two days of crucial testimony by Bush's leading military and political advisers on Iraq, Sen. Joseph Biden indicated that he and other Democrats would persist in efforts to set target dates for bringing troops home.

"The reality is that although there's been some mild security progress, there is in fact no security in Baghdad or Anbar province where I was dealing with the most serious problem, sectarian violence," said Biden, a 2008 presidential candidate who recently returned from Iraq.

Gen. David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker were scheduled to testify before four congressional committees, including Biden's, on Monday and Tuesday. Lawmakers will hear how the commander and the diplomat assess progress in Iraq and offer recommendations about the course of war strategy.

Officials familiar with their thinking told The Associated Press over the weekend that the advisers would urge Congress not to make significant changes. Their report will note that while national political progress has been disappointing, security gains in local areas have shown promise, according to the officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were discussing internal deliberations.

Petraeus and Crocker will say the buildup of 30,000 troops, which bring the current U.S. total to nearly 170,000, is working better than any previous effort to quell the insurgency and restore stability. The officials also disputed suggestions that Petraeus and Crocker would recommend anything more than a symbolic reduction in troop levels and then only in the spring.

The testimony sets the stage for an announcement by Bush later in the week about he will proceed in the face of widespread public unhappiness and growing congressional discomfort with the war.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20676775

The silence of Americans in the midst of this deafening screaming of the warmongers and war profiteers is beginning to disturb me.

82Marine89
09-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Senator Biden grew up in New Castle County, Delaware. He graduated from the University of Delaware in 1965, and from the Syracuse University College of Law in 1968. Prior to his election to the Senate, Biden practiced law in Wilmington, Delaware and served on the New Castle County Council from 1970 to 1972. Since 1991, Biden has been an adjunct professor at the Widener University School of Law, where he teaches a seminar on constitutional law.

Senator Biden lives in Wilmington, Delaware and commutes to Washington, DC when the Senate is in session. He is married to the former Jill Jacobs, and is the father of three children: Beau, Hunter and Ashley. The Bidens also have five grandchildren: Naomi, Finnegan, Roberta Mabel, Natalie, and Robert Hunter Biden.

BIO (http://biden.senate.gov/biography/)

Where in his bio does it show him to be an expert on fighting a war? I'll take the word of an expert, not someone who plays partisan politics.

stephanie
09-10-2007, 12:52 AM
traitors.....

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the galleys, heard in the very hall of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor—he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and wears their face and their garment, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation—he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city—he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared.......Cicero, 42 B.C.E.

Psychoblues
09-10-2007, 01:11 AM
You leave a lot for the imagination, M'89.

Where in his bio does it show him to be an expert on fighting a war? I'll take the word of an expert, not someone who plays partisan politics.

Care to clear any of it up?

09-10-2007, 02:21 AM
how does someone lie before they say something?

Gunny
09-10-2007, 04:09 PM

I find it hillarious that the lefties will trot out some desk jockey zero that agrees with their flight rather than fight agenda and the second such is pointed out, they get all indignant about right-wingers daring to question the opinions of military experts.

But let one not agree with them, and THIS is the result.

typomaniac
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM

Four or five such "experts" before Petraeus were either fired or "resigned" for not being bobbleheads for their CiC. A hallmark of this administration.

Now that there IS such a bobblehead, everything's bright and sunny for you?

09-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Four or five such "experts" before Petraeus were either fired or "resigned" for not being bobbleheads for their CiC. A hallmark of this administration.

Now that there IS such a bobblehead, everything's bright and sunny for you?

Reality is what it is. Try to excuse it all you want and youll realize you are just a slave.

typomaniac
09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Reality is what it is. Try to excuse it all you want and youll realize you are just a slave.

I never excuse reality. That's why I give you such a hard time for being so delusional.

Gunny
09-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I never excuse reality. That's why I give you such a hard time for being so delusional.

"I know you are, but what am I?" :lame2:

09-10-2007, 07:35 PM

What for believing the man when he says his military objectives are being met? What proof do you have that they arent?

For thinking that Politicians might want to, you know, listen to what the man says before they start declaring him a delusional liar?

If wanting to hear people out and actually expecting people to back themselves up when they disagree is delusional, I hope I not only hope I stay delusional, i hope i go even further.

Cause Id rather have the truth than be living a lie.

typomaniac
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
What for believing the man when he says his military objectives are being met? What proof do you have that they arent?

For thinking that Politicians might want to, you know, listen to what the man says before they start declaring him a delusional liar?

