PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Oz on new virus

jimnyc
03-21-2020, 11:57 AM
I know, too many threads on this virus. But hit the news circuit, it's all that's out there right now!

This was the same dumbass who told us that this was more like the common cold than anything. So he can take his advice...

--

Dr. Oz Cheers Chloroquine Treatment on Coronavirus: “Biggest Game Changer of All – Completely Changes Behavior of the Virus – Will Know in Six Days if Successful”

Dr. Mehmet Oz joined David Asman on Lou Dobbs Tonight to discuss the ongoing coronravirus pandemic.

Dr. Oz harped on the wonderful news on the chloroquine treatment for coronavirus.

Dr. Oz: There was actually pretty big news today. There was a paper that came out yesterday that was being discussed but didn’t get the attention that I thought it would that a paper from France that the use of an old drug, the malaria drug together with the Z-Pac seemed to dramatically impact on this virus. And that could be the biggest game changer of all that can alter if we can ever become Italy… But I’ll give you the biggest fact of all. In this study they shortened the amount of time the patients excreted the virus down to six days. The norm is approaching 20 days. That completely changes the behavior of the virus. Which means it may be actually more like a flu virus in its impact on us. It’s still dangerous but now as contagious… If drug that has already been on the market for 65 years could be effective in treating a new virus, yes there are potential side effects, there are eye problems that potentially arise, we know that we use these drugs commonly. But I think it’s worth the chance. And we should be doing the study starting today! And we’ll know in six days. In the meantime the task force is going to liberalize use of these medications.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/dr-oz-cheers-chloroquine-treatment-of-coronavirus-biggest-game-changer-of-all-completely-changes-behavior-of-the-virus-will-know-in-six-days-if-successful-video/

jimnyc
03-21-2020, 12:00 PM
And if this works...

--

Israeli Pharmaceutical Company Donates 6 Million Doses of Chloroquine to US to treat Coronavirus

Israeli Pharmaceutical Company Teva is donating 6 million doses of chloroquine to the United States to treat the coronavirus.

President Trump called the news of chloroquine’s effectiveness in treating the COVID-19 virus a “game changer” this week.

This came after three international studies found chloroquine along with Azithromycin was successful in treating the coronavirus.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/israeli-pharmaceutical-company-donates-6-million-doses-of-chloroquine-to-us-to-treat-coronavirus/

Kathianne
03-21-2020, 01:59 PM
And if this works...

--

Israeli Pharmaceutical Company Donates 6 Million Doses of Chloroquine to US to treat Coronavirus

Israeli Pharmaceutical Company Teva is donating 6 million doses of chloroquine to the United States to treat the coronavirus.

President Trump called the news of chloroquine’s effectiveness in treating the COVID-19 virus a “game changer” this week.

This came after three international studies found chloroquine along with Azithromycin was successful in treating the coronavirus.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/israeli-pharmaceutical-company-donates-6-million-doses-of-chloroquine-to-us-to-treat-coronavirus/

If this does was is hoped, can't be enough. Would be nice to make those 90 day lockdowns into a week.

Kathianne
03-21-2020, 02:12 PM
jimnyc I see where he picked up criticism. Tweeting, surprise! He actually is lobbying in public for the FDA to skip what Fauci explained yesterday.

If if you found some of the conversation between Drummond and myself earlier, it seems the UK for certain, maybe Europe in general? have this as an OTC med. How quick would this become the new toilet paper?

Kathianne
03-21-2020, 02:18 PM
More:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/03/21/doctors-stop-hyping-chloroquine-patients-need-illnesses/

Already causing shortages for people whose lives depend on it.

jimnyc
03-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Ramp up production non-stop. First priority should be towards those using the medication for what it was originally intended, IMO. There is talk of this being an extended time dealing with this, so hopefully they can start ramping this up and preparing for some execution. But a few studies are running for the effectiveness and safety. Hopefully if all pans out they can start dealing with any roadblocks ahead of time. With the amount getting sick and dying, there's got to be better ways to get things out to the dying, even if earlier than anticipated.

Perhaps also prepare to use such medications for those hospitalized and/or dying first. Then maybe rollout to the 'regular' sick with doctors and what not. I'm just guessing at this point. There's obviously a ton of work for everyone ahead and gonna be a lot of time dealing with it.

