PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus - 2020 election

jimnyc
03-19-2020, 02:02 PM
I know this is quite early to talk about this, but it WILL become a topic and it WILL affect this election, small or large.

So all of the success that Trump has had since in office.... economically speaking, Wall Street markets, unemployment/employed numbers... & quite a few other areas of life. Will he or will he not get blamed for all of the destruction we're going to face. The markets are crashing, employment hours already killed and job losses already on the horizon and I expect a huge shift in all of the employment terms for awhile. The markets... need I say more?

Then we will have the medicines shortage & potentially many other needed things. Then with the toilet paper and disinfectants and then much more to follow there too.

The panicking is already hitting us hard. The projections and attitudes of what the future holds are still dramatically negative even with things like the flu seemingly being worse and not many explanations as of yet. I expect with the panic surge, and it then getting worse, that this will last for quite a time.

Now reading about the potential of up to 18 months of staying at home? Are you serious? NONE of it adds up from around the world. But that is truly going to set off even more panic.

So how many will hold Trump responsible? Already some are. And that's ridiculous, it's not like he created it and passed it around himself. So he is only facing it like the rest of us, and will have some much much tougher decisions to make than we do! He shouldn't be "rated" at all IMO until we see what we are facing as things unfold and how he handles it and brings us through this nightmare. I believe if things get much worse, it could harm him immensely in the election. They are already attacking him with this. But if he can stay the track, stay on course - keep us updated as to WTF is going on - and lead us through and making it back before the election, that would change things entirely.

Crazy times right now, crazy times!

Kathianne
03-19-2020, 02:08 PM
I know this is quite early to talk about this, but it WILL become a topic and it WILL affect this election, small or large.

So all of the success that Trump has had since in office.... economically speaking, Wall Street markets, unemployment/employed numbers... & quite a few other areas of life. Will he or will he not get blamed for all of the destruction we're going to face. The markets are crashing, employment hours already killed and job losses already on the horizon and I expect a huge shift in all of the employment terms for awhile. The markets... need I say more?

Then we will have the medicines shortage & potentially many other needed things. Then with the toilet paper and disinfectants and then much more to follow there too.

The panicking is already hitting us hard. The projections and attitudes of what the future holds are still dramatically negative even with things like the flu seemingly being worse and not many explanations as of yet. I expect with the panic surge, and it then getting worse, that this will last for quite a time.

Now reading about the potential of up to 18 months of staying at home? Are you serious? NONE of it adds up from around the world. But that is truly going to set off even more panic.

So how many will hold Trump responsible? Already some are. And that's ridiculous, it's not like he created it and passed it around himself. So he is only facing it like the rest of us, and will have some much much tougher decisions to make than we do! He shouldn't be "rated" at all IMO until we see what we are facing as things unfold and how he handles it and brings us through this nightmare. I believe if things get much worse, it could harm him immensely in the election. They are already attacking him with this. But if he can stay the track, stay on course - keep us updated as to WTF is going on - and lead us through and making it back before the election, that would change things entirely.

Crazy times right now, crazy times!

From what I've read, the only ones 'blaming' him are his political enemies and China. He still has the support he's always had from his core and I'm guessing he has a few more thanks to Pelosi & Co and impeachment.

Parts of the economy are doing well, in fact soaring. Groceries, trucking, manufacturers, health care. Some are not going to 'pop back,' such as restaurants, bars and small stores like mom & pop. Malls might have just had the death knell.

Under the circumstances Nov is now far off. Time will tell. Unless there's some big change, unlikely to see party conventions, all voting may be mail in. Who knows?

PostmodernProphet
03-20-2020, 07:10 AM
the upside of the Chinese virus is that its been over two weeks since I've heard anyone say Russian collusion on the news.....

High_Plains_Drifter
03-20-2020, 08:38 AM
I'm in the same camp as Lindsay Graham... "he fixed it once, he can do it again."

I think if the economy takes a hit, we couldn't have a better person than Trump in the White House.

And most DEFINITELY, this virus and it's destruction was NOT HIS FAULT. Anyone BLAMING Trump for the collateral damage caused by this virus is doing so PURELY out of political gain.

He's not going to lose my support. In fact, I think he's been doing an EXCELLENT job handling this crisis so far... EXCELLENT. The man is ON IT. He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, and he's a workaholic.

Who's the alternative, creepy hair sniffing groper qui pro quo uncle Joe? You have GOT to be JOKING. No way in HELL would I vote for that DEMENTIA moron over Trump... cold day in HELL.

jimnyc
03-20-2020, 08:46 AM
Whether Trump or the next president, this is a time where politics needs to be set aside to an extent. Forget the animosity and work together to fix this. Thus far, a good sign that more so than his usual numbers now approve of how he is handling this mess.

--

Poll: 55% of Americans Approve of Donald Trump’s Management of Chinese Coronavirus Crisis

A poll released Friday shows President Donald Trump’s approval for his handling of the Chinese coronavirus outbreak is on the rise.

