PDA

View Full Version : Austrian Army Deploys Personnel to Help Country’s Supermarkets

jimnyc
03-20-2020, 10:53 AM
Crazy, but not surprising. Seems like stupidity is not in just one country and the idiots that fight over things and go and hoard things is everywhere.

Unfortunately as a result, they should now ration ANYTHING that gets the slightest out of hand, IMO. Ensure that all people are able to get products they need, whether household products or food. And perhaps just having them in presence will be enough to deter the idiots.

--

Austrian Army Deploys Personnel to Help Country’s Supermarkets

The Austrian armed forces have deployed over 900 personnel to help supermarkets across the country keep products on shelves during the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak.

Colonel Michael Bauer, the spokesman for the Austrian defence ministry, said that 916 personnel had been deployed, most of them working in supermarket warehouses to ensure products were getting to areas where panic buyers had cleared local shops of goods.

Most of those deployed are civil servants who work for the armed forces, with a minority of the personnel being actual professional soldiers, Austrian tabloid Kronen Zeitung reports.

According to Colonel Bauer, the first request for help came last Friday and the first army personnel were deployed the next day. Now, army members have been deployed to several supermarket chains such as Spar, Lidl, and Hofer.

“We also have many requests from many other industries,” Bauer said but added: “We couldn’t fulfil them. We had to reject them all.” Industries that requested army help include freight companies and pharmacies.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/03/20/austrian-army-deploys-help-supermarkets/

Kathianne
03-20-2020, 11:19 AM
Hey, I ran out around 7 to get some things for sandwiches, as our genius governor has closed all restaurants, but allow pick up only, no deliveries. Well I'm not getting into lines, so it doesn't look like delivery once in awhile is going to be an alternative.

In the grocery, people are really keeping apart now-won't carry over to Walmart, but still good to see. Employees were still pleasant. There was bread, not the ones I'd usually buy, but it was there. I ended up just grabbing some of the bakery loaves, though it doesn't last as long-they were fully stocked in what was baked there.

No Lysol spray, which we are running low on, but they did have bleach. They had limits of 1 of everything 'in demand.'