But yeah, would be at the very least fantastic if there was a way to lessen down quarantine times at minimum. I don't think I could deal with 90 days as is, they truly lock it down and I'm screwed! LOL

Kathianne
03-21-2020, 03:16 PM
Ramp up production non-stop. First priority should be towards those using the medication for what it was originally intended, IMO. There is talk of this being an extended time dealing with this, so hopefully they can start ramping this up and preparing for some execution. But a few studies are running for the effectiveness and safety. Hopefully if all pans out they can start dealing with any roadblocks ahead of time. With the amount getting sick and dying, there's got to be better ways to get things out to the dying, even if earlier than anticipated.

Perhaps also prepare to use such medications for those hospitalized and/or dying first. Then maybe rollout to the 'regular' sick with doctors and what not. I'm just guessing at this point. There's obviously a ton of work for everyone ahead and gonna be a lot of time dealing with it.

But yeah, would be at the very least fantastic if there was a way to lessen down quarantine times at minimum. I don't think I could deal with 90 days as is, they truly lock it down and I'm screwed! LOL
I just think the focus should be on the problems. Yes, 'hope' is something that needs to be given as in, "We have already started trials for the sickest, we're working on getting dosage and combination ratios correct." That is not only hopeful, but also let's everyone know it's not an immediate equivalent of an aspirin for an ache.

This hyper reaction to any criticism, even constructive criticism, is not helpful. Tapper just went nutso on Trump, the result will be more approval for the President.

For the most part, working together is what people want-which is why Trump's approval ratings have jumped in the past week. No longer appears to be hoping the virus away, rather 'all hands on deck, I don't care about politics until the worst is passed.' That is winning.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Well when this was asked about today on Trump's daily briefing, that Dr. Fauci poo-pooed it again as being "hypothetical" and nothing more than a "maybe" at best. He didn't say one damn good thing about this drug treatment.

WTF?

Kathianne
03-21-2020, 03:55 PM
Well when this was asked about today on Trump's daily briefing, that Dr. Fauci poo-pooed it again as being "hypothetical" and nothing more than a "maybe" at best. He didn't say one damn good thing about this drug treatment.

WTF?
They don't have the information they need-the trials on Chinese virus have begun, but by the very nature of 'new' in US, not long enough. They know they've had over dosing. They know they have a 'run' on the drug, meaning people that have been on it for a long time, well they can't get it. Indeed for those with lupus, they could die.

There are reasons that one might be hopeful for future, near future use, but play it down for the time being. Over hype will cause more problems.

Just think if they thought the med your mom might have been taking for the past 15 years, credited with keeping her biggest issues at bay, suddenly was not available because of a sudden illness caused a run on her life saving med? Not proven relief for the new virus, but in the testing stage on the most ill? So cause of social media, people all over the world, including places where it is sold OTC are clamoring for it. Some may overdose on it, since there are no protocols on dosage for the virus.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-21-2020, 04:11 PM
They don't have the information they need-the trials on Chinese virus have begun, but by the very nature of 'new' in US, not long enough. They know they've had over dosing. They know they have a 'run' on the drug, meaning people that have been on it for a long time, well they can't get it. Indeed for those with lupus, they could die.

There are reasons that one might be hopeful for future, near future use, but play it down for the time being. Over hype will cause more problems.

Just think if they thought the med your mom might have been taking for the past 15 years, credited with keeping her biggest issues at bay, suddenly was not available because of a sudden illness caused a run on her life saving med? Not proven relief for the new virus, but in the testing stage on the most ill? So cause of social media, people all over the world, including places where it is sold OTC are clamoring for it. Some may overdose on it, since there are no protocols on dosage for the virus.
Well yes, I can see where it's probably a good idea to down play it in the press conference for that reason, because there really is a lot of STUPID people. Probably not a good idea to send them off half cocked on a wild goose chase, because they WILL.

So I also heard though that we'll know in 6 days. That's the length of the trials.(?) So what happens if it works? Same thing? People run out and buy it and OD on it? I had no idea it was OTC.

Kathianne
03-21-2020, 04:17 PM
Well yes, I can see where it's probably a good idea to down play it in the press conference for that reason, because there really is a lot of STUPID people. Probably not a good idea to send them off half cocked on a wild goose chase, because they WILL.

So I also heard though that we'll know in 6 days. That's the length of the trials.(?) So what happens if it works? Same thing? People run out and buy it and OD on it? I had no idea it was OTC.

It's not OTC in US, but from what I saw and Drummond didn't post differently, it is in UK and likely other Euro countries.

You can OD on anything, but pharmaceuticals are easier than other things to ingest. One of the links I posted earlier was to an article that cited the dangers-which would be WHY it's not OTC here.

Hope is good, misinformation and making it political is likely not good.