In the figures reported by ABC, a full 55 percent of Americans approve of the president’s management of the crisis, against 43 percent who disapprove.

Trump’s approval on this issue is up from last week, when the numbers were nearly reversed. Only 43 percent approved of Trump’s handling of the pandemic and 54 percent disapproved in last week’s poll.

The poll conducted by Ipsos in partnership with ABC News, using Ipsos’ Knowledge Panel, asked Americans about the disruption to their daily lives amid more urgent efforts to contain the spread of the global pandemic, Trump’s response, and their concerns over contracting the virus.

Critically, as more people express concern for the viral disease, so too do more people approve of the work the Trump administration is undertaking to handle the crisis in public health.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/20/poll-55-of-americans-approve-of-donald-trumps-management-of-chinese-coronavirus-crisis/

jimnyc
03-20-2020, 08:48 AM
This is also extremely important and will weigh heavily on the next election. Will this be a catastrope lasting long past the election? Or can we get a grasp on it and start to kick it's ass by the end of summer and start to see an upswing in things.

2 hugely different scenarios.

--

The Best-Case Outcome for the Coronavirus, and the Worst

Here’s the grimmest version of life a year from now: More than two million Americans have died from the new coronavirus, almost all mourned without funerals. Countless others have died because hospitals are too overwhelmed to deal adequately with heart attacks, asthma and diabetic crises. The economy has cratered into a depression, for fiscal and monetary policy are ineffective when people fear going out, businesses are closed and tens of millions of people are unemployed. A vaccine still seems far off, immunity among those who have recovered proves fleeting and the coronavirus has joined the seasonal flu as a recurring peril.

Yet here’s an alternative scenario for March 2021: Life largely returned to normal by the late summer of 2020, and the economy has rebounded strongly. The United States used a sharp, short shock in the spring of 2020 to break the cycle of transmission; warm weather then reduced new infections and provided a summer respite for the Northern Hemisphere. By the second wave in the fall, mutations had attenuated the coronavirus, many people were immune and drugs were shown effective in treating it and even in reducing infection. Thousands of Americans died, mostly octogenarians and nonagenarians and some with respiratory conditions, but by February 2021, vaccinations were introduced worldwide and the virus was conquered.

Rest - https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/20/the-best-case-outcome-for-the-coronavirus-and-the-worst/

Abbey Marie
03-20-2020, 08:55 AM
Election stuff aside, when I see the President on TV these days, I thank God for him. His stamina is exceptional, and his calmness is so needed right now. I for one have never felt the need for a strong, capable leader as much as I do right now.

I also think we all need to regularly pray for him. He is under a ton of pressure to guide us through this, with little definitive information to go on. It is comforting to see the strengths of the professionals he has gathered together to help him.

Abbey Marie
03-20-2020, 09:02 AM
To add: And he is doing all this while still being regularly criticized by the left, even to the point as posted elsewhere of being accused of homicide.

It it was nice to see that Ilan Omar praises his efforts, but she is just one voice. My overall impression is that the criticism has slightly diminished. But not enough, imo.

Kathianne
03-20-2020, 09:37 AM
This is also extremely important and will weigh heavily on the next election. Will this be a catastrope lasting long past the election? Or can we get a grasp on it and start to kick it's ass by the end of summer and start to see an upswing in things.

2 hugely different scenarios.

--

The Best-Case Outcome for the Coronavirus, and the Worst

Here’s the grimmest version of life a year from now: More than two million Americans have died from the new coronavirus, almost all mourned without funerals. Countless others have died because hospitals are too overwhelmed to deal adequately with heart attacks, asthma and diabetic crises. The economy has cratered into a depression, for fiscal and monetary policy are ineffective when people fear going out, businesses are closed and tens of millions of people are unemployed. A vaccine still seems far off, immunity among those who have recovered proves fleeting and the coronavirus has joined the seasonal flu as a recurring peril.

Yet here’s an alternative scenario for March 2021: Life largely returned to normal by the late summer of 2020, and the economy has rebounded strongly. The United States used a sharp, short shock in the spring of 2020 to break the cycle of transmission; warm weather then reduced new infections and provided a summer respite for the Northern Hemisphere. By the second wave in the fall, mutations had attenuated the coronavirus, many people were immune and drugs were shown effective in treating it and even in reducing infection. Thousands of Americans died, mostly octogenarians and nonagenarians and some with respiratory conditions, but by February 2021, vaccinations were introduced worldwide and the virus was conquered.

Rest - https://dnyuz.com/2020/03/20/the-best-case-outcome-for-the-coronavirus-and-the-worst/

I'm betting it will be a mix of the two, differing among the different states, even by county within each state. I wouldn't be surprised to see 'areas' have the restrictions lifted piecemeal either.

There's no doubt that right now, the President is getting 'wartime' president support, which is just smart.