PDA

View Full Version : Well shit... It has been a while!

KitchenKitten99
03-18-2020, 02:17 PM
I fully admit that getting into social media has lessened my time spent in here. More often I found myself lurking and reading but not participating much because reactions and participation aren't as instant as FB and IG. My life has taken such a huge turn in so many ways - even in the last 6 years- that it would require a wall of text to even talk about. I'm open to questions though, if anyone wants to know what has been going on. I think I am actually friends on FB with one or two of you from here, but I can't remember. I am fine with becoming so if I am not and I recognize your sign in here.

Anyway... seems that recent events have me truly needing to stay off social media and head for a more mentally-stable, more conservative haven of this site. Honestly, I need something to ground me in this psych-ward circus that seems to be the USA at the moment. That means going back to my 'roots' like this.

Anyway. Fire away with questions, hellos, etc if you want. Otherwise, expect to see me participate more here in the coming days. Feels good to be 'home'.

jimnyc
03-18-2020, 02:19 PM
Hey, how ya doin? Staying safe with this virus I hope? Hop right back in!

Kathianne
03-18-2020, 02:21 PM
Good to see you K!

KitchenKitten99
03-18-2020, 02:24 PM
Hey, how ya doin? Staying safe with this virus I hope? Hop right back in!

Ha, I am probably the least worried about this than anyone. I live on 11 acres, come into contact with way worse 'nasties' daily than what this virus can do, i have a job where I can work remotely (and have been directed to avoid the office if possible at the moment) and i can see this 'virus' panic for what it is.

Which is also what concerns me.

Other than that, going well and so far nothing to report for major problems in life, that cannot be solved with time.

jimnyc
03-18-2020, 02:29 PM
Ha, I am probably the least worried about this than anyone. I live on 11 acres, come into contact with way worse 'nasties' daily than what this virus can do, i have a job where I can work remotely (and have been directed to avoid the office if possible at the moment) and i can see this 'virus' panic for what it is.

Which is also what concerns me.

Other than that, going well and so far nothing to report for major problems in life, that cannot be solved with time.

I know a few folks that are lucky enough to be in a more rural area like yourself. My oldest brother is kinda like that, but then the kids travel wayyyy into town to go to school & then also have further activities and also crap they do with their friends. So he may be rural, but the virus dancing on the kids tongue isn't!

KitchenKitten99
03-18-2020, 02:44 PM
I know a few folks that are lucky enough to be in a more rural area like yourself. My oldest brother is kinda like that, but then the kids travel wayyyy into town to go to school & then also have further activities and also crap they do with their friends. So he may be rural, but the virus dancing on the kids tongue isn't!

Even if I were still living in-town, I still would not worry about it. Partly because my husband actually had H1N1 in 2009 and I was his caregiver the whole time, yet I did not contract it. I also travel for work periodically (I was just in St. Louis, MO last month) and I just cannot figure out how people can look at the numbers and *still* be scared.

I'm convinced that I might have had this back just before Christmas. I had many of the symptoms they list but brushed it off as typical winter crud and got over it. As did many in my office. Obviously no way to tell now.

Kathianne
03-18-2020, 02:48 PM
Even if I were still living in-town, I still would not worry about it. Partly because my husband actually had H1N1 in 2009 and I was his caregiver the whole time, yet I did not contract it. I also travel for work periodically (I was just in St. Louis, MO last month) and I just cannot figure out how people can look at the numbers and *still* be scared.

I'm convinced that I might have had this back just before Christmas. I had many of the symptoms they list but brushed it off as typical winter crud and got over it. As did many in my office. Obviously no way to tell now.
Actually a blood test would tell. You’d have antibodies in blood.

SassyLady
03-18-2020, 10:25 PM
Actually a blood test would tell. You’d have antibodies in blood.

And, if you have antibodies please go give blood. It's desperately needed right now. Even if you don't have antibodies.

KitchenKitten99
03-18-2020, 11:01 PM
And, if you have antibodies please go give blood. It's desperately needed right now. Even if you don't have antibodies.
I already give plasma so i can't do whole blood. But, I'm still giving!

NightTrain
03-18-2020, 11:08 PM
Good to see you again, KK!