PDA

View Full Version : Cuomo changes course, willing to try medicine

jimnyc
03-21-2020, 10:30 AM
Trump got ripped for this, being too quick on the gun. Perhaps so, but a lot of lives are out there depending on some sort of relief.

VERY nice to see Cuomo and Trump work together, as THAT is what is needed now.

--

Hannity offers to help New York as Gov. Cuomo says he’s open to anti-malarial drug touted by Trump

ALBANY — Gov. Cuomo gained a very unlikely ally Friday in the battle against the coronavirus crisis.

Conservative pundit Sean Hannity offered his assistance to the Democratic governor in an extended afternoon radio interview.

“If there is anything I can do for you in New York, with my TV or radio show, you have it. It’s at your disposal," Hannity told the governor.

The right-wing host went on to praise both Cuomo and California Gov. Gavin Newsom, another Dem, for closing non-essential businesses and ordering people to avoid social gatherings.

“I thought this was the bold move on your part,” Hannity said. “I think it’s the right move. I will give Gavin Newsom credit. I’m not a big fan of his politically, but I think he’s done a good job.”

The kudos is a sea change for Hannity, who rarely has positive things to say about members of the Democratic party and referred to media coverage and the response to the virus as a “hoax” earlier this month.

“This scaring the living hell out of people — I see it, again, as like, let’s bludgeon Trump with this new hoax,” he said during his March 9 show on Fox News.

Earlier Friday, Trump himself applauded Cuomo’s leadership.

“We’re working very closely together,” the president said.

Trump also said he hopes hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial medication, will be effective in treating the virus and battling the ongoing pandemic.

“I am a man that comes from a very positive school when it comes to, in particular, one of these drugs, and we’ll see how it works out,” he said, adding that he has a “good feeling” despite warnings from experts that it is too early to make predictions.

Cuomo said he spoke to the president about the drug and was hopeful as well.

“I’m an optimist,” Cuomo said. “I’m hopeful about the drugs and that’s why we’ll try it here in New York as soon as we get it.”v

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-hannity-cuomo-praise-unlikely-ally-interview-20200320-zugwfthj2nembgu45q3egksyly-story.htmlv

Kathianne
03-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Trump got ripped for this, being too quick on the gun. Perhaps so, but a lot of lives are out there depending on some sort of relief.

VERY nice to see Cuomo and Trump work together, as THAT is what is needed now.

--

Hannity offers to help New York as Gov. Cuomo says he’s open to anti-malarial drug touted by Trump

ALBANY — Gov. Cuomo gained a very unlikely ally Friday in the battle against the coronavirus crisis.

Conservative pundit Sean Hannity offered his assistance to the Democratic governor in an extended afternoon radio interview.

“If there is anything I can do for you in New York, with my TV or radio show, you have it. It’s at your disposal," Hannity told the governor.

The right-wing host went on to praise both Cuomo and California Gov. Gavin Newsom, another Dem, for closing non-essential businesses and ordering people to avoid social gatherings.

“I thought this was the bold move on your part,” Hannity said. “I think it’s the right move. I will give Gavin Newsom credit. I’m not a big fan of his politically, but I think he’s done a good job.”

The kudos is a sea change for Hannity, who rarely has positive things to say about members of the Democratic party and referred to media coverage and the response to the virus as a “hoax” earlier this month.

“This scaring the living hell out of people — I see it, again, as like, let’s bludgeon Trump with this new hoax,” he said during his March 9 show on Fox News.

Earlier Friday, Trump himself applauded Cuomo’s leadership.

“We’re working very closely together,” the president said.

Trump also said he hopes hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial medication, will be effective in treating the virus and battling the ongoing pandemic.

“I am a man that comes from a very positive school when it comes to, in particular, one of these drugs, and we’ll see how it works out,” he said, adding that he has a “good feeling” despite warnings from experts that it is too early to make predictions.

Cuomo said he spoke to the president about the drug and was hopeful as well.

“I’m an optimist,” Cuomo said. “I’m hopeful about the drugs and that’s why we’ll try it here in New York as soon as we get it.”v

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-hannity-cuomo-praise-unlikely-ally-interview-20200320-zugwfthj2nembgu45q3egksyly-story.htmlv

I don't think that the president got 'ripped' for his take on the drug. Rather I think there were concerns that to be overly optimistic in his presentation, might be a problem if it didn't come to pass. His enthusiasm led to some thinking it was going to be 'aloe' to sunburn like.

jimnyc
03-21-2020, 02:55 PM
I don't think that the president got 'ripped' for his take on the drug. Rather I think there were concerns that to be overly optimistic in his presentation, might be a problem if it didn't come to pass. His enthusiasm led to some thinking it was going to be 'aloe' to sunburn like.

I do, but depends on what ya read. I think some are still out there condemning him for "false hope" to Americans over his statements about that drug. Absolutely no doubt he could have spoken differently about what to expect from it - but far from the point that its deserving of condemnation as some on the left are giving him. Maybe not the majority or the more important media, but no doubt some have and still are. I believe it's another one on their list they are claiming is a lie and that Trump is lying to Americans and people dying as a result. I think that's a bit far.