PDA

View Full Version : We're in trouble here in New York

jimnyc
03-21-2020, 10:39 AM
And I would imagine many of you aren't far behind. Major shutdowns beginning, and of course I just have to be in one of the largest.

Mostly locked down now and can only go out for food or the doctor (or gas station). Been less than a day and I'm going nuts already! LOL Mostly because though you start thinking of everything and anything problematic that this can now cause.

And Cuomo spoke of "we're ALL in quarantine now". I believe this far it is called for 90 days. But during that time, how much worse will it get? Both the virus and the people.

And the highest health official in NJ gave a rather positive update - saying we will ALL get this eventually.

But honestly, as selfish as it may sound (and I'll more than gladly socially separate while out and even wear all precautions..) I think too long of a quarantine and I just may lose it! And of course than the other half of your head drops the hammer of reality of where I live and the higher odds of getting this crap.

jimnyc
03-21-2020, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=jimnyc;953343
And the highest health official in NJ gave a rather positive update - saying we will ALL get this eventually.
[/QUOTE]

‘I’m definitely going to get it. We all are,’ N.J.’s top health official says as she leads the state’s coronavirus war

Nearing the end of another 16-hour day overseeing New Jersey’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, Judith Persichilli pauses at the door of her crisis conference room to answer a final question.

Persichilli, the state health commissioner, has become a familiar face in the state as the woman who calmly announces how many people have tested positive and died of COVID-19 disease each day. Behind the scenes, she is the health official who has been running the state’s day-to-day battle against the virus.

But at age 71, Persichilli is squarely in the age range that experts are warning to be most cautious.

“Are you worried,” I ask, “that you’ll get the coronavirus eventually?”

She smiles.

“I’m definitely going to get it. We all are,” Persichilli says matter-of-factly. “I’m just waiting.”

It will probably be mild. She’ll feel sick for a few days, then hopefully get better, she says. It may not be this month or this year. But, she’s studied all the coronavirus pandemic algorithms and consulted the experts.'

Rest - https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/im-going-to-get-it-we-all-are-njs-top-health-official-says-as-she-leads-the-states-coronavirus-war.html

hjmick
03-21-2020, 10:59 AM
Makes me glad I don't live in a major population center, makes me glad I work for a company with fewer than 25 employees, makes me glad I don't engage with large groups of people (not that I could these days) on a regular basis, makes me glad I only need to hit the grocery store every couple of weeks... I just realized, I've been practicing Social Distancing for a couple of decades now...

I'm a man ahead of my time...

all that being said, I won't be surprised of I get it... some things we just can't control, by that I mean, other people.

jimnyc
03-21-2020, 04:07 PM
Would be just weird if they took over Yankee Stadium or Shea Stadium. The hotel businesses are getting killed right now anyway, might as well put them to great use.

--

NY State Declared Major Disaster Area After 56 Coronavirus Deaths — Military is Outlining Plans to Take Over Hotels, Dormitories, Arenas to Treat Patients

On Friday President Trump declared New York State a major disaster area as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases jumped to 10,356 by Saturday morning.

There have been 56 deaths reported in the state due to coronavirus.

The US mortality rate for the coronavirus has dropped to 1.2% from 4% in the last 13 days.

The US military is now working on plans due to the emergency declaration that will enable them to take over hotels, college dormitories and sports arenas and turn them into ICU-like areas.

Via The Geller Report and Daily Mail.

Donald Trump has declared New York State a major disaster area as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases skyrockets and New York City was declared the epicenter of the US outbreak by city Mayor Bill de Blasio.

The US military will now be called in, and the US Army Corps of Engineers have said they plans to take over hotels, sports arenas, college dorms and other buildings in a bid to bolster the number of available hospital rooms.

De Blasio had urged Trump to send in the military and its logistical support to hard-hit New York State, California and Seattle on Wednesday. On Friday de Blasio said: ‘We constitute 30 percent of the cases in the US and 70 per cent of the cases in New York State. Whether we like it or not, we are the epicenter.’

The president’s declaration comes as a hospital in the Bronx revealed it is running low on ventilators and a Queens doctor revealed that an elderly patient experiencing coronavirus symptoms died on the hospital ward floor.

On Friday, patients were seen lining up around the block at test centers in New York City as they tried to get tested for the disease. One video showed hundreds lining up waiting to be tested at Queens’ Elmhurst Hospital.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/ny-state-declared-major-disaster-area-after-56-coronavirus-deaths-military-is-outlining-plans-to-take-over-hotels-dormitories-arenas-to-treat-patients/

FakeNewsSux
03-21-2020, 04:34 PM
And I would imagine many of you aren't far behind. Major shutdowns beginning, and of course I just have to be in one of the largest.

Mostly locked down now and can only go out for food or the doctor (or gas station). Been less than a day and I'm going nuts already! LOL Mostly because though you start thinking of everything and anything problematic that this can now cause.

And Cuomo spoke of "we're ALL in quarantine now". I believe this far it is called for 90 days. But during that time, how much worse will it get? Both the virus and the people.

But honestly, as selfish as it may sound (and I'll more than gladly socially separate while out and even wear all precautions..) I think too long of a quarantine and I just may lose it! And of course than the other half of your head drops the hammer of reality of where I live and the higher odds of getting this crap.

Too bad you're not in California. Gov. Newsome shut everything down too, except for essential services, which includes all of the marijuana dispensaries!

High_Plains_Drifter
03-21-2020, 04:50 PM

Hope you have some sort of firearm.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Makes me glad I don't live in a major population center, makes me glad I work for a company with fewer than 25 employees, makes me glad I don't engage with large groups of people (not that I could these days) on a regular basis, makes me glad I only need to hit the grocery store every couple of weeks... I just realized, I've been practicing Social Distancing for a couple of decades now...

I'm a man ahead of my time...

all that being said, I won't be surprised of I get it... some things we just can't control, by that I mean, other people.
Yep, I'm in a similar situation, live in a tiny little town but retired, actually eat very little, usually only once a day, don't really have any reason to be around anyone, and usually aren't, virus or no virus, that's just the way it is, and I enjoy it that way. I have a ton of things to do around my home and property so I'm not worried about being bored either. Got an acre and a quarter playground.