PDA

View Full Version : My Contribution To Recovery

Kathianne
03-19-2020, 04:05 PM
I feel for the restaurants, so I ordered doordash for dinner from local place. Thai shrimp and pizza on the menu for tonight.

I don't have much, but try to double use what I can. I get to eat nice on my day off, in my jammies. Driver gets a 40%, restaurant gets a bit of $$.

Abbey Marie
03-19-2020, 09:15 PM
I feel for the restaurants, so I ordered doordash for dinner from local place. Thai shrimp and pizza on the menu for tonight.

I don't have much, but try to double use what I can. I get to eat nice on my day off, in my jammies. Driver gets a 40%, restaurant gets a bit of $$.

You're a good soul, Kath.

Kathianne
03-19-2020, 09:43 PM
Ah, no deed can be simple, even a good one.

So, driver drops off our pizzas and 'shrimp.' Pizzas look great, but the shrimp are as big as golf balls! Huh? Now since when does Thai look like Buffalo sauce?

Ended up being Buffalo Cauliflower. LOL! Now I'm not a huge cauliflower fan, though I'll eat it fairly often. I do not like Buffalo, it's like a bad barbque sauce imo.

So I called Boston's, figuring they should know the order was wrong. It ends up they've been 86 on the Thai Shrimp for a couple of weeks. I said that they shouldn't substitute without asking, if they'd have called we'd have ordered something in its place. I asked for a refund on the appetizer. Instead they refunded the entire cost!

Now I have to order twice to make up for this! The pizza was excellent though.

SassyLady
03-20-2020, 04:00 AM
Me too!

We had Pita Jungle yesterday and Texas Roadhouse today. Had to pick it up ourselves though. No one delivers out here. Pita Jungle quit in house dining Tuesday night (City of Tucson) and tonight last dine in at Texas Roadhouse (City of Marana). Different rules I guess.

Had to get taxes done today. H&R Block found out this morning that today was last day to meet face to face. Starting tomorrow it's either drop off or upload info and answer questions by phone or email. They had two openings ... I grabbed one and blasted into town. I feel bad for the preparers at the franchises. The uploads go to corporate headquarters. The preparers work on commission but if headquarters doesn't send back to local office ... no commissions.

I also stopped at Walmart to get some groceries because our Frys and Safeway were out of milk. Got some at Walmart but none by usual brand. Really freaky to see so many empty shelves.

Traffic is just as busy as any other normal day so not many people isolating yet. Just being extra cautious when in public.