If wanting to hear people out and actually expecting people to back themselves up when they disagree is delusional, I hope I not only hope I stay delusional, i hope i go even further.

Cause Id rather have the truth than be living a lie.

First you say "reality is what reality is," then you want to "hear people out." You don't seem to know which ways are up, down, and sideways. So you just believe what authority tells you and then say everyone ELSE is a slave. :laugh:

waterrescuedude2000
09-12-2007, 12:15 AM
When Will Lies About WAR Be Honestly Revealed For What They Are?

WASHINGTON - President Bush's war strategy is failing and the top military commander in Iraq is "dead flat wrong" for warning against major changes, the Democratic chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee said Sunday.

Ahead of two days of crucial testimony by Bush's leading military and political advisers on Iraq, Sen. Joseph Biden indicated that he and other Democrats would persist in efforts to set target dates for bringing troops home.

"The reality is that although there's been some mild security progress, there is in fact no security in Baghdad or Anbar province where I was dealing with the most serious problem, sectarian violence," said Biden, a 2008 presidential candidate who recently returned from Iraq.

Gen. David Petraeus and Ambassador Ryan Crocker were scheduled to testify before four congressional committees, including Biden's, on Monday and Tuesday. Lawmakers will hear how the commander and the diplomat assess progress in Iraq and offer recommendations about the course of war strategy.

Officials familiar with their thinking told The Associated Press over the weekend that the advisers would urge Congress not to make significant changes. Their report will note that while national political progress has been disappointing, security gains in local areas have shown promise, according to the officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were discussing internal deliberations.

Petraeus and Crocker will say the buildup of 30,000 troops, which bring the current U.S. total to nearly 170,000, is working better than any previous effort to quell the insurgency and restore stability. The officials also disputed suggestions that Petraeus and Crocker would recommend anything more than a symbolic reduction in troop levels and then only in the spring.

The testimony sets the stage for an announcement by Bush later in the week about he will proceed in the face of widespread public unhappiness and growing congressional discomfort with the war.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20676775

The silence of Americans in the midst of this deafening screaming of the warmongers and war profiteers is beginning to disturb me.

Anyone who calls themselves an "American" can call General Petraeus that in what way has this man betrayed us???? He started in the military academy in 1970. Was commisioned as an officer in 1974 here is a man who has been defending this country for 33 years with pride and distinction. And who has been awarded the Bronze star with V for Valor. If you don't know how this award is earned its here it is:

"The medal is awarded to a member of the military who, while serving in or with the military of the United States after 6 December 1941, distinguished him or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service, not involving participation in aerial flight, while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States; while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party.

Awards may be made for acts of heroism, performed under circumstances described above, which are of lesser degree than required for the award of the Silver Star. Awards may also be made to recognize single acts of merit or meritorious service. The required achievement or service while of lesser degree than that required for the award of the Legion of Merit must nevertheless have been meritorious and accomplished with distinction."

Here is a man who has spent a long time in combat zones. So how he "betrayed us" is beyond me :salute:

To anyone who considers this patriot a "betrayer" :fu:

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Face it. The General betrayed us. His most famous lines are repetitions from the mouth of his most incompetent CIC. Ambassador Crocker is not much better.

MoveOn.org got it correct.

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 07:51 AM
I'll take the General's assessments over a Democratic presidential hopeful's politicing anyday.

retiredman
09-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I'll take the General's assessments over a Democratic presidential hopeful's politicing anyday.

I agree completely.

I have no doubt that we are prevailing militarily in Iraq... which is all we can expect of Petraeus and the forces he commands.

I have significant doubts as to whether the iraqis can use the more peaceful baghdad cityscape provided by our forces to forge a compromise between sunnis and shiites and create the political solution that was the entire purpose of the surge to begin with.

I have significant doubts as to the ability of an american trained Iraqi army to remain a cohesive fighting unit loyal to some as yet formed and functional coalition government and not, instead, devolve into well trained, equipped sunni and shiite militias the moment we finally DO leave.

Gaffer
09-14-2007, 08:22 AM
The General is giving an assessment. He not giving policy. To call him a liar is absolutely un-American. These congress people are disgusting. I wish a POX on their head. Here's to Biden and all his cohorts :fu:

Psychoblues
09-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Then why does he say what he is saying?

The General is giving an assessment. He not giving policy. To call him a liar is absolutely un-American. These congress people are disgusting. I wish a POX on their head. Here's to Biden and all his cohorts :fu:

It's either lies or ignorance. The man is bound to allegiance and he demonstrates every propensity to take that boundary